DIS: Re: BUS: Re: OFF: [Arbitor] CFJ 3538 assigned to omd

2017-07-07 Thread Cuddle Beam
Damn that sounds so cool. I request all of the info you may give me regarding scams like those, I'd appreciate it so much. On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 6:40 PM, omd wrote: > > Yes. The rules don't exist in a bubble: they can pay attention to > whatever aspects of the 'real world'

Re: DIS: Two Related Protos: Judicial Expansion and Criminal Cases

2017-07-16 Thread Cuddle Beam
> I’m on the fence on this. Pledges and promises are mechanically interesting > and a subtle part of Agora’s texture. Quashing someone’s promises for a full > month seems extreme. I love Agoras Pledges. I won a a dynasty at BN and now running it with a "Pledge" theme (called "Promises".

Re: DIS: We actually have no Officeholders.

2017-07-09 Thread Cuddle Beam
rim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote: > > > On Sun, 9 Jul 2017, Ørjan Johansen wrote: > > On Sun, 9 Jul 2017, Cuddle Beam wrote: > > > > > Additionally, such a Ratification would've attempted to Ratify the > Ruleset > > > (as in, the whole Ruleset), at onc

Re: DIS: We actually have no Officeholders.

2017-07-09 Thread Cuddle Beam
't circumstances for > such a Ratification to actually be performed. > > > > On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus < > p.scribonius.scholasti...@googlemail.com> wrote: > > However, ratification would make it true and overrides the Rule Changes > ru

Re: DIS: We actually have no Officeholders.

2017-07-09 Thread Cuddle Beam
9, 2017 at 12:20 PM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus < p.scribonius.scholasti...@googlemail.com> wrote: > The ruleset has probably been ratified since Proposal 5111 resolving that > problem. > > Publius Scribonius Scholasticus > p.scribonius.scholasti...@gmail.com > >

Re: DIS: We actually have no Officeholders.

2017-07-09 Thread Cuddle Beam
; However, ratification would make it true and overrides the Rule Changes >> rule because with ratification it never changes anything, it makes things >> true instantaneously. >> >> Publius Scribonius Scholasticus >> p.scribonius.scholasti...@gmail.com >> >

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer finds The One

2017-07-10 Thread Cuddle Beam
I agree but while it would be true that it would "exist in some form"; it wouldn't exist as an "asset", and the rule refers to the existence of assets themselves, not abstract items in general. On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 6:46 AM, omd wrote: > On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 4:56 AM,

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer attempts a stick-up.

2017-07-10 Thread Cuddle Beam
...I totally understand why it could be be appropriate to card me for trying the stick-up, but @grok, I don't understand the card part of if I *fail* to deputize for Surveyor just yet. If the argument is that using a loophole to try to get the office is "bad", shouldn't I be carded *regardless* of

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer attempts a stick-up.

2017-07-10 Thread Cuddle Beam
worn thin. > > 天火狐 > > On 10 July 2017 at 12:17, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > >> Yes, they are definitely contradictory at times. I've mentioned before >> that I don't have any objective measure to decide what interpretation is >> best, so I just use one

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer attempts a stick-up.

2017-07-10 Thread Cuddle Beam
; >> I'd accept one or two peculiar interpretations from a single player as >> good faith, but you've purported many unlikely beliefs, and somehow they >> all favor your goals. >> >> Cut the bullshit out. >> >> On Jul 10, 2017 03:43, "Cuddle Beam" <

DIS: Re: BUS: grok, Attorney at Law

2017-07-10 Thread Cuddle Beam
"gAL" doesn't exist I believe (Nowhere in the Superintendent report: https://agoranomic.org/Superintendent/reports/week/next.txt , not in a-b either aside from here). Perhaps a leftover from editting it? On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 3:43 AM, grok (caleb vines) wrote: > I'm not

DIS: Re: BUS: CFJ 3532 judged TRUE

2017-07-08 Thread Cuddle Beam
"Ghost" Rulesets like the one we have now are disorientating. Proto: Merge Assesor and Rulekeepor, and have them publish the new ruleset once a proposal amending it is enacted. On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 10:56 PM, Aris Merchant < thoughtsoflifeandligh...@gmail.com> wrote: > Judge's arguments for

