I'm trying to extend aosp file_contexts by adding a new entry for
/data/system/ifw. I've created a file_contexts under my vendor directory
structure but if I try to use the new label, build crashes with unknown
type. I'm trying to enable a platform_app to write to data/system/ifw and
here is what I have so far:
file_contexts:
/data/system/ifw(/.*)?                       u:object_r:system_data_ifw:s0
platform_app.te:
allow platform_app system_data_ifw:file create_file_perms;

I also tried adding:
/data/system/ifw(/.*)?                       u:object_r:system_data_ifw:s0
to my device specific sepolicy but it still doesnt get picked up.

Am I taking the right approach?

--
I have only two questions: How much and give it to me.