-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Stephen Smalley [mailto:s...@tycho.nsa.gov]
发送时间: 2016年9月27日 0:43
收件人: Weiyuan (David, Euler); William Roberts
抄送: seandroid-list@tycho.nsa.gov
主题: Re: A question about booting process with SELinux.

On 09/26/2016 12:23 PM, Weiyuan (David, Euler) wrote:
> Dear All:
>
>        I have a question that is when and how the root“/”and files in
> it are labeled?
>

> There are  "/ u:object_r:rootfs:s0" in file_contexts,  and  "genfscon
> rootfs / u:object_r:rootfs:s0" in genfs_contexts.
>
> My understanding is, First, kernel will load the initial_sid_contexts
> before init process do the selinux_initialize().
>
> Then when rootfs is mounted to “/”, kernel will label it with
> “u:object_r:labeledfs.
>
> And After init process do the selinux_initialize() to load sepolicy to
> kernel,  there will be a restorecon to “/”.
>

> Am I right?   If I am right, then when do this restorecon happen?

restorecon is only needed for /data or other filesystems that are updated at
runtime.  The rootfs is typically just unpacked from initramfs and all files
within it are assigned a default label based on the genfscon statement, unless
using a real ext4 root filesystem partition (in which case the inode xattrs
would be set when the filesystem image is generated, not when the system is
booting).