Robert Barbour wrote:

Message Received: Jan 20 2006, 09:41 PM
From: "Alan Rutherford" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], "SLUG-list" <scottish@mailman.lug.org.uk>
Cc: Subject: Re: [Scottish] Upgrade and file preservation

Robert Barbour wrote:

>If I upgrade SuSE linux from version 9 to version 10, will my data files be
preserved, or do I need to copy them before the upgrade?

>Regards
>Rob

Would they be wiped if you were upgrading from Windows 2000 to XP??

I've no idea, the only upgrade I ever did was from windows 3. something to 98!

Rob.

Well, as a matter of fact, I updraded 9.3. to 10 just recently. It went ok, however after the upgrade (updated KDE from 3.3 to 3.4) the WIFI card didn't work and the sound card also stopped functioning. Back up all of your data. This can be found in your Home folder.

Alan