I¹d like to resurface this email thread.

not relabeled.
We use patches from SEAndroid 4.4.2 branch and verified that
selinux_android_restorecon_pkgdir()
is invoked. However, the call fails because inode_owner_or_capable()
returns false.

We believe that installd should have FOWNER capability so the function
inode_owner_or_capable() should return true.
Is our understanding correct? Do we need any patch to make it work?

Thanks,
Tai