document various download options/locations for CD images

2015-04-28 Thread Laura Arjona Reina
Hi all

I have committed the patch in former comment:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=145;filename=patch1_607193.diff;att=1;bug=607193

I've been exploring the website organization in order to gather all the
pages where we should link to that warning, and frankly, I see *lots* of
pages with links to images, and I'm not sure if we want to include
links to the unofficial images in each individual place:

https://www.debian.org/distrib/
https://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst
https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/
https://www.debian.org/CD/torrent-cd/
https://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/
https://www.debian.org/CD/live/
https://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/
https://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

And, on the other side, I see that there are at least two entities
related to images including nonfree firmware:

1.- In webwml/english/template/debian/release_images.wml

# multi-arch cannot be linked as is, as we don't know which archs it
include (used in the filename)
define-tag small-non-free-cd-images
images-list
url=http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/current-nonfree-cd-release-dirname//@ARCH@/iso-cd/firmware-current-nonfree-cd-release-filename/-@a...@-netinst.iso
arch=amd64 i386 powerpc /
/define-tag


2.- In webwml/english/template/debian/release_info.wml

define-tag
current-nonfree-cd-release-dirnamecurrent-cd-release//define-tag
define-tag
current-nonfree-cd-release-filenamecurrent-nonfree-cd-release-dirname//define-tag

But only one of them is showed in
https://www.debian.org/releases/[squeeze|wheezy|jessie]/debian-installer/

So, frankly, I'm not sure how to resume the work on this bug.

My proposal would be to add a new page unofficial with links to all
the unofficial images for each release

https://www.debian.org/releases/[squeeze|wheezy|jessie]/debian-installer/unofficial

And ideally, define tags for each group of images (if the two above tags
don't include all of them).

I suppose the whole CD and distrib sections need a complete
rewriting/merging in order to reduce the places where link to images are
showed, to avoid duplicity. And my proposal does not help on that, either...

CC'ing debian-cd and debian-boot.

I'm willing to work in this bug (as well as in the distrib/CD merging).
I can prepare patches, commit them when other people ACK, and track this
bug until it gets fixed. But I would need directions (do we want a
single place with all the images? if not, how to split trying to avoid
duplicity?

Regards

-- 
Laura Arjona
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona


--
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-cd-requ...@lists.debian.org
with a subject of unsubscribe. Trouble? Contact listmas...@lists.debian.org
Archive: https://lists.debian.org/553f8025.6040...@larjona.net



Re: 8.8 planning

2017-03-17 Thread Laura Arjona Reina
Hi

El 14/03/17 a las 12:00, Julien Cristau escribió:
> It's time to start thinking about our next stable point release.  Here
> are some dates, please let us know which ones would work.
> 
> * April 8-9
> * April 15-16

Not sure, but could be

> * April 22-23
> * April 29-30
> * May 6-7

Those, at least two people from publicity are available.

> 
> I know at least Adam can't do 15-16 so that one is most likely out anyway.
> 
> Cheers,
> Julien
> 

Cheers

-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona



Fwd: DVD multi-arch

2017-06-21 Thread Laura Arjona Reina

Hi
We received the mail below at press@ and I'm not sure if we are still 
providing DVD multiarch images or only the multiarch CD netinst.


Can anybody of the CD team answer to Luc?

Thanks, and thanks for your hard work!

Best regards

--
Laura Arjona
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona


 Mensaje reenviado 
Asunto: DVD multi-arch
Fecha: Wed, 21 Jun 2017 09:39:41 +0200
De: Luc Novales 
Para: pr...@debian.org

Hi,
Debian 9 is now stable. Very good job !!

I'm used to download multi-arch DVD to install some computers 32 bits or 
64 bits, downloading fewer packages during install.

Last image isn't present on server, only rc5 installer can be downloaded.

Is there some reason to remove this image. Should I waiting for this 
official installer version, or rc5 will be the only version available ?


Thanks,
Luc Novales.



