Re: a new keyboard - discuss and critique

2009-06-14 Thread Richard Guest
Yup Ditto, Just waiting for transparent qwo for OM2009... 2009/6/14 Denis Johnson denis.john...@gmail.com On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 2:26 AM, Rask Ingemann Lambertsenr...@sygehus.dk wrote: They call it qwo[1] and I think it rules. It takes many hours to get used to it, but I think it is

Re: some questions before buying FreeRunner

2009-06-14 Thread Paul Fertser
a dehqan dehqa...@gmail.com writes: 2009/6/14 Paul Fertser fercer...@gmail.com: a dehqan dehqa...@gmail.com writes: I do not advise you to fix the Freerunner yourself.  Just purchase a buzz-fixed version. so it is possible to braze components by hand yes ? Would you say what components

Re: some questions before buying FreeRunner

2009-06-14 Thread Ben Wong
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 1:10 PM, a dehqandehqa...@gmail.com wrote:   How much  is Fr SAR ? In another thread on this list somebody mentioned that the specific absorption rate for the Freerunner is average, not significantly higher or lower than any other cell phone. Specifically, the Neo

Re: some questions before buying FreeRunner

2009-06-14 Thread Paul Fertser
Ben Wong lists.openmoko@wongs.net writes: The circuit is very small and you need special tools. An ordinary hand soldering iron will not work. Do I really have to try that to prove it's wrong? I think that after properly shaping the tip (as a flat screwdriver) 0402 can be easily desoldered

Re: [QtMoko] New debian images

2009-06-14 Thread Fabio Locati
houyu, if you merge from me, everything compiles correctly :) On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 3:08 PM, HouYu Likara...@gmail.com wrote: In addition. When I am doing compile, I got error complaining about missing src/3rdparty/gami/qnetwalk/pics/qnetwalk.png. I saw commit from Fale that delete the png

Re: [shr-unstable] packages for canola media player

2009-06-14 Thread Yorick Moko
It looks really nice it does take a while (understatement) to load it isn't optimised for normal screen orientation, but it works and landscape is quite nice overall: I like it :) y On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 12:31 AM, The Digital Pioneer digitalpion...@gmail.com wrote: You can tell canola where

[SHR-U] Perma-block a Number

2009-06-14 Thread The Digital Pioneer
Hey, I'm on SHR-Unstable and every now and then I get a call from 8664693328 and it's always a call bugging me about either my car warranty expiring or getting cheap health insurance. Now, I just bet there's a way to edit a YAML file or something to automatically block calls from that number

Re: [SHR-U] Perma-block a Number

2009-06-14 Thread Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
On Sunday 14 June 2009 20:32:10 The Digital Pioneer wrote: Hey, I'm on SHR-Unstable and every now and then I get a call from 8664693328 and it's always a call bugging me about either my car warranty expiring or getting cheap health insurance. Now, I just bet there's a way to edit a YAML file

Re: [SHR-U] Perma-block a Number

2009-06-14 Thread The Digital Pioneer
OK, is there any way to fake an incoming call to test this? :P I assume I patch the file and that's all, right? ___ Openmoko community mailing list community@lists.openmoko.org http://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/community

Re: some questions before buying FreeRunner

2009-06-14 Thread Mikhail Umorin
Paul -- I use screen protection from day 1. It's a regular PDA screen protector, bought in a nearby cellphone shop. I don't think it decreases TS precision. Does a particular model of invisibleSHIELD fit FR or you had to cut an oversized one to shape?

Re: Debuzzing

2009-06-14 Thread Andreas Cyberfrag Fischer
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE- Hash: SHA1 While it took a bit longer than I had originally expected, I'm now proud owner of a buzz-free Freerunner :D Congrats to Dr. Schaller for making this happen - and congrats for OM for supporting this. Let's all not forget that other phones have

Re: some questions before buying FreeRunner

2009-06-14 Thread Paul Fertser
Mikhail Umorin mike...@gmail.com writes: I use screen protection from day 1. It's a regular PDA screen protector, bought in a nearby cellphone shop. I don't think it decreases TS precision. Does a particular model of invisibleSHIELD fit FR or you had to cut an oversized one to shape? I

Re: Navit internal GUI

2009-06-14 Thread Christian Rüb
I have used navit for a while now and today I have updated to svn-2314. It gets better and better, but I still have my problems with some parts of the internal GUI. When adding more bookmarks than the screen can display I have no option to scroll in the bookmark list. So more than a

Microphone busted after buzz-fix

2009-06-14 Thread Tomas Riveros Schober
Hello List, I have 2 freerunners and both were A5's. I have a friend that is experienced soldering and doing reworks and he performed the buzz-fix on both freerunners. However, one of those seems to have the microphone not working anymore. The other Neo was fixed correctly (despite having

Re: Debuzzing

2009-06-14 Thread Leonti Bielski
I would like to thank all the people involved in buzz fixing too! You made a very good point a lot of people are forgetting about that other phones are not without the problems. We just don't know about most of them because there is no strong community around them. With the openmoko community it

Checking out OM kernel

2009-06-14 Thread Shaz
Dear list, I am interested in preferably kernel version 2.6.30 or 2.6.26-rc8 for OpenMoko. Please help me with the steps to check it out because I not well versed with git. I tried with git checkout v2.6.26-rc8 but it does not have a defconfig for gta02. -- Shaz

Re: Microphone busted after buzz-fix

2009-06-14 Thread Paul Fertser
Tomas Riveros Schober trive...@enable.cl writes: I have 2 freerunners and both were A5's. I have a friend that is experienced soldering and doing reworks and he performed the buzz-fix on both freerunners. However, one of those seems to have the microphone not working anymore. The other