On 2011-07-20, at 6:11 PM, "Sisyphus" <sisyph...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Hi Kartik,
>
> From where should I get the smpeg source ? (A tarball or a direct link would
> be handy :-)

 Hmm I had a url for this but I think we had trouble getting smpeg working on
vista. kmx can best help you here.

> I first tried freshmeat, but couldn't find a download link anywhere there ...
> then I googled up a page of ftp links which didn't seem to work.
> Finally I did an 'svn co' of the trunk at icculus, but 'autoreconf -i' gave
> some warnings and an error about the missing macro AM_PATH_SDL. It created a
> configure script anyway, so I did a './configure ...' just to see what would
> happen and it terminated with:
>
> ./configure: AC_TYPE_SOCKLEN_T: command not found
> ./configure: line 15446: syntax error near unexpected token
> `AM_PATH_SDL($SDL_VERSION,'
> ./configure: line 15446: `AM_PATH_SDL($SDL_VERSION,'
>
> I'm on MS Windows Vista64.

I am sure Alien::SDL should compile this stuff for you. Did you try to cpan it
an use the interactive menu to choose for smpeg?
Are you using cygwin, or dmake/strawberry perl, or activestate?

> The SDL_mixer library builds ok without smpeg, but I'd rather include smpeg
> support if that's possible.

For smpeg on windows, again kmx is your best bet. i will cc his email. FROGGS
may also be able to help.

> Also (unrelated to smpeg), do you know of any patched IMG_png.c (from the
> SDL_image library) that caters for libpng15 ?
Not sure have you seen the CHANGELOG that comes with SDL_image or gentoo/debian
patches?

> (No urgency with any of this, btw .... feel free to ignore.)
np

> Cheers,
> Rob.

kthakore