Le Wednesday 1 February 2012 10:40:43, Tobias Leich a écrit :
> It would help if I had a armhf virtual machine. How to get one?
> There is no armhf iso-image. Is armel the same?

armel is almost the same. armhf better uses CPU floating point HW.

One possibility is to get an arm hf image there:

 http://www.powerdeveloper.org/platforms/efikamx/linux

But this image contains a kernel for efika device.

You'll have to provide a separate kernel for a versatile board if you want to
run qemu:

http://people.debian.org/~aurel32/qemu/armel/

there's no problem mixing armel kernel with armhf userspace.

then run something like:

qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb -kernel ./vmlinuz-2.6.32-5-versatile -initrd
./initrd.img-2.6.32-5-versatile -hda ./efika-stuff.img -m 256 -append
"root=/dev/sda1 m=256M"

HTH

Dominique
--