Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> Option one is to let qemu provide them, then both ovmf and seabios can
> grab them via fw_cfg.
>
> Option two is to use coreboot underneath

I don't think one should exclude the other, I think it would make
great sense to combine them. So have coreboot on QEMU read some
hardware description from QEMU and use that either as input to a
table generator, or even have the read data be the tables themselves.

It might or might not be easier and/or make more sense to generate
tables in coreboot rather than in QEMU - that's unclear so far.

> From the quick look it seems they do *not* generate the dsdt
> dynamically, only the other tables (simliar to seabios).  So
> switching to coreboot probably doesn't help to remove the dsdt
> patching code we have in seabios.

Is there something inherent to the AML generator code in coreboot
which makes it suck for the purpose of also generating a DSDT?

//Peter