On 7/10/2011 2:16 PM, Tobias Leich wrote:
I can build Alien::SDL, but too much tests are failing for SDL.

I tried a CPAN install but it failed because the
compiler could not produce a win32 binary.  The
cygwin gcc used to support a -mno-cygwin option
but that has been removed.  Now you need to either
use the cygwin gcc with its cygwin DLL dependencies
or you need to use the mingw compiler for native
win32 builds.

I'm sorry but I don't know further than that since
I've not come up to speed on the MinGW build stuff
yet.  However, it should be possible to have SDL
build for the X11 environment on cygwin as a default.
That doesn't work at the moment (is there a way
to "force" it?).

My goal would be to use a cygwin SDL that supports
the native win32 OpenGL platform so I would imagine
that the mingw compiler approach would be preferrable
for performance.  However, it would be nice if the
SDL on X11 worked out of the box as well---that
might be simpler to sort out: just use *real* unix
settings on cygwin instead of forcing win32.

There have been a couple of FAIL reports generated
for Alien::SDL by my attempts so far.  The key for
cygwin support seems to be don't blindly check both
win32 and x11 buildability---you'll get "yes" for
both which usually messes up the builds.  If you
allow a selection and then build appropriately
then things work and it is possible to provide
options for either (possibly even both but not
clear if that would be useful or helpful as a
use case).

Cheers,
Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----