Hello,

I think that is the only way using global variables if you want to use
inline assembly.

Better solution is writing time critical function in assembly and compile
source codes into object files and linking them.

There is some help in the sdcc manual how is it working and how can you
give parameters to assembly functions.

Regards,

  Zsolt