Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-21 Thread joerg Reisenweber
On Fri 21 February 2014 08:26:59 Radek Polak wrote: On Thursday, February 20, 2014 08:38:35 PM Michael Spacefalcon wrote: I am also convinced that the *real* reason why Openmoko = failure in the general public's perception is precisely because of that NDA and no one having broken it during

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-21 Thread Radek Polak
On Friday, February 21, 2014 09:15:27 AM joerg Reisenweber wrote: Openmoko is different - they never provided SW for reliable phone. Openmoko never provided stable maintainable kernel - instead they wasted their time on doing 4 ugly unusable distros while at the time they had perfectly

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-21 Thread Michael Spacefalcon
Radek Polak pson...@seznam.cz wrote: But there are other points of view. E.g. some people expect the phone ring when friends/wife/customer calls. Yes, that's exactly what I seek out of my cellphone too. And that is why I require having the source for all sw/fw involved in this telephony

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-21 Thread Liz
On Fri, 21 Feb 2014 10:10:23 +0100 Radek Polak pson...@seznam.cz wrote: Well, IMO you should always start with something simple and working. I'd been happy if Freerunner was running from day 0 simple, reliable, power management friendly distro with Accept call and Read SMS. Community does the

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-21 Thread joerg Reisenweber
On Fri 21 February 2014 10:36:59 Michael Spacefalcon wrote: VLR, SF Do yourself a favor and ask some of your friends with a more down-to-earth mindset before you ever again consider posting such mails. When you don't get it, go and ask your friends, maybe they also can explain to you why I

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-21 Thread David Matthews
Please don't polemize! ROTFL - are you asking me not to bring disagreement here? Incidentally - you're input on the IMEI topic (and much else), is not unappreciated (by me), but freeing the GSM firmware is *cool* Best wishes -- David Matthews m...@dmatthews.org

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-21 Thread Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Am 21.02.2014 um 10:36 schrieb Michael Spacefalcon: I invite every = remaining Openmoko GTA01/02 owner to cannibalize their device for a = GTA04A5 motherboard. There is a special place in Hell reserved for murderers of good free hardware like you. ROFL - you are believing in Hell and you

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-20 Thread joerg Reisenweber
On Thu 20 February 2014 20:38:35 Michael Spacefalcon wrote: was a proprietary phone no different from anything out of Motorola, Samsung or Apple. evidently bullshit! -- () ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail /\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments (alas the

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-20 Thread Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Of course it will never happen legally, but so what? We can build it illegally instead. You are a Pied Piper of Hamelin. ___ Openmoko community mailing list community@lists.openmoko.org http://lists.openmoko.org/mailman/listinfo/community

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-20 Thread joerg Reisenweber
On Fri 21 February 2014 07:29:28 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote: Of course it will never happen legally, but so what? We can build it illegally instead. You are a Pied Piper of Hamelin. Let's hope we don't have to read Pied Piper Revisited or learn about some landslide or somesuch, in a

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-20 Thread joerg Reisenweber
On Fri 21 February 2014 07:48:02 joerg Reisenweber wrote: On Fri 21 February 2014 07:29:28 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote: Of course it will never happen legally, but so what? We can build it illegally instead. You are a Pied Piper of Hamelin. Let's hope we don't have to read Pied

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-20 Thread Michael Spacefalcon
Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller h...@goldelico.com wrote: You are a Pied Piper of Hamelin. I don't mind the role. Check out The Stolen Child, poem/song by William Butler Yeats - I particularly like this rendition: http://www.elvendrums.com/cddragon.php VLR, SF

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-20 Thread Radek Polak
On Thursday, February 20, 2014 08:38:35 PM Michael Spacefalcon wrote: I am also convinced that the *real* reason why Openmoko = failure in the general public's perception is precisely because of that NDA and no one having broken it during the years when it mattered the most. That's your point

Re: Openmoko's downfall (was changing IMEI)

2014-02-20 Thread Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Am 21.02.2014 um 08:26 schrieb Radek Polak: On Thursday, February 20, 2014 08:38:35 PM Michael Spacefalcon wrote: I am also convinced that the *real* reason why Openmoko = failure in the general public's perception is precisely because of that NDA and no one having broken it during the