Re: [blfs-support] Sudo

2014-04-05 Thread Richard Melville

 Le 04/04/2014 12:27, Fernando de Oliveira a ?crit :
  Em 04-04-2014 06:24, Pierre Labastie escreveu:
 
  I go have a look and correct if necessary.
 
  Pierre
  Done at r12930.
  My script is as the book now. I had that change to be done, probably
  more than one update ago, thought had done it. Perhaps it got back
  during the discussion about removing libexec, then not doing it for
  sudo. But I should have noticed it. Apologies to all.
 
 No big deal, I took it, because I thought you'd prefer update the GNOME
 packages, rather than correcting a harmless typo...

 Pierre


Thanks Pierre and Fernando for the quick response; I realise that the error
was a typo that didn't actually affect the build, and I know that you guys
are really busy.  Let me take this opportunity to say that I believe the
lists and the *LFS books are the best GNU/Linux resources on the Web, and
thanks again for all the help that you and the others have provided over
the years.  Maybe that's not said often enough.

Richard
-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-support
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Re: [blfs-support] Sudo

2014-04-04 Thread Richard Melville

 On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 6:46:05 PM Richard Melville wrote:
  There's an error in the book's suggested configure commands:
   --libexecdir=/usr/lib/sudo should be --libexecdir=/usr/lib.  Both
 current
  books have this error which surely would produce two sudo directories;
  one below the other.
 
  Richard

 You are incorrect there Richard.

 I have used those instructions for sudo and it does NOT as you state
 produce
 two sudo directories.


Maybe we are both right :-)  I didn't run make  make install with the
book's instructions so I can't confirm that two directories *are* produced.



 Try running ./configure --help and looking at the maintainers instructions.

 Christopher


I's a fact, however, that if you run --libexecdir=/usr/lib/sudo you *will*
receive a warning from the configure script that reads: WARNING: libexecdir
should not include the sudo subdirectory.  Running --libexecdir=/usr/lib
does not produce the warning, but still provides the required /usr/lib/sudo.

If, as you say, two directories *aren't* produced then the configure script
must be compensating for the error.  However, it is *still* an error and
should be rectified in the book.

Richard
-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-support
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Re: [blfs-support] Sudo

2014-04-04 Thread Pierre Labastie

Le 04/04/2014 10:54, Richard Melville a écrit :


On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 6:46:05 PM Richard Melville wrote:
 There's an error in the book's suggested configure commands:
  --libexecdir=/usr/lib/sudo should be --libexecdir=/usr/lib.
 Both current
 books have this error which surely would produce two sudo
directories;
 one below the other.

 Richard

You are incorrect there Richard.

I have used those instructions for sudo and it does NOT as you
state produce
two sudo directories.


Maybe we are both right :-)  I didn't run make  make install with 
the book's instructions so I can't confirm that two directories *are* 
produced.



Try running ./configure --help and looking at the maintainers
instructions.

Christopher

I's a fact, however, that if you run --libexecdir=/usr/lib/sudo you 
*will* receive a warning from the configure script that reads: 
WARNING: libexecdir should not include the sudo subdirectory. 
 Running --libexecdir=/usr/lib does not produce the warning, but still 
provides the required /usr/lib/sudo.


If, as you say, two directories *aren't* produced then the configure 
script must be compensating for the error.  However, it is *still* an 
error and should be rectified in the book.




I go have a look and correct if necessary.

Pierre

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-support
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Re: [blfs-support] Sudo

2014-04-04 Thread Pierre Labastie

Le 04/04/2014 11:11, Pierre Labastie a écrit :

Le 04/04/2014 10:54, Richard Melville a écrit :


On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 6:46:05 PM Richard Melville wrote:
 There's an error in the book's suggested configure commands:
  --libexecdir=/usr/lib/sudo should be --libexecdir=/usr/lib.
 Both current
 books have this error which surely would produce two sudo
directories;
 one below the other.

 Richard

You are incorrect there Richard.