Re: Scheduling 9.2

2017-09-11 Thread Laura Arjona Reina
Hello

El 27/08/17 a las 17:48, Jonathan Wiltshire escribió:
> Hi,
> 
> I'm working on dates for 9.2; by a two month cycle we're aiming for around
> 23rd September. How about one of:
> 
> 23rd/24th September
> 30th Septmber/1st October
> 
> [SRMs: needs one of you too please :) ]
> 
> After discussion with Adam and Steve, we felt it made sense to work on 2
> months for stable and 4 months for oldstable; that way there isn't a month
> 3 to try and fit in betweens. So every other stable update will also be an
> oldstable.
> 
> Thanks,
> 

Please choose the date that suits better and at least one member of
publicity team will be around for the announcement.

Cheers
-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona



Re: Scheduling 9.3

2017-11-16 Thread Laura Arjona Reina
Hi all

El 15/11/17 a las 19:30, Steve McIntyre escribió:
> On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 05:00:16PM +0100, Adam Barratt wrote:
>> On 2017-09-24 17:38, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Our target for 9.3 and 8.10 is the first weekend in December (this
>>> happily
>>> makes the following target the beginning of February, avoiding the
>>> festive
>>> season).
>>>
>>> Accordingly I'm looking at one of:
>> [...]
>>> 2nd December
>>> 9th December (but preferably earlier, or we start gradually extending
>>>   the cycle)
>>

Publicity team is available both weekends.
Cheers

-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona



Re: Scheduling final Jessie point release, 8.11

2018-05-18 Thread Laura Arjona Reina
Hello

El 14/05/18 a las 19:26, Jonathan Wiltshire escribió:
> Hi,
> 
> According to my records main security support for Jessie can end any time
> after 17th June. 
> 
> So to the security team: do you have a date in mind?
> 
> I also presume that LTS will take over the existing security suites as
> before. [1] lists the current delta between security and o-p-u-new which
> would ideally be as short as possible before the EOL date.
> 
> For everyone else, assuming it'll be soon after that date please
> indicate your availability from:
> 
>  - 23rd Jun
Publicity available

>  - (30th Jun I already know is impossible, for the sake of completeness)
Publicity we can't

>  - 7th July
> 
Publicity available.

> or adjacent Sundays.
> 
Sundays we are available, with some difficulty if we decide 1 July, but do-able.

Thanks
-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona



Re: Scheduling 9.5

2018-05-18 Thread Laura Arjona Reina
Hello
Sorry for the delay in answering

El 14/05/18 a las 19:19, Jonathan Wiltshire escribió:
> Hi,
> 
> We're due a point release any day now. Please indicate your availablility
> out of:
> 
>  - May 26th (meaning freeze this coming weekend, which might be a big ask)
>  - Jun 2nd (which may require an unusual SRM)
>  - Jun 9th (getting quite a way out of cadence, but maybe that can't be
>helped)

We (publicity) are available any of the above weekends.

Thanks
-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona



Re: Scheduling 9.5

2018-06-12 Thread Laura Arjona Reina



El 12 de junio de 2018 13:44:52 CEST, "Adam D. Barratt" 
 escribió:
>On 2018-06-08 18:51, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>> [Cc += debian-kernel]
>> 
>> On Sun, 2018-05-20 at 12:04 +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>>> On 15037 March 1977, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>[...]
>> We're past any of the above by now, and while looking through the
>to-do
>> list for the final jessie point release, I noticed that we currently
>> have some packages in opu with versions higher than stable.
>> 
>> We can either accept the packages and put up with the situation for a
>> short while, or do 9.5 before 8.11. In practical terms, that would
>> likely mean both 9.5 and 8.11 on June 23rd, freezing both next
>weekend.
>> How do people feel about that?
>
>After discussions on IRC, it appears unlikely that the currently WIP 
>kernel update will be ready in sufficient time to be happy with it on 
>all architectures.
>
>So the possible options are:
>
>- go ahead with freezing 9.5 this weekend, and hope the kernel's ready 
>in time
>- go ahead with freezing 9.5 this weekend, and update the kernel via 
>stable-updates later
>- just do 8.11 this weekend, accept the version skew and get 9.5 
>released as soon as we can
>
>To be entirely honest, I'm not that comfortable with announcing a
>freeze 
>this close to the actual date. In terms of packages with version skew, 
>we have:
>
>- packages from the security archive, where users upgrading should 
>already have the jessie-security package installed in any case
>- intel-microcode, src:patch and clamav, where it looks like the jessie
>
>package should work on stretch without issues
>- tzdata, which is already available from stretch-updates.
>
>Given all of the above, I think the sanest option is to concentrate on 
>getting 8.11 done and jessie off our radar and then get 9.5 sorted.
>
>For suggested dates for 9.5, we know that June 30th is a no-go, Debcamp
>
>starts on July 21st and then Debconf on the 28th. So that leaves us 
>with:
>
>- July 7th

This we (publicity) can, and prefer it.

