> Has anyone been hiking in Arrochar?  Is there a bridge there?

Not so as you'd notice.  There's one carrying the railway over the
road midway between Arrochar and Tarbert, and doubtless a few small
ones, but nothing spectacular.  I can't even imagine where you'd
want to put a big bridge near Arrochar.

> {This is the title of a tune recorded by the Five MacDonalds,
> who were fiddlers from Cape Breton).

There wouldn't be an Arrochar in CB that's got one?

I recently looked up another local bridge tune, a waltz called
"Lugton Brig".  From my guess of the date, it's most likely to
optimistically commemorate a bridge that was designed in 1840
to replace one in Dalkeith, but never built.  There seems to be
a category of "virtual bridge tunes".  (As I point out on my
Dalkeith pages, "Dalkeith Maiden Bridge" is not at all that it
seems, either).

Scottish music can't be alone in celebrating things that never
happened - I'm sure given the 19th century US's industriousness
in writing music for electoral candidates, there must have been
many songs or hornpipes written to mark the victories of people
who eventually lost.  (The most-played of these commemorative
pieces now is President Garfield's Hornpipe, and much good it
did him).