DIS: Idea Dump: RPG Proto, Joint Advertisement/Coordinating with Blognomic, More Thesis Ideas I really want to do

2017-07-08 Thread Cuddle Beam
I have a big problem of having too many ideas and not enough time to actually do all of them so just dumping all of my ideas here. Anyway: - RPG Proto (going off Kerim's idea): Dungeonkeepor Office, generates mobs, an amount of players need to fight it by announcement and surpass the power of

DIS: Trollmode Arbitor

2017-07-08 Thread Cuddle Beam
What would happen in the following case (and has it been tried before?) I'm Arbitor for example, and then CFJ "I've achieved victory and won every ribbon" and then assign it to myself and judge it as TRUE, for bogus reasons. I'd likely get that challenged and get carded, but what if I then CFJ

Re: DIS: Trollmode Arbitor

2017-07-08 Thread Cuddle Beam
, because someone else would have become the arbiter already OR the > referee issues their report and it self-ratifies. > > Publius Scribonius Scholasticus > p.scribonius.scholasti...@gmail.com > > > > > On Jul 8, 2017, at 7:24 AM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.c

Re: DIS: Trollmode Arbitor

2017-07-08 Thread Cuddle Beam
Ah, nvm, those are really hard to trollmode. "A public document defined by the rules as self-ratifying is ratified when it is continuously undoubted for one week." and such On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 1:30 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Ah, I see. I gu

Re: DIS: Trollmode Arbitor

2017-07-08 Thread Cuddle Beam
gt; Publius Scribonius Scholasticus > p.scribonius.scholasti...@gmail.com > > > > > On Jul 8, 2017, at 6:24 AM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > What would happen in the following case (and has it been tried before?) > > > > I'm Arbitor for e

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Payment

2017-07-18 Thread Cuddle Beam
ct me off-list if your pledge > follows the most obvious interpretation. This isn’t the email associated > with my Paypal account.) > > -o > > On Jul 18, 2017, at 2:15 AM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > > I present the following as gratuitous argumen

Re: DIS: Re: OFF: [Surveyor] [Probably] Weekly Report

2017-07-07 Thread Cuddle Beam
us Scholasticus > p.scribonius.scholasti...@gmail.com > > > > > On Jul 7, 2017, at 4:26 AM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > ... And if I am the Surveyor, then I publish that weekly report, because > in that case it would be my duty. > > > > Full credit to Owen Jacboson for writing it, though. > >

Re: Re: DIS: We actually have no Officeholders.

2017-07-09 Thread Cuddle Beam
I checked the proposal history. There has been a time where Switches had higher Power than Offices, making its switch not a switch, ergo, there have been no Officeholders since (Possibly?). Of course this would screw over a lot of things, would it be so, but everything we're doing wouldn't

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
* in front of that 'Judge' I'm writing horribly today lol, sorry. I used 'case' a bunch of times in that last sentence too, jesus. On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Maybe it's like that the CFJ is the CSI and the Referee is the traditiona

Re: DIS: humble agoran farmer doesn't break a pledge

2017-07-18 Thread Cuddle Beam
True, but are you *considering it to be broken*? If so, you actually can't do that. Considering it to be broken or not is regulated. On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 8:35 PM, Alex Smith <ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk> wrote: > On Tue, 2017-07-18 at 20:33 +0200, Cuddle Beam wrote: > >

Re: DIS: humble agoran farmer doesn't break a pledge

2017-07-18 Thread Cuddle Beam
> Publius Scribonius Scholasticus > p.scribonius.scholasti...@gmail.com > > > > > On Jul 18, 2017, at 3:20 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > Ah, oh well. No thoughtcrime then lol (would'be been bizarre but super > cool though).

