Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Election update

2018-06-18 Thread Aris Merchant
I'm planning, absent a convincing argument about why this is a hideously bad idea, to withdraw. I've never really wanted the office, and I'm a bit uneasy about taking on more workload. At the time I joined, I was unaware of any candidacy except Rada's. Under those circumstances, I wanted to

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: [Treasuror] new layout with zombies separated - do you like it?

2018-06-18 Thread ATMunn
No, the conversation. Didn't even notice the formatting. On 6/18/2018 2:30 PM, Timon Walshe-Grey wrote: Do you mean the formatting? Yeah, my email client is doing something bizarre with the formatting of messages I quote in replies. I reported it to the developers; apparently they're aware of

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: [Treasuror] new layout with zombies separated - do you like it?

2018-06-18 Thread Kerim Aydin
oh haha I hadn't even been thinking of my balance. Yeah if that ratified it would be true to "intent" (at least on my side) and "fairness" (4 incs for 4 blots). On Mon, 18 Jun 2018, Timon Walshe-Grey wrote: > Yes, Corona's incense balance is correct now. But yours, G., was 33 in the > last

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: [Treasuror] new layout with zombies separated - do you like it?

2018-06-18 Thread Timon Walshe-Grey
Do you mean the formatting? Yeah, my email client is doing something bizarre with the formatting of messages I quote in replies. I reported it to the developers; apparently they're aware of it and working to fix it. Let me know if it's causing issues and I'll try to manually clean things up

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: [Treasuror] new layout with zombies separated - do you like it?

2018-06-18 Thread Timon Walshe-Grey
Yes, Corona's incense balance is correct now. But yours, G., was 33 in the last report, and is still 33, despite giving 2 incense to Corona. When I said it "effectively cancels out the six-incense-for-four-blots confusion", I meant that it would have the same effect as if you hadn't given

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: [Treasuror] new layout with zombies separated - do you like it?

2018-06-18 Thread Kerim Aydin
E had 20 incense in the last report. Indicated on transfers: - destroyed 3 to expunge 3 blots. - destroyed 6 to expunge 4 blots (questionable). - given 2 by G. Net, counting the questionable 6: 13 incense. On Mon, 18 Jun 2018, Timon Walshe-Grey wrote: > This time you gave yourself

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: [Treasuror] new layout with zombies separated - do you like it?

2018-06-18 Thread ATMunn
yeah uh - what exactly happened here On 6/18/2018 2:05 PM, Timon Walshe-Grey wrote: This time you gave yourself the 2 incense but didn't take it away from G. (I accept partial responsibility, since it would probably have been more helpful if I'd written "numbers" instead of "number" in my

DIS: Re: BUS: [Treasuror] new layout with zombies separated - do you like it?

2018-06-18 Thread Timon Walshe-Grey
This time you gave yourself the 2 incense but didn't take it away from G. (I accept partial responsibility, since it would probably have been more helpful if I'd written "numbers" instead of "number" in my CoE...) I'm not going to raise another formal CoE because this error effectively cancels

DIS: Re: BUS: [Treasuror] new layout with zombies separated - do you like it?

2018-06-18 Thread Kerim Aydin
> [Tue Jun 12 18:54:37] Corona destroyed 6 incense to expunge blots oh, did you want to let your 6 incense for 4 blots self-ratify - you'd mostly convinced me of your argument actually (that it all failed) but up to you.

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Election update

2018-06-18 Thread Kerim Aydin
On Mon, 18 Jun 2018, Alex Smith wrote: > On Mon, 2018-06-18 at 09:40 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote: > > Honestly the main reason I didn't run again is that checking for past > > reports is a pain even with timely ADoP reports at hand (and I didn't > > want to be haphazard either). > > This is the

Re: Fw: DIS: Re: BUS: Election update

2018-06-18 Thread ATMunn
You got it right. On 6/18/2018 1:13 PM, Timon Walshe-Grey wrote: "TTttPF"... I think I got that right? I'm not very good at this, am I. -twg ​​ ‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐ On June 18, 2018 5:12 PM, Timon Walshe-Grey wrote: ​​ I vote [twg, ATMunn, Corona] in the Treasuror election

DIS: Re: BUS: Election update

2018-06-18 Thread Timon Walshe-Grey
I vote [twg, ATMunn, Corona] in the Treasuror election and PRESENT in the Referee election. -twg ​ ‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐ On June 17, 2018 6:55 PM, Edward Murphy wrote: > ​​ > > I initiate an Agoran decision to select the winner of the Referee > > election. The vote collector is

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Election update

2018-06-18 Thread Alex Smith
On Mon, 2018-06-18 at 09:40 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote: > Honestly the main reason I didn't run again is that checking for past > reports is a pain even with timely ADoP reports at hand (and I didn't > want to be haphazard either). This is the main reason I quit Referee too (although checking for

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Election update

2018-06-18 Thread Kerim Aydin
Honestly the main reason I didn't run again is that checking for past reports is a pain even with timely ADoP reports at hand (and I didn't want to be haphazard either). In one of the old blotting systems, finger-pointing for specific crimes was the job of whomever tracked the records

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Election update

2018-06-18 Thread Aris Merchant
I very much liked your blotting policy. I can't say exactly how careful I'm going to be about checking for missing reports, so my policy may end up being more like o's in that regard. I maintain, however, that Corona's policies don't sound entirely unreasonable, and e probably has more time to

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Election update

2018-06-18 Thread Corona
False, what made you think that? Players are dissatisfied if reports are missed; oh yes, persons missing reports will be punished with atom-clock precision and a camel's perseverance. (and an impeachment will be attempted if the person fails to respond for long enough) ~Corona On Mon, Jun 18,

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Election update

2018-06-18 Thread Kerim Aydin
So to clarify, I shouldn't expect a consistent punishment if I miss a report? On Mon, 18 Jun 2018, Corona wrote: > Well, if it's YOU who's asking, then why, I'll blot in exactly the same way > as you! ;) > > Nah, I'll just consider the individual circumstances of each case and Eris' > mood

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Election update

2018-06-18 Thread Corona
Well, if it's YOU who's asking, then why, I'll blot in exactly the same way as you! ;) Nah, I'll just consider the individual circumstances of each case and Eris' mood when blotting, I don't really have any blanket policies. I will blot in such a way that maximizes the sum of satisfaction of the

Re: BUS: Re: DIS: Re: OFF: [Herald][Medal of Honour]

2018-06-18 Thread ATMunn
On 6/18/2018 10:38 AM, Corona wrote: I issue a humiliating public reminder to the following persons for not voting on the current Medals of Honour decision: Gaelan, G., Cuddle Beam, Trigon, Corona, VJ Rada, Kenyon, Ouri, twg, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus, omd, o, Quazie, pokes, 天火狐、Telnaior

DIS: Re: BUS: Election update

2018-06-18 Thread Kerim Aydin
Are any referee candidates willing to share their planned blotting policies? On Sun, 17 Jun 2018, Edward Murphy wrote: > I initiate an Agoran decision to select the winner of the Referee > election. The vote collector is the ADoP (me), the valid options are > Aris and Corona and V.J. Rada and

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: [Referee] Weekly Report

2018-06-18 Thread ATMunn
"I speak to the capitalists who continue to buy zombies, and to the most impoverished who don't have the money to." Best sentence in here. On 6/17/2018 6:07 PM, Reuben Staley wrote: I destroy 3 incense to expunge 3 blots from myself. My formal apology follows. Holding an office is potentially