Well since Shinty (Camanachd) is my Sport of
preference, I must confess ignorance of Scottish
Football. Another source has suggested it might have
been the Scottish Rugby Team making it into the World
Cup finals, but necesaarily winning the Cup.
I have heard the recording, I believe it was a Medley
of Jigs/Reels either written or arranged to
acknowledge the occasion. Defintely not a Rugby
Anthem, as it was purely instrumental.