Alright, boys and girls, it's the moment you've been waiting for all
week: The SDL Perl Game Contest weekly showdown. Round. Three. FIGHT!!

* Bubble Breaker, by Tobias Leich (FROGGS)
Our german battletoad presents us with another masterpiece. Bubble
Breaker is a highly addictive puzzle game where you try to eliminate
the largest number of balls by matching groups of two or more balls
with the same color.

* Puzzle Cars, by JT Palmer (jtpalmer)
Speaking of puzzles, JT did a really nice job in his latest addition
to the Contest. Puzzle Cars is a game where you must click the arrows
to redirect the (sometimes intense!) traffic to their appropriate
destinations, according to car colour. It's an easy concept, but can
prove very challenging, and soon enough you'll find yourself storming
rapidly between arrows to achieve as many points as possible!

* Crossfire, by Kartik Thakore (kthakore)
This was a really busy week for Kartik, and he had to spend much of
his free time updating branches of the SDL Perl project and moving
around, so he wasn't able to finish his Crossfire clone just yet. But
so far it's looking really sharp, and we are anxious to see what he'll
make of it next week!

* Saving Sue, by... me (garu)
I wrote this Frogger clone as a birthday present for a good friend of
mine that has the terrible habit of crossing the street without
looking. I think the game turned out pretty cool and features some
nice graphics, music and sound effects. In fact, my friend liked it so
much she even recorded the audio samples!

As contestants dive into the last week of the SDL Perl Game Contest, I
get even more excited to see what they'll come up with. Will there be
new additions? Which games will be used as inspiration? Which will be
original? Where *is* that Carmen Sandiego chick after all?! That and
much more in our next - and last! - roundup of games!

Screenshots and download links can be found at the original blog post:
http://yapgh.blogspot.com/2011/03/sdl-perl-game-contest-week-3-roundup.html

See you next week =)

garu