If you're using network-manager then I think the configuration is then stored
in the gconf structures.

On your old system, can you export the configuration?

-----Original Message-----
From: scottish-boun...@mailman.lug.org.uk
[mailto:scottish-boun...@mailman.lug.org.uk] On Behalf Of Keith Wyse
Sent: 11 December 2010 13:58
To: ScotLUG
Subject: Re: [Scottish] VPN Connection

On 2 December 2010 15:52, Ronald MacDonald <ron...@rmacd.com> wrote:

> Hello Keith,
>
> Can you provide your vpn.conf?
>
> I note you're using ItsHidden - probably no chance of seeing the server-side
> conf.
>
> Have you got network-manager-pptp installed?
>
> Ronald.

Hi Ronald;
I've gotten back to my computer and checked the things you suggest.
I do have network-manager-pptp and network-manager-pptp-gnome
installed both at version 0.8-0ubuntu3

As for the vpn.conf file, the files I could find were all under
/var/lib/dpkg/info/
network-manager-openvpn.conffiles
openvpn.conffiles
openvpn.config

these aren't what you're looking for though and appear to be to do with openvpn.
Should this file be under /etc ? Can you point me in the direction of
an example?

Also I was using the network manager app to look at what I had setup,
and clicked on the routes button and there were no routes.
Should this have a route to the server's IP?

Thanks for your help
Keith

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged.If
you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you
should destroy the email message and any attachments or copies, and you are
prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information
contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail.
Thank you for your co-operation.

Mercer Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Registered in England No. 984275.  Registered Office: 1 Tower Place West, Tower
Place, London, EC3R 5BU.