I was told today that Tam Reid died last week - went out to see to his
sheep in a blizzard; his wife found him dying in the snow a few hours
later, and the weather stopped the emergency services getting through
fast enough to help.  Apparently there were something about it in the
Aberdeen Press and Journal, anybody see it?  I can't find anything on
the web.

A very fine singer; I'm posting this to two lists and I think there
are people on both who knew him well.