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-18 Thread Cuddle Beam
I agree with that it's great to have Kerim add CFJs but I massively dislike that "greater players" argument for it. If anyone else much decorated than Kerim posted Kerim's CFJs in the same way, would that be wrong? For me, if Kerim (or anyone else) can contribute with CFJs which are fruitful,

Re: DIS: humble agoran farmer doesn't break a pledge

2017-07-18 Thread Cuddle Beam
ue, Jul 18, 2017 at 8:42 PM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus < p.scribonius.scholasti...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Where in the rules is this regulated? > > Publius Scribonius Scholasticus > p.scribonius.scholasti...@gmail.com > > > > > On Jul 18, 2017,

Re: DIS: humble agoran farmer doesn't break a pledge

2017-07-18 Thread Cuddle Beam
Ah, oh well. No thoughtcrime then lol (would'be been bizarre but super cool though). Just the original loophole then, I assume, because "legal consideration" is all it takes to dodge legal consequences. (No flaws in the "at the moment" argument? All cool?)

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-18 Thread Cuddle Beam
Anyone else could create that value, even if we don't know they're someone skilled in doing it. -> *Anyone else skillful enough could create that value, even if we don't know they're someone with that skill. On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 10:17 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrot

DIS: humble agoran farmer doesn't break a pledge

2017-07-18 Thread Cuddle Beam
Proto actions: - "I pledge to not post the string "ice cream" - "ice cream" - Shortly after that, post "I CFJ: "I've NOT broken my most recent pledge"" Gratuitous Arguments: - R7866 "A pledge may be considered broken *at the moment* the pledger engages in conduct proscribed by that pledge." -

DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-18 Thread Cuddle Beam
I present the following as a gratuitous argument to that CFJ, which is 16 characters in length and with the following SHA-1 hash: - 585b7880ef0394acb586274ba623ecd0232fbdc2 On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 9:05 PM, Kerim Aydin wrote: > > > I hereby pledge to perform as specified

Re: DIS: humble agoran farmer doesn't break a pledge

2017-07-18 Thread Cuddle Beam
) would succeed. Therefore, I believe that it is regulated. On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 9:48 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote: > > > > On Tue, 18 Jul 2017, Cuddle Beam wrote: > > Ah, oh well. No thoughtcrime then lol (would'be been bizarre but super > co

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer gives a win to everyone and then hopes to be given one too.

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
re/abstract though. On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 3:41 PM, Alex Smith <ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk> wrote: > On Thu, 2017-07-20 at 15:32 +0200, Cuddle Beam wrote: > > I don't force anyone to create tokens. I agree with that, with this > method, > > I can't make anyone give any

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
Maybe it's like that the CFJ is the CSI and the Referee is the traditional Judge that then takes the CSI's information to give verdict. CFJs also give word on interpretation though, and gratuitous argument/counterarguments is very similar to lawyers in court in from of that 'Judge'. It's also

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
Keeping the spirit of what Kerim intended, what if they used some bijective function instead? Perhaps use multiple ways of writing the same promise in regular language, hash all of those in different ways, and then claim to promise what all of those hashes have in common (there must be a better

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer gives a win to everyone and then hopes to be given one too.

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
impossible badge. Although in the badge case it was more of trying to create stuff that doesn't exist while this Trust Token thing is for things that does exist (in certain circumstances) and trying to use the breadth of "a X" to access it. On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Cuddle Beam &

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer gives a win to everyone and then hopes to be given one too.

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
oken"). On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 3:27 PM, Nicholas Evans <nich...@gmail.com> wrote: > But nobody else created them. You're only claiming they did. I point my > finger at CB for violation of No Faking. E can't possibly believe e can > force otger players to create tokens. >

Re: DIS: humble agoran farmer doesn't break a pledge

2017-07-18 Thread Cuddle Beam
be I'm missing the issue? > > On Tue, 18 Jul 2017, Cuddle Beam wrote: > > Yes I agree with that, but due to that, it still describes a success > case. With this example I hope its more clear: > > > > Imagine we didn't have R7866 as it is now., and I post: > > > &

Re: DIS: Can unregulated actions cause changes to the gamestate?

