Hi Kent,

That's a really helpful page, thanks for making it!
However, I'm a bit concerned that the title could be confusing to some
users:
"Installing MIT Scratch on Ubuntu 9.10"

The Scratch 1.4 debian package available from the Scratch PPA is still the
easiest way to install Scratch on Ubuntu 9.10. However, because of the bug
described here:

https://www.assembla.com/spaces/scratchonlinux/tickets/9-Package-tries-to-write-to-defaults-list-file-in-Kubuntu--which-doesn-t-exist-

...the package fails to install properly on Kubuntu (the version of Ubuntu
that uses KDE for the window manager).

So maybe the title could be changed to "Installing MIT Scratch on Kubuntu
9.10" ?

Do you have any ideas on how to fix this bug?  We could really use some
help. The source code for the package is available on the Scratch Assembla
site linked above.

Thanks!
Amos

--