             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                 Release: None
           Fixed Release: None
         Planned Release: None
           Work Required: None

Details:

Patch attached that adds -zy and -zn options that enable and disable zombie
for a particular command, eg:

    screen -zn reset-database.sh

so you don't have to risk hitting 'r' much later and doing something
destructive. -zy is also supported for completeness, but it only comes into
play if screen is started with -zn.

When zombie is disabled, this has no effect on any behavior.

When zombie is enabled, -zy normally changes nothing and -zn allows the
window to be destroyed when the command exits. If screen is started with -zn,
any new windows will not be zombies unless started with screen -zy.

I do mostly python programming, this is at the limits of my C abilities. My
main question is whether I've correctly updated MSG_VERSION in screen.h; I
added msg.m.create.zombie, but I have no idea what's going on in MSG_REVISION
and don't know if I need to do anything there.

This patch is also missing a means of changing the zombie flag on existing
windows; presumably this will be a command (although also presumably not
'zombie' to avoid breakage, so I don't know where that leaves 'defzombie') but
I don't have the time to implement it at the moment. Hopefully I'll have time
to revisit later for that & any changes needed on the patch.

Adam
a...@gomaa.us

File Attachments:

Date: Tue 07 Dec 2010 12:32:16 AM UTC  Name:
screen-2010-12-06-zombie-windows.patch  Size: 4kB   By: None

<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=22141>

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?31814>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/