Nigel Gatherer wrote:

Just read on Ballad-L that Bruce Olson, who often contributed to this
list, died on Friday, aged 73. Olson was a seemingly tireless scholar
and did much work on old Scottish song. His website is a treasure
trove, and it is to be hoped that his work will be stored for future
use. http://www.erols.com/olsonw

Oh no! That's really bad news! He was cool and infinately knowledgable, although somewhat cantankerous at times :-)
I will go and download his entire website and make sure it stays up on one of my servers, as a service to the traditional music community.