I've tracked down the issue and it's related to incorrect handling of 
zero-width combining characters. See 
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?68712 for details.

On Wed, Sep 23, 2026, at 8:42 AM, Kevin Hovsäter wrote:
> I recently switched from tmux to GNU screen and overall it's been a rather 
> nice experience. With that said, I'm running into an issue with vertical 
> splits. Whenever I use a vertical split and scroll some contents in one of 
> the region, the contents leak into the other split. Sometimes it not only 
> leaks into the other split, but the rendering corrupts the terminal 
> altogether and I'm forced to run C-a l to redraw the entire screen. Initially 
> I thought it was a single program that caused this issues but later I've seen 
> the same problem with just piping input to less, e.g., `git log | less`.
> 
> Have anyone else run into this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Reply via email to