I heard from Dawson (Dan's wife) that he decided not to play California out
of the blue one day, just a "I'm not going to play California for no reason
in particular!" type-thing. There's no cryptic meaning to it; she even went
through a list of all the rumors with me (the warrant thing was in the
there, Dan's mom had recently passed away/had died in Cali, injuries, fear,
dislike of the place, etc.) and she said there wasn't any reason, just
another thing to add to their quirkiness.

from Charlie Wagner | AOLIM=themadlord
np: A Perfect Circle, "Mer De Noms"
band = http://theoryband.tripod.com
reviews = http://scientificreviews.tripod.com/
"Music should punch through the small of your back, grab your spine, and
shake hello." - Pitchforkmedia.com