I have used those instructions for sudo and it does NOT as you
state produce
two sudo directories.


Maybe we are both right :-)  I didn't run make  make install with 
the book's instructions so I can't confirm that two directories *are* 
produced.



Try running ./configure --help and looking at the maintainers
instructions.

Christopher

I's a fact, however, that if you run --libexecdir=/usr/lib/sudo you 
*will* receive a warning from the configure script that reads: 
WARNING: libexecdir should not include the sudo subdirectory. 
 Running --libexecdir=/usr/lib does not produce the warning, but 
still provides the required /usr/lib/sudo.


If, as you say, two directories *aren't* produced then the configure 
script must be compensating for the error.  However, it is *still* an 
error and should be rectified in the book.




I go have a look and correct if necessary.

Pierre

Done at r12930.

Pierre

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-support
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page

Re: [blfs-support] Sudo

2014-04-04 Thread Fernando de Oliveira
Em 04-04-2014 06:24, Pierre Labastie escreveu:
 Le 04/04/2014 11:11, Pierre Labastie a écrit :
 Le 04/04/2014 10:54, Richard Melville a écrit :

 On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 6:46:05 PM Richard Melville wrote:
  There's an error in the book's suggested configure commands:
   --libexecdir=/usr/lib/sudo should be --libexecdir=/usr/lib.
  Both current
  books have this error which surely would produce two sudo
 directories;
  one below the other.
 
  Richard

 You are incorrect there Richard.

 I have used those instructions for sudo and it does NOT as you
 state produce
 two sudo directories.


 Maybe we are both right :-)  I didn't run make  make install with
 the book's instructions so I can't confirm that two directories *are*
 produced.
  


 Try running ./configure --help and looking at the maintainers
 instructions.

 Christopher

  
 I's a fact, however, that if you run --libexecdir=/usr/lib/sudo you
 *will* receive a warning from the configure script that reads:
 WARNING: libexecdir should not include the sudo subdirectory.
  Running --libexecdir=/usr/lib does not produce the warning, but
 still provides the required /usr/lib/sudo.

 If, as you say, two directories *aren't* produced then the configure
 script must be compensating for the error.  However, it is *still* an
 error and should be rectified in the book.


 I go have a look and correct if necessary.

 Pierre
 Done at r12930.

My script is as the book now. I had that change to be done, probably
more than one update ago, thought had done it. Perhaps it got back
during the discussion about removing libexec, then not doing it for
sudo. But I should have noticed it. Apologies to all.

-- 
[]s,
Fernando
-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-support
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page


Re: [blfs-support] Sudo

2014-04-04 Thread Pierre Labastie
Le 04/04/2014 12:27, Fernando de Oliveira a écrit :
 Em 04-04-2014 06:24, Pierre Labastie escreveu:

 I go have a look and correct if necessary.

 Pierre
 Done at r12930.
 My script is as the book now. I had that change to be done, probably
 more than one update ago, thought had done it. Perhaps it got back
 during the discussion about removing libexec, then not doing it for
 sudo. But I should have noticed it. Apologies to all.

No big deal, I took it, because I thought you'd prefer update the GNOME 
packages, rather than correcting a harmless typo...

Pierre

-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-support
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page


Re: [blfs-support] Sudo

2014-04-03 Thread Christopher Gregory
On Thu, 03 Apr 2014 6:46:05 PM Richard Melville wrote:
 There's an error in the book's suggested configure commands:
  --libexecdir=/usr/lib/sudo should be --libexecdir=/usr/lib.  Both current
 books have this error which surely would produce two sudo directories;
 one below the other.
 
 Richard

You are incorrect there Richard.

I have used those instructions for sudo and it does NOT as you state produce 
two sudo directories.

Try running ./configure --help and looking at the maintainers instructions.

Christopher
-- 
http://linuxfromscratch.org/mailman/listinfo/blfs-support
FAQ: http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/faq.html
Unsubscribe: See the above information page