2017-07-19 Thread Cuddle Beam
Nvm regulations got amended aeqieqorqiqjeqejwe Annoying to not have the Ruleset be always fresh lol. On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Aah. OK. Then the withdrawing thing must've been for something else. > Got that mixed up. (

Re: DIS: Can unregulated actions cause changes to the gamestate?

2017-07-19 Thread Cuddle Beam
poem on a-d, I will pay them 4 shinies") can actually cause the change of them going from unbroken to broken. On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote: > > > > On Wed, 19 Jul 2017, Cuddle Beam wrote: > > There is no description of

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-18 Thread Cuddle Beam
Yes, that's also what I dislike lol."Content of the game action" thing. If someone entirely anonymous posted Kerim's action and I consider it interesting (even better if others consider it interesting), I'd contribute with my fraction to "game custom" with that I consider that it should be

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
A698847547 D32D8EB2A9D3117E81D52C2BCEB3AC550F96D8D3631F5AA535ACD1CFC5209FAB A6C1AA3D9113EC2B9E2D3EEB0FBD530B58727EC43B7D7B9EF998464030EE41B5 On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > Sent. > > ...Now I brace myself. > > On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 12:07 PM,

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
onius Scholasticus > p.scribonius.scholasti...@gmail.com > > > > > On Jul 20, 2017, at 2:01 AM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > I'm piggybacking on Kerim's arguments/reasoning because I'd like to know > if encryption (and eventually public asymmetric infor

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
hich could be valuable in certain cases). But if the argument thing for CFJs are unregulated, then not much I can really do from there lol. Oh well. On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 6:51 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote: > > > On Thu, 20 Jul 2017, Cuddle Beam wrote: > > I'm pi

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer gives a win to everyone and then hopes to be given one too.

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
u disagree with?) but defending a position: https://i.gyazo.com/100225cef8b9829cccf2955ec5eb52df.png (I assume that Trust Tokens are created when issued.) On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Nicholas Evans <nich...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > On Jul 20, 2017 09:17, "Cuddle Beam

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer gives a win to everyone and then hopes to be given one too.

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
licit "yes, you can specify it" in order for us to be able to actually specify it.) On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 5:21 PM, Nicholas Evans <nich...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > >> If we don't specify t

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer gives a win to everyone and then hopes to be given one too.

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
this (which I believe will be solved soon once the economy proposal gets settled). On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 3:36 PM, grok (caleb vines) <grokag...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 8:33 AM, Alex Smith <ais...@alumni.bham.ac.uk> > wrote: > > On Thu, 2017-07-20 at 15:24

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
ouncement of intent to perform the action" too? Basically anything "public" but that isn't explicitly grounded in the usual defenses. Like "Public Document" in a couple other rules. On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 7:32 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote: > &g

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer gives a win to everyone and then hopes to be given one too.

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
(However when you create a certain X, it then needs to meet requisites to actually spawn, if there are any. I'm assuming that, like with ballots, if its "a thing" without any requisites, it can be any) On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote

Re: DIS: [Proto] Vexity (was Re: humble agoran farmer attempts a stick-up.)

2017-07-19 Thread Cuddle Beam
I'd have Vexity be just boolean, if implemented. Less paperwork. Either you've gone above tolerance and are a Vex, or not. I feel that needing to rally people each time for an increase or something could be as similarly annoying as the vexity itself. (In vaccum it would ideal though, its just

Re: DIS: Can unregulated actions cause changes to the gamestate?

2017-07-19 Thread Cuddle Beam
than promises being in the state of being broken or not. On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 8:45 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote: > > > On Wed, 19 Jul 2017, Cuddle Beam wrote: > > Are promises gamestate? Are their status of being broken or not, > gamestate? If so, then no > &

DIS: Can unregulated actions cause changes to the gamestate?

