On 09/29/2016 02:46 PM, William Roberts wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 2:44 PM, Stephen Smalley <s...@tycho.nsa.gov> wrote:

>>> It's this or disabling that selinux via #define, which that source has
>>> HAVE_LIBSELINUX.
>>>
>>> But it would seem confusing IMHO to have a libselinux.so, so one would
>>> set HAVE_LIBSELINUX=1,
>>> and you're getting link errors.
>>
>> Maybe I don't understand.  Obviously it builds today with
>> external/libselinux without requiring this change.  Why do we need this now?
>>

> Richard Haines was doing further testing, and was building a different
> lunch target for the
> arm emulator and hit this issue. I have only tested x86_64 emulator.

No, I mean that this is not required in external/libselinux (the Android
fork) today.  So why is it needed here?  The Android fork builds
src/booleans.c for the target.  It doesn't hurt anything to leave the
code there.  The underlying kernel interface via selinuxfs still exists.
 There just won't be any booleans in the policy.