Follow-up Comment #3, bug #67154 (group screen):

I think there's a bit of confusion in this bug. AFAIU, Enrico Scholz's issue
has mostly to do with the overhaul in v5 of the color and attribute
specification. Not only has the syntax changed, but most imortantly, the
ability to partially modify the rendering state (e.g. set the "bold" attribute
and keep the colors and other attributes) has been removed. In v5, as I
understand (and the manpage seems outdated about that in some places), if you
want to change anything, you have to set everything. Anything that's left
unset defaults to 0 (attributes are unset and colors are set to black). The
modifiers '+', '-', '!' and '=' are no longer supported. Standout mode is no
longer supported either (just forgotten?) and 'i' now means Italics instead of
just setting the brightness.

As far as I undrestand my own issue (originally reported on Debian's BTS), it
is only partially related to this new behavior. The relation is that given the
v5 handling of colors and attributes, I don't think it's possible for the
default rendition to emulate the v4 behavior. Although, I don't quite
understand how in screen v4 that particular rendering for "bell" windows is
produced with that caption line and the default rendition.

I attach 3 screenshots of the rendering of a bell in window 0 for screen v4,
screen v5.0.2 and the current git version bf51977.

Here are the caption lines I use for screen v4 and screen v5 respectively:
caption always "%{Yb} %Y-%02m-%02d %0c %{k}|%{C} %H %{k}|%{G} %l %{k}|%{W}
%L=%-Lw%{+u}%50>%n %t%{-u}%+Lw %-5=%?%E C-A %?"
caption always "%{11;4} %Y-%02m-%02d %0c %{0;4}|%{14;4} %H %{0;4}|%{10;4} %0`
%{0;4}|%{15;4} %L=%-Lw%{u ;4}%50>%n %t%{ }%+Lw %-05=%?%E %{15;4}C-A %?"

A fix for me is to make the bell rendition explicit:
rendition bell "b 12;7"

I think a similar syntax update would fix Enrico Scholz's issue as well.

(file #59040, file #59041, file #59042)

    _______________________________________________________

Additional Item Attachment:

Rendering of "bell" windows in various versions of screen.

Name: screen-v4-bell0.png            Size: 353o
    <https://file.savannah.gnu.org/file/screen-v4-bell0.png?file_id=59040>

Name: screen-v5-bell0.png            Size: 335o
    <https://file.savannah.gnu.org/file/screen-v5-bell0.png?file_id=59041>

Name: screen-v5-bf51977-bell0.png    Size: 357o

<https://file.savannah.gnu.org/file/screen-v5-bf51977-bell0.png?file_id=59042>


    AGPL NOTICE

These attachments are served by Savane. You can download the corresponding
source code of Savane at
https://savannah.gnu.org/source/savane-115117bf8159ea7e8986b9796f840ecf327addf3.tar.gz


    _______________________________________________________

Reply to this item at:

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?67154>

_______________________________________________
Message posté via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to