Carol Thompkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> As a Quaker for many years, I can guarantee you that Amazing Grace is not a
> Quaker hymn.  Quakers don't sing at meeting except in rare instances, nor do
> we have hymns.

I think Philip meant the Shakers, not the Quakers (slight difference!).

Anyway, it's Lord of the Dance (the well-known Irish traditional song
written by Sydney Carter some time during the 1960s or so) which derives
from a Shaker (not Quaker) hymn called Simple Gifts. You can hear the
tune in Copeland's Appalachian Spring, among other places.

Anselm
--
Anselm Lingnau .......................................... [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Think where man's glory most begins and ends/And say my glory was I had such