2017-07-19 Thread Cuddle Beam
This is a bit of a tangent on this discussion here: http://www.mail-archive.com/agora-discussion@agoranomic.org/msg36920.html , which looks very solid except for the part of "at the moment", which likely makes the flaw not a flaw (because of the use of language). Anyway, if the following is true,

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
...I also missed all of those other uses of "Public", sorry. Ctrl+F isn't useful to browse the ruleset when it's so large and there are so many references to a single term. On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 9:01 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > >But so far a good

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
com> wrote: > On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 2:06 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > > ...I also missed all of those other uses of "Public", sorry. Ctrl+F isn't > > useful to browse the ruleset when it's so large and there are so many > > references to a sing

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
>First, you've *nearly* found ONE INTERNAL SCAM humble agoran bloodhoun...-puppy at your service. On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 9:30 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote: > > > On Thu, 20 Jul 2017, Cuddle Beam wrote: > > I disagree with that Public is explicitly

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: public private contracts

2017-07-20 Thread Cuddle Beam
On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 8:33 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote: > > > > On Thu, 20 Jul 2017, Cuddle Beam wrote: > > I feel like a lot of the shielding is going to be invisible meta-rules > ("public means > > that it needs to be sent to the

Re: DIS: Can unregulated actions cause changes to the gamestate?

2017-07-19 Thread Cuddle Beam
<nich...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 07/19/17 15:07, Cuddle Beam wrote: > > Related to the Ruleset being outdated and needing a Rulekeepor and that > driving me mad lol, If I get the chance to go code it, I'll definitely try > to make a thing like this: &g

Re: Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer holds auctions

2017-07-01 Thread Cuddle Beam
>Where does a rule exist that allows _you_ to put an Estate up for auction? In my opinion, nowhere lol, neither for the Surveyor either. Excluding doing it as an unregulated action, I don't see them being able to do it either. But whether the scam works or not depends really on where I'll get to

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer holds auctions

2017-07-02 Thread Cuddle Beam
in the universe aren't Regulated and that it's possible to do Auctions as unregulated actions). On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 1:46 PM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus < p.scribonius.scholasti...@googlemail.com> wrote: > This is regulated because it enables the action by causing auctions t

DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer gets ribbons and holds auctions

2017-07-04 Thread Cuddle Beam
(Correction: I registered on the 20th of May) On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 3:07 PM, CuddleBeam wrote: > I award myself a White Ribbon (I've been registered for more than 30 days. > I registered on the 30th of May). > > I deputize for the role of Surveyor and put Cagliostro

DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer gets ribbons and holds auctions

2017-07-04 Thread Cuddle Beam
l 4, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > (Correction: I registered on the 20th of May) > > On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 3:07 PM, CuddleBeam <cuddleb...@googlemail.com> > wrote: > >> I award myself a White Ribbon (I've been registered for more than

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer gets ribbons and holds auctions

2017-07-04 Thread Cuddle Beam
I should double-check my stuff more, really. I regretfully mess up with simple stuff like this more often than the average nomicker because while I consider myself sometimes to be absolutely brilliant - I'm fucking clumsy. Storytime: I was about to win a Dynasty of Blognomic with a scam (with

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Complete Shiny Economy Overhaul

2017-07-02 Thread Cuddle Beam
"A player SHOULD perform an action as an assisted action only if that player is new to Agora (and thus has not yet had much of a chance to earn shinies), or if that action has only trivial consequences, or if that action is intended to be beneficial to Agora as a whole." I'm wary of codified

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer gets ribbons and holds auctions

2017-07-06 Thread Cuddle Beam
I agree but wouldn't it be well past 7 days after last month's "start of the month" (June, not the current month, July)? On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Aris Merchant < thoughtsoflifeandligh...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 11:23 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@g

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: humble agoran farmer gets ribbons and holds auctions

2017-07-06 Thread Cuddle Beam
I actually attempted to deputize you for *last months* negligence as well, because "At the start of each month, if Agora owns at least one Estate, the Surveyor shall put one Estate which is owned by Agora up for auction, by announcement." is still true 'at the start of the month' even if you've

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: [CFJ] Surveyor

2017-07-06 Thread Cuddle Beam
This is a bit of a mess I've caused to him really, lol. I'll help tidy it up a bit so that things are more clear: Gratuitous argument for that CFJ: There has been a bit of tumbling, but with people's input, the most recent version of my scam goes like this: ▪ In R2491 we have: "At the start of

