On Jun 20, 2016 07:51, "William Roberts" <bill.c.robe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 20, 2016 01:24, "YongQin Liu" <yongqin....@linaro.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, William
> >
> > Sorry for late response, my laptop OS was crashed last Friday:(
> >
> > Thanks for your suggestion first, and some comments in line.
> > On 17 June 2016 at 07:50, William Roberts <bill.c.robe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> Typing this from my phone, might not be great. Dac override is
triggered when the process permissions don't match with the owner group and
mode of a file. Dan Walsh has info on it here:
http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/69478.html

> > I checked that, but still not find a good method to know which
file/operation caused that denials.

> >> I would try and add an auditallow statement(s) to find what file it's
accessing that might be causing this, and then adjust the dac permissions
accordingly.

> > After I added following rule:
> > auditallow logd self:capability dac_override;
>
> No I meant on file types, something like this:
> auditallow logd file_type:{file dir} *;
>
> I'm typing that from memory from a smart phone so it might not be 100%
correct. But you want to get it to show you what files it's accessing, you
already know about DAC override.

Also probably want to do fs_type on the target type as well since it might
be syscall or something like that.

> Additionally uou could enable the per auacall audti subsystem but its a
little bit of work in the kernel to do that.

Mangled, I meant per syscall audit system.

> > I got following message in console log:
> > [    7.076059] audit: type=1400 audit(10.759:3): avc:  denied  {
dac_override } for  pid=1734 comm="logd" capability=1  scontext=u:r:logd:s0
tcontext=u:r:logd:s0 tclass=capability permissive=1
> > [    7.093377] audit: type=1400 audit(10.775:4): avc:  granted  {
dac_override } for  pid=1734 comm="logd" capability=1  scontext=u:r:logd:s0
tcontext=u:r:logd:s0 tclass=capability
> > [    7.107007] (stk) :ldisc installation timeout
> > [    7.114174] (stk) :ldisc_install = 0
> > [    7.114176] audit: type=1400 audit(10.795:5): avc:  granted  {
dac_override } for  pid=1734 comm="logd" capability=1  scontext=u:r:logd:s0
tcontext=u:r:logd:s0 tclass=capability
> > [    7.149786] logd.auditd: start
> > [    7.152983] logd.klogd: 7110154165
> > [    7.193079] logd.auditd: policy loaded
> > [    7.199590] logd.auditd: integrity enforcement suppressed; not
rebooting

> > Seems no clue on which file caused that denials.
> >
> > Do you have any comments on the output above?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Yongqin Liu

following dac_override  avc denial on logd command:

 scontext=u:r:logd:s0 tcontext=u:r:logd:s0 tclass=capability permissive=1

dac_override denial on logd with that Nexus9 board.

http://source.android.com/security/selinux/device-policy.html#granting_the_dac_override_capability

seandroid-list-requ...@tycho.nsa.gov.