>- July 14th

This, could be possible, but only one of us is available.

Cheers
-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona
Sent with K-9 mail



Re: Scheduling 9.5

2018-06-08 Thread Laura Arjona Reina



El 8 de junio de 2018 19:51:18 CEST, "Adam D. Barratt" 
 escribió:
>[Cc += debian-kernel]
>
>On Sun, 2018-05-20 at 12:04 +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> On 15037 March 1977, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
>> >  - May 26th (meaning freeze this coming weekend, which might be a
>> > big
>> >  ask)
>> 
>> No.
>> 
>> >  - Jun 2nd (which may require an unusual SRM)
>> 
>> Possible.
>> 
>> >  - Jun 9th (getting quite a way out of cadence, but maybe that
>> > can't be
>> >    helped)
>> 
>> Possible.
>
>We're past any of the above by now, and while looking through the to-do
>
>list for the final jessie point release, I noticed that we currently
>have some packages in opu with versions higher than stable.
>
>We can either accept the packages and put up with the situation for a
>short while, or do 9.5 before 8.11. In practical terms, that would
>likely mean both 9.5 and 8.11 on June 23rd, freezing both next weekend.
>How do people feel about that?
>

Ok for publicity.

Cheers

-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona
Sent with K-9 mail



Re: Scheduling 9.4

2018-02-18 Thread Laura Arjona Reina
Hi
sorry for the delay answering

El 14/02/18 a las 23:26, Joerg Jaspert escribió:
> On 14944 March 1977, Julien Cristau wrote:
> 
>> we shipped 9.3 a couple of months ago, so we're overdue for 9.4.
>> Can you please let us know your availability on the following:
>> - March 3
>> - March 10
> 
> Can do.
Publicity team is also available March 3 and 10.
> 
>> - March 17
> 
> Not very good

This we could make it too.

Cheers
> 
>> - March 24
>> - March 31
> 
> No way.
> 

-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona



Re: Scheduling 9.6

2018-10-09 Thread Laura Arjona Reina

Hi

El 9/10/18 a las 9:07, Cyril Brulebois escribió:

Hi,

Adam D. Barratt  (2018-10-06):

That didn't work out so well in the end, and in the meantime we rather let
the ball drop. :-(

In the interests of getting things moving, some more current
suggestions:

- October 20th (means freezing next weekend)
- October 27th
- November 3rd
- November 10th


All of these look good to me. The first one is a bit close (esp. with my
backlog, as you pointed out a few days ago), but that should be doable.



All of them ok for press/publicity too.

Cheers

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona



Re: Scheduling 10.2

2019-10-30 Thread Laura Arjona Reina
Hi all

Sorry for the late reply

El 21/10/19 a las 21:26, Adam D. Barratt escribió:
> Hi,
> 
> It's (really past) time to consider a date for the second buster point
> release.
> 
> I've listed some suggested dates below; please indicate which you would
> be available for.
> 
> - November 2nd
>   - I'm not available; also means that the freeze would have to be this
> coming weekend
> - November 9th
> - November 16th
> - November 23rd
> - November 30th
>   - a little late, and I'm not available

Any weekend of November (except the 2nd) works for publicity.
Kind regards,
-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona



Re: Planning 10.3 and 9.12

2020-01-09 Thread Laura Arjona Reina
Hi all

Sorry for the late reply.

El 6/1/20 a las 22:42, Adam D. Barratt escribió:
> Hi,
> 
> It's (really past) time to consider a date for the next point releases
> for buster and stretch.
> 
> I've listed some suggested dates below; please indicate which you would
> be available for.
> 
> - January 25th
> - February 1st
> - February 8th
> - February 15th
> 

Any weekend of those should be fine for publicity/website.
Kind regards,
-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona



Re: 10.4 planning