From: Dayan Goodsir Cullen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 July 2001 11:22
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: William Goodsir

Dear Mr Brockbank,

Just found your Scottish Dance pages - very comprehensive and
interesting.

I wonder if you can help me with a little research? Have you heard of a
William "Willie" Goodsir (1772-1848) - a musician (well known locally as
a fiddler) from North Berwick? I gather he was quite famous in his day,
but I wonder if any of his works survive, or if any information about
him remains? There is a reference to him in a local history (written at
the end of the 19th century) that compares Goodsir to Neil Gow, but
apart from that I have not found much. Mind you I am on the other side
of the world!

Anything you know will be of interest to me, even if you can suggest
where I might look for further information.

May I thank you in anticipation for your help? I should be very grateful
for any suggestions you might have.

Yours Sincerely,
Dayan Goodsir-Cullen