I once asked about a few tunes with Gaelic titles, including "Fear a
Figue" as played by Andrew Rankine. No answer was forthcoming at that
time, but last night one of my students explained:

'A "pig" is an old Scots term for a stone bottle made to contain hot
water to heat up your bed - what you'd call a hot water bottle. The
gaelic word for this bottle is "phige", and the man who supplied these
bottles was called the bottle man, or "fear a' phige", and it wasn't
necessarily hot water which was supplied with the bottle!'

So that seems the most likely explanation so far!

X:122
T:Fear A Figue
D:Horses for Courses by the Riverside Ceilidh Band
Z:Nigel Gatherer
M:4/4
L:1/8
K:A