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: [CFJ] Surveyor

2017-07-06 Thread Cuddle Beam
M, Nicholas Evans <nich...@gmail.com> wrote: > You never depitized. You have to announce intent to depitize for occupied > offices. > > On Jul 6, 2017 06:11, "Cuddle Beam" <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > >> This is a bit of a mess I've caused

DIS: Re: BUS: Re: OFF: CFJ 3537 assigned to V.J. Rada

2017-07-05 Thread Cuddle Beam
I motion to reconsider. Whether the winning bid can actually make a transfer or not shouldn't affect if there is actually an *auction* or not in the first place, I believe. On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 11:14 AM, V.J Rada wrote: > I'm judging this FALSE. GASP! Surprise rocks the

DIS: Re: BUS: Re: OFF: CFJ 3537 assigned to V.J. Rada

2017-07-05 Thread Cuddle Beam
highest > bidder.". A sale cannot exist unless the property is actually > given to the winner of the auction. I have already explained that > this cannot happen. Therefore, an auction has not been called > here. > > >> On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 5:34 PM, Cuddle Beam

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: [CFJ] Surveyor

2017-07-06 Thread Cuddle Beam
ul 6, 2017 at 6:11 PM, grok (caleb vines) <grokag...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 6:11 AM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > > This is a bit of a mess I've caused to him really, lol. I'll help tidy > it up > > a bit so that things are more clea

DIS: Re: BUS: Re: OFF: CFJ 3537 assigned to V.J. Rada

2017-07-05 Thread Cuddle Beam
so. You can > now intend to, with two support, enter the judgement > into Moot, which will trigger a vote. > >> On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 7:26 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: >> I intend to motion to reconsider based on "Whether the winning bid

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Re: OFF: CFJ 3537 assigned to V.J. Rada

2017-07-05 Thread Cuddle Beam
ty are sold to the highest > bidder.". A sale cannot exist unless the property is actually > given to the winner of the auction. I have already explained that > this cannot happen. Therefore, an auction has not been called > here. > > This was the message I sent. If it di

Re: DIS: [Proto] The Lint Screen

2017-09-11 Thread Cuddle Beam
I personally prefer to not have a lint screen. It makes passing proposals more tedious and we have protosals anyway. I dont think it would solve the issue where people are just silent about ruletext problems, because people could just be silent in that new context again imo. However, I DO like

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Re: Severe email problems

2017-09-11 Thread Cuddle Beam
I'm not getting Ais's messages either On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 2:38 AM, Nic Evans wrote: > I'm willing to judge, though my current situation makes timeliness a > consideration, so probably try to give me less time-sensitive CFJs? > > > On 09/11/17 19:13, Kerim Aydin wrote: > >

Re: DIS: [Proto] The Lint Screen

2017-09-11 Thread Cuddle Beam
While I don't like it, if done, I suggest adding a shiny payment for doing Linting. Makes it easier to find supporter for doing the task and I feel like a chore like that should be rewarded anyways. On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 2:20 AM, Kerim Aydin wrote: > > > Support

DIS: Re: BUS: [Proposal] Basic Guaranteed Income

2017-09-13 Thread Cuddle Beam
I enjoy the basic idea but Im very much against removing Action Points because of how it guarantees gameplay - you've got two CFJs/Proposals per week, and if you dont spend those during the week, you lose them forever, so it's better to use them. That results in people being inclined to use them

Re: DIS: a relief valve

2017-09-13 Thread Cuddle Beam
I suggest Karma rubber-banding of some sort so that Karma just doesn't continuously drift upwards. Otherwise we may have for example: [Current Date]: Newcomer arrives with 0 Karma, General populace has an average of 20 Karma. [Current Date + 2 months]: Newcomer arrives with 0 Karma, General

DIS: Re: BUS: Re: Agora Sky News, vol. ½

2017-09-13 Thread Cuddle Beam
Worked well for me too On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 9:10 PM, Josh T wrote: > I mostly didn't expect that my editor uses different sized tabs compared > to my client after it gets sent. I'll need to change to space-tabulated > manual spacing for next issue. > > @Aris Thank

