Hello,

I was playing with coreboot + floppy and it seems the drive type can be read
from CMOS only if the machine is QEMU.

payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/src/hw/floppy.c

floppy_setup(void)
{
    if (CONFIG_QEMU) {
        u8 type = rtc_read(CMOS_FLOPPY_DRIVE_TYPE);
        if (type & 0xf0)
            addFloppy(0, type >> 4);
    } else {
        u8 type = romfile_loadint("etc/floppy0", 0);

Is it possible enable this function for a real coreboot target? What way is the
most acceptable way to do it (something like || CONFIG_USE_CMOS)?

I've forced it with "always true" condition and after adding configurations to
cmos table and superio in coreboot, I was able to boot msdos on kontron
986lcd-m board.

P.S. original message got stuck somewhere in the mailserver as I forgot to
subscribe to seabios mailing list.

Regards,
Petr