At 08:46 AM 10/14/02 -0700, you wrote:
>Shetland. That reminds me: I saw Aly Bain and Ali (sorry, forgot his
>last name--he plays cittern, harmonica and some wild wind
>instruments) at the Focal Point here in St. Louis. They were
>great--so is their CD. A superb blend of
>Shetland/Irish/Scots/Swedish. Hats off to Judy Stein & Co. for their
>great bookings.
>
>Cliff Abrams

        Aly Bain and Ale Moller will appear on the Millenium stage at the Kennedy
Center in Washington, D.C. on Wed the 16th at 6 pm for free. As far as I know, they do
not have any other local appearances. Too bad!
        I wonder whether Aly and Ale are just different spellings of the same name.
Ale has done lots of work with Scandinavian music, he is truly a wizard! I am almost
as excited to see him as Aly.

        Sue Richards