[this newsletter is available online at https://s.apache.org/a97rx ]
Happy Friday! Let's take a look at what the Apache community has been
up to over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the
corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 July 2020. Board calendar and minutes
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing
Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps
the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.72%. Performance checks across
50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in
data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 902 Apache contributors changed
5,499,342 lines of code over 3,942 commits. Top 5 contributors, in
order, are: Chunen Ni, Sebastian Bazley, Rupeng Wang, Gary Gregory,
and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Cloud Computing --
- Apache Libcloud 3.1.0 released http://libcloud.apache.org/
- Apache HttpComponents Client 5.0.1 GA released https://hc.apache.org/
- Apache Traffic Control 4.1.0 released https://trafficcontrol.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can NEW: meet Apache APISIX (Incubating),
catch up with Apache CloudStack, see what’s next with Apache HBaseas
the project celebrates its 10th Anniversary, and more? Only on
Feathercast --the voice of the ASF https://feathercast.apache.org
- Did you know that Tencent uses Apache Pulsar to process tens of
billions of dollars in financial transactions each day?
- Did you know that Apache Cordova has a major release for iOS?
Apache Community Notices
- "Trillions and Trillions Served" – the feature documentary on the
ASF filmed onsite at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin in 2019
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19
Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source
- Apache Month In Review: May 2020 – overview of events that have
taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/May2020
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020
(November 2019 - January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
- "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF, is in
post-production. Catch the teaser at
https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions and "Apache Everywhere", the first
"Trillions" "short" filmed onsite at ApacheCon Las Vegas and Berlin
this past year https://youtu.be/nXtIti9jMFI
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August - October 2019)
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF
- Foundation Reports and Statements
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why
the ASF "just works".
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF
infrastructure team --meet Drew Foulks
- Did you know that Airflow Summit 2020 will be held 6-17 July online?
- Did you know that Beam Summit 2020 will be held 24-28 August online
and free of charge? https://beamsummit.org/
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on
Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account
- Find out how you can participate with Apache
community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache Camel,
Apache HTTP Server, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our
"Powered By" logos
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail
to announce-subscr...@apache.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a
broader spectrum from the Apache community,
https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project
activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF