Hi all,

Currently the software evaluation list looks like pligg / anahita / openoutreach.

...but I'm also looking for any recommendation on cheap UK-based hosting.

While I can find lots of very cheap hosting companies claiming to operate in the UK - nearly all of them have their datacentres in the US/Canada. It's not that I've got anything against the former colonies - but I already have a site hosted in Florida, and although packets go back and forth at around half the speed of light (I measured it - how sad) the latency is a killer.

Uk2.net do have at least one datacentre here - but for the basic package they don't tell you where it's hosted / don't give you any choice in the matter. Easyspace seem happy to wave the flag. I've used 123-reg for DNS before, but not for web hosting - but they don't explicitly say their datacentres are in the UK. Anybody used any of them?

Aiming for something under £5/mo

Any other suggestions?