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: CFJ 3557 judged FALSE

2017-09-15 Thread Cuddle Beam
>about why exactly I shouldn't just rule that CAN (or SHALL) implies "by announcement" whenever it makes sense. I think it might be good to have a rule which states the metaphysics of action on Agora lol (this relates to the telepathy problem too actually.) Proto: Whenever you CAN perform an

DIS: Re: Anti-Treasuror Omnipotence

2017-09-15 Thread Cuddle Beam
"Omnipotence" is a bit much as a word lol, but yeah, the Treasuror (o) would have control over Agora's Shiny Balance and whatnot. On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 9:46 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > I create the following proposal and pend it with AP: > > --

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: CFJ 3557 judged FALSE

2017-09-15 Thread Cuddle Beam
change - it's just linguistics (in a "coding" kind of sense) in the end anyway. On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 7:06 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote: > > > On Fri, 15 Sep 2017, Cuddle Beam wrote: > > >about why exactly I shouldn't just rule that CAN (or

DIS: Re: OFF: [Regkeepor] ACORN

2017-09-16 Thread Cuddle Beam
Whats the regkeepor for? Its not too clear for me :S El El sáb, 16 sept 2017 a las 9:00, Aris Merchant < thoughtsoflifeandligh...@gmail.com> escribió: > The ACORN (Agora Nomic Code of Regulations) > > == > TITLE 0 > Contains no

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: QAZ is out

2017-09-19 Thread Cuddle Beam
ly exists. However, I don't > think it would be particularly sporting to use it if it did, so I'm > not going to say anything more than that. > > -Aris > > On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > > For the sport of it, would there be a way

DIS: Re: BUS: QAZ is out

2017-09-19 Thread Cuddle Beam
For the sport of it, would there be a way to prevent this? On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Quazie wrote: > I intend to revoke QAZ in 24 hours. >

Re: DIS: Re: OFF: [ADoP] Resolving Election: o. is the agronomist!

2017-09-23 Thread Cuddle Beam
Im of the opinion that lowercase "may" is still alright because its not modified like "MAY". On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 at 15:40, Owen Jacobson wrote: > > > On Sep 20, 2017, at 9:03 PM, VJ Rada wrote: > > > > I resolve the Agoran decision for the determination of

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Atm

2017-09-22 Thread Cuddle Beam
(not really slang but like non-explicit language in general : P ) On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 5:43 AM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > It feels a bit like a game of Limbo with slang lol. How slang can you go!- > before it becomes non-gamestate. > > On Sat, Sep 23, 201

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Atm

2017-09-22 Thread Cuddle Beam
It feels a bit like a game of Limbo with slang lol. How slang can you go!- before it becomes non-gamestate. On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 4:30 AM, Owen Jacobson wrote: > I’ve accounted for it as one, on the premise that “insert” is a fairly > obvious synonym for “give” in this

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Registering

2017-09-22 Thread Cuddle Beam
>Total Annihilation OH BABY THIS GAME WAS THE J A M when I was a wee little kid lol. holy shit. Such nostalgia. On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 6:27 AM, Owen Jacobson wrote: > > On Sep 22, 2017, at 11:45 PM, Nic Evans wrote: > > As for the gerontocracy

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Registering

2017-09-22 Thread Cuddle Beam
is actually pretty superb af). On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 4:40 AM, Owen Jacobson <o...@grimoire.ca> wrote: > > > On Sep 22, 2017, at 10:35 PM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > > >but would you consider supporting one that shrinks welcome packages?

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: [Proposal] Make Your Home Shine

2017-09-22 Thread Cuddle Beam
>I’m not, at least for the present. Agora cannot receive cards, and in any case, carding Agora has no ludic effect, platonic OR pragmatic. Agora would need to be a person too. (because "The person to whom the Card

DIS: Re: BUS: Player Re-registration

2017-09-23 Thread Cuddle Beam
Welcome back! On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 at 20:42, Jack Henahan wrote: > According to the Registrar's report, I was deregistered at some point. I > hereby reregister myself as a player, or register as a new player in the > event that "reregistration" is ILLEGAL or IMPOSSIBLE. >

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Frivolous but harmless scam attempt of the week: MOTION OF NO CONFIDENCE

2017-09-23 Thread Cuddle Beam
Imo its pretty subjective because it's not standardized as other stuff. I find it just as reasonable for them to count as not. Maybe we could make a rule/sentence on what constitutes a valid message to a-b. On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 at 22:00, Kerim Aydin wrote: > > > On Sat,

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Frivolous but harmless scam attempt of the week

2017-09-23 Thread Cuddle Beam
If Gaelan has missed out at least one "I object", a win for VJ will slip through the cracks. On Sat, 23 Sep 2017 at 23:34, Kerim Aydin wrote: > > > On Sat, 23 Sep 2017, Owen Jacobson wrote: > > > On Sep 23, 2017, at 5:06 PM, Kerim Aydin > wrote:

Re: DIS: Economy and Games

2017-09-23 Thread Cuddle Beam
I think a good way to analyze the game design is to guess in how much time the average player (eith average activeness and skill) will achieve a win (or dictatorship) given their join date. If its not the same (or very similar) for someone who was around at the start than someone who joins later,

Re: DIS: Economy and Games

2017-09-23 Thread Cuddle Beam
gt; 1. How fast should a brand new player be able to catch up with an old >> player; >> > >> > 2. How much consistent advantage should an officer have over a >> non-officer. >> > >> > It's confounded because most old players are officers, but given

Re: DIS: Card limits

2017-09-23 Thread Cuddle Beam
Without objection is too easy to sidestep On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 12:00 AM, Aris Merchant < thoughtsoflifeandligh...@gmail.com> wrote: > > On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 2:51 PM Owen Jacobson wrote: > >> The penalty card limits set out in rules 2478 (“Vigilante Justice”) and >> 2479

Re: DIS: Economy and Games

2017-09-23 Thread Cuddle Beam
What fatal mistakes can a new player make? On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 1:52 AM, Nic Evans <nich...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 09/23/2017 06:38 PM, Alex Smith wrote: > >> On Sun, 2017-09-24 at 01:30 +0200, Cuddle Beam wrote: >> >>> Btw Agoran Geronotocracy has been

Re: DIS: New player, just registered

2017-09-21 Thread Cuddle Beam
Welcome Atmunn! On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 3:35 PM, ATMunn . wrote: > Hey! I'm ATMunn. > I discovered Agora a little while back, and just decided it sounded > interesting, so I joined. > > I've seen some of the messages that have been so far, and honestly I have > no idea

Re: DIS: Re: BUS: Re: OFF: [Arbitor] CFJ 3559 assigned to o

2017-09-21 Thread Cuddle Beam
I could write an Agency with that same thing + output, for example, something like: ---*--- Any agent may take 1 shiny from Cuddlebeam and the following clause has no effect. Any agent may take 2 shiny from Cuddlebeam and the previous clause has no effect. ---*--- Then summon a CFJ for if

Re: DIS: New player, just registered

2017-09-21 Thread Cuddle Beam
Maybe we could switch to Slack/Discord. On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Publius Scribonius Scholasticus < p.scribonius.scholasti...@googlemail.com> wrote: > When I am on my computer, I am normally logged in, but while I am on, I > have seen little activity. > > Publius Scribonius

Re: DIS: a relief valve

2017-09-13 Thread Cuddle Beam
On a related note for thematics, the Shogun was a warlord who was in power because of military-into-political might, not really because of honor or anything. The "formal" ruler was the Emperor but he kinda didn't do anything. The Shogun was the real person in control. On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 9:58

DIS: Re: BUS: [Proposal] Guaranteed Stamp Income

2017-09-13 Thread Cuddle Beam
Stamp income instead of shinies is actually a pretty good idea. I wonder if Stamps become the de facto coin instead of shinies, though, although that might actually be a good thing if a shiny monopoly ever happens (disregard shinies, do business with Stamps instead so that the game can continue

  1   2   3   4   5   6   >