Linda Rankin asked:

> ...I received the following email from someone...

> > I have the music to a lovely tune "John Roy Lyall"
> > recorded by Sandy MacIntyre.... I am wondering if anyone knows the
> > composer and if anyone knows who John Roy was...

According to Ceol Na Fidhle Vol.1, the composer was one E. Edmond,
about whom I know nothing. I don't know anything about John Roy Lyall
either, I'm afraid.

One of my main complaints against that series of books is that they
never give any indication of where they got the tunes.

--
Nigel Gatherer, Crieff, Scotland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]