heyas. =)

yeah, so what jane beat me home? could it be partly cuz she LIVES in
portland, and i had to drive to tacoma? hmmmm.... =P and hey, i should get
some kudos for doing a report at 4 am. (by the way, we left before they came
out).
so yeah, the show rocked. right up front for a change. i usually tend to
hang out closer to the back, but i just wanted to see what it was like from
up there. same openers as the eugene show. Juno just rocks. i liked em even
better this time. (OTS, they have a show in Seattle on the 6th of June with
some other bands, a benefit show of some sort...i don't remember where, but
their singer said it's advertised in the rocket, and they have a website you
can get to by going to the UBL and typing in Juno in the search field. i
recommend it highly.). anyways, back to SDRE.
played a more standard style set this time. that being...

in circles
pillars
guitar and video games
the blankets were the stairs
100 million
song about an angel*
every shining time you arrive*
the prophet
how it feels to be something on
roses in water
j'nuh

-encore-
rodeo jones
days were golden

*-on the setlist, they had these songs in reverse order. i think they played
"angel" first because something was wrong with joe's standard tuning bass.
he knocked it over during "blankets", and it wasn't in it's stand during
"angel"

so yeah. went back to playing in circles first, which i thought was cool. i
like it both ways, so it's all good with me. as Jane already aluded (sp?)
to, i met her and saw Agnes again at the show. it was a fun time. two down,
two to go (with a big =P to Agnes....gawd i'm mean....heh heh).
what else can i say about the show....my mind is empty right now cuz i'm so
freakin tired i think. oh yeah....there was this one guy who between every
single song kept yelling for them to play "what it's like", and one time
said "what it's like to be something on". after that one, dan said "you've
ALmost got it!" which got a laugh from the crowd. i found it humourous. i
mean, it's one thing to yell requests, even if they always stick to the
setlist, but at least get the freakin song title right, eh? *laughs*
okay, i'm gonna check out the rest of my mail then go to bed. hope you all
have great fridays. take care. =)

john

"sunshine go away
i don't want to play
come back again some other day
when i've got something beautiful to say
and stay awhile..."

                      -Christopher Simpson