[basex-talk] repeatedly full-text marking the same text node

2020-05-08 Thread Graydon Saunders
Hello -- Is there some way to iterate full-text matches to mark up in the node every found member of a sequence of phrases? I have a use case where I have a long list of phrases which may appear in the content set; if they do appear in the content set, these should be marked. The order of the

Re: [basex-talk] Storing xml message

2020-05-08 Thread Ramzi Hammouda
Thanks for the reply, I tried using the function fn:parse-xml, I had success with using it in BaseX GUI like this: let $message := fn:parse-xml('CTN55') return insert nodes $message as last into doc("calastone/calastone.xml") But when I tried to do the same with POST API method from my

[basex-talk] Directory and files are neither a file or a directory on Basex 9.3.2 when read from Docker volume

2020-05-08 Thread France Baril
Hi, Here is my issue. I create a new container with Basex 9.3.2 I add a volume ContentDBs under my basex directory ContentDBs has 2 directories and 1 files I run this code from an xqm: let $src-dir-items := file:list('ContentDBs') let $debug := file:append('debug-a.xml', 'count: ' ||

Re: [basex-talk] Performance loss between version 9.2.4 and 9.3.2 when executing specific xQuery

2020-05-08 Thread BIRKNER Michael
Ahh, good old MAB2 :-) ... but it was as complex as Marc21. Thank you again for your tests and information. I will test that again with my setup and let you know if I see any differences between your query and my query and what could lead to the performance loss. But probably I will not be

Re: [basex-talk] Performance loss between version 9.2.4 and 9.3.2 when executing specific xQuery

2020-05-08 Thread Christian Grün
And I’m always delighted to be confronted with library use case. BaseX grew up with library data; at that time, mostly XML variants of MAB2. I made another intent to reproduce your setting by creating two databases with MARCXML data (rather small, 10.000 and 10 documents each). This is the query

Re: [basex-talk] Performance loss between version 9.2.4 and 9.3.2 when executing specific xQuery

2020-05-08 Thread Marco Lettere
And even more curiously, we are also working in this very same time on handling fetches from OAI-PMH sources! :-D M. On 08/05/20 13:37, Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex wrote: Just saying that I find it sooo interesting to learn at which places and for which purposes BaseX is being employed. Have a

Re: [basex-talk] Performance loss between version 9.2.4 and 9.3.2 when executing specific xQuery

2020-05-08 Thread Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex
Just saying that I find it sooo interesting to learn at which places and for which purposes BaseX is being employed. Have a nice weekend! On 08.05.2020 13:31, BIRKNER Michael wrote: Hi Christian, thank you for your answers. As you can guess the queries I sent in my original email are just

Re: [basex-talk] Performance loss between version 9.2.4 and 9.3.2 when executing specific xQuery

2020-05-08 Thread BIRKNER Michael
Hi Christian, thank you for your answers. As you can guess the queries I sent in my original email are just simplified examples. The real XML structure is like the following (its library data in format "MarcXML", here you see an example:

Re: [basex-talk] Performance loss between version 9.2.4 and 9.3.2 when executing specific xQuery

2020-05-08 Thread Christian Grün
I tried to reproduce your use case by creating some sample data (with a few millions of entries), but both the query plan and the performance were similar in 9.2.4 and the current 9.3.3 beta version. And I am still trying to understand your example query. Is it correct that the attribute of your

Re: [basex-talk] Performance loss between version 9.2.4 and 9.3.2 when executing specific xQuery

2020-05-08 Thread Christian Grün
Thanks, Michael, for the valuable observation. It might be that another newly integrated optimization proves to be detrimental to your existing query. I’ll try to find the culprit. Just a minor question: In db2, a single document seems to be stored. Does this mean that only one record is assigned

[basex-talk] Performance loss between version 9.2.4 and 9.3.2 when executing specific xQuery

2020-05-08 Thread BIRKNER Michael
Hi, I am observing a performance loss between BaseX versions 9.2.4 (which I was using so far) and 9.3.2 (to which I updated recently) when executing an xQuery like this: --- (: Open 2 databases and get all s :) let $recsFromDb1 := db:open('db1')/record let $recsFromDb2 :=