David Kilpatrick wrote:

> Nigel Gatherer wrote:
> >
> > I've played three great mandolins in my life:
> > Sam's Red Diamond, Mike's Nelson #3, and a friend's Vanden.
> >
> To me most mandos sound pretty good...

The mandolin list sometimes gets like a bunch of men showing off their
expensive toys, outdoing each other to see who has the most, or the
most expensive, mandolins. I've got a cheap Korean - which I love, by
the way - so I shrink into the background.

> ...I've just fixed up a rather crude, but impressive, 100+ year old
> 12-string triple courser. Incredible for playing Irish triplets, just
> pick down slowly over three strings and back over one....

Wouldn't that be a quadruplet? Sounds very interesting; when I
eventually make my way to your session, I'll let you know in advance
and you can bring it along.

--
Nigel Gatherer, Crieff, Scotland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]