> Well, I wouldn't exactly call it "instrumental versions of songs."  Most
> of those tunes were around as fiddle music before Burns got to them and
> set songs to them!

That's very true; when I spoke of "fiddle music" though, I was thinking
more of the reels, jigs, strathspeys and airs that dominate the modern
form, rather than the whole of everything that's ever been played on a
fiddle.

The tunes on CD are mostly melodies that don't seem to follow the form of
dances or airs, which makes them sound different. I have only listened to
the CD a couple times, so I'm sure there's stuff I didn't notice yet.

I haven't read through the liner notes on V2 yet either. It's a little
challenging because I got Alasdair and Natalie to autograph it and they
wrote on the notes... I'll do some comparitive listening now that I know
the fiddles are different.

Bob