Also get other deps they are on the website.

Kartik Thakore

On 15-Aug-09, at 7:32 AM, Gabor Szabo <szab...@gmail.com> wrote:

After cloning from github I managed to un the PerlInvadors using the
SDL_Perl that came with Ubuntu 9.04.

Then I upgraded SDL_Perl to 2.2.0 via CPAN for which I first had to
install libsdl-dev.
Now when I try to run the PerlInvadors I get:

$ perl -Ilib bin/perl_invaders.pl

Use of inherited AUTOLOAD for non-method SDL::IMGLoad() is deprecated
at /home/gabor/perl5lib/lib/perl5/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/SDL/ Surface.pm
line 52.
Can't locate auto/SDL/IMGLoad.al in @INC ..... at
/home/gabor/perl5lib/lib/perl5/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/SDL/ Surface.pm
line 51

First I though the problem is in the new SDL_Perl but the strange
thing is that even if I rename the newly installed SDL
libraries (as they are in ~/perl5lib I can do that easily) the error
perists but then I get it at a different place:

at /usr/lib/perl5/SDL/Surface.pm line 29

So now I cannot use PerlInvadors :-(

Can this be caused by the installation of libsdl-dev?

Gabor