Bitcoin Core version 0.9.2rc1 is now available from:
This is a release candidate for a new minor version release, bringing
mostly bug fixes and some minor improvements.
Release candidates are wide-scale testing releases, so use with care.
Non-technical users may want to wait until 0.9.2 final.
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at github:
Upgrading and downgrading
How to Upgrade
If you are running an older version, shut it down. Wait until it has completely
shut down (which might take a few minutes for older versions), then run the
installer (on Windows) or just copy over /Applications/Bitcoin-Qt (on Mac) or
bitcoind/bitcoin-qt (on Linux).
If you are upgrading from version 0.7.2 or earlier, the first time you run
0.9.0 your blockchain files will be re-indexed, which will take anywhere from
30 minutes to several hours, depending on the speed of your machine.
The 'chainstate' for this release is not always compatible with previous
releases, so if you run 0.9.x and then decide to switch back to a
0.8.x release you might get a blockchain validation error when starting the
old release (due to 'pruned outputs' being omitted from the index of
unspent transaction outputs).
Running the old release with the -reindex option will rebuild the chainstate
data structures and correct the problem.
Also, the first time you run a 0.8.x release on a 0.9 wallet it will rescan
the blockchain for missing spent coins, which will take a long time (tens
of minutes on a typical machine).
Gitian OSX build
The deterministic build system that was already used for Windows and Linux
builds is now used for OSX as well. Although the resulting executables have
been tested quite a bit, there could be possible regressions. Be sure to report
these on the Github bug tracker mentioned above.
Compatibility of Linux build
For Linux we now build against Qt 4.6, and filter the symbols for
libstdc++ and glibc.
This brings back compatibility with
- Debian 6+ / Tails
- Ubuntu 10.04
- CentOS 6.5
0.9.2 Release notes
- Add `getwalletinfo`, `getblockchaininfo` and `getnetworkinfo` calls
(will replace hodge-podge `getinfo` at some point)
- Add a `relayfee` field to `getnetworkinfo`
- Fix RPC related shutdown hangs and leaks
- Always show syncnode in `getpeerinfo`
- `sendrawtransaction`: report the reject code and reason, and make it
possible to re-send transactions that are already in the mempool
- `getmininginfo` show right genproclimit
- Fix `-printblocktree` output
- Show error message if ReadConfigFile fails
Block-chain handling and storage:
- Fix for GetBlockValue() after block 13,440,000 (BIP42)
- Upgrade leveldb to 1.17
Protocol and network code:
- Per-peer block download tracking and stalled download detection
- Add new DNS seed from bitnodes.io
- Prevent socket leak in ThreadSocketHandler and correct some proxy
related socket leaks
- Make GetAvailableCredit run GetHash() only once per transaction
- Lower paytxfee warning threshold from 0.25 BTC to 0.01 BTC
- Fix importwallet nTimeFirstKey (trigger necessary rescans)
- Log BerkeleyDB version at startup
- Add OSX build descriptors to gitian
- Fix explicit --disable-qt-dbus
- Don't require db_cxx.h when compiling with wallet disabled and GUI enabled
- Improve missing boost error reporting
- Upgrade miniupnpc version to 1.9
- gitian-linux: --enable-glibc-back-compat for binary compatibility
with old distributions
- gitian: don't export any symbols from executable
- gitian: build against Qt 4.6
- devtools: add script to check symbols from Linux gitian executables
- Remove build-time no-IPv6 setting
- Fix various coin control visual issues
- Show number of in/out connections in debug console
- Show weeks as well as years behind for long timespans behind
- Enable and disable the Show and Remove buttons for requested
payments history based on whether any entry is selected.
- Show also value for options overridden on command line in options dialog
- Fill in label from address book also for URIs
- Fixes feel when resizing the last column on tables (issue #2862)
- Fix ESC in disablewallet mode
- Add expert section to wallet tab in optionsdialog
- Do proper boost::path conversion (fixes unicode in datadir)
- Only override -datadir if different from the default (fixes -datadir
in config file)
- Show rescan progress at start-up
- Show importwallet progress
- Get required locks upfront in polling functions (avoids hanging on locks)
- Catch Windows shutdown events while client is running
- Optionally add third party links to transaction context menu
- Check for !pixmap() before trying to export QR code (avoids crashes
when no QR