Do you know why the MMAC mechanisms proposed in SEAndroid weren't adopted?
I have also heard of something called "Intent firewall" that has not been
integrated to Android(as far as I know).

El jue., 13 oct. 2016 a las 10:00, Stephen Smalley (<>)

> On 10/13/2016 10:33 AM, Eduardo Aguirre wrote:
> > Could a policy in SEAndroid ensure confidentality and privacy?:
> >
> > Restrict emails to some domains, restrict messages from some contacts,
> > or even modify some rules when location changes?
> >
> > I think nothing like this has been implemented, but I also think that
> > SEAndroid could be used to do something like that (maybe some
> > modifications are needed?)
> The concepts you are describing would be implemented at the middleware
> or, in some cases, even the application layer.  While the SE for Android
> project did experiment with several middleware mandatory access control
> mechanisms (MMAC), none of those were ever adopted into the Android Open
> Source Project; only the SELinux support was.
Seandroid-list mailing list
To unsubscribe, send email to
To get help, send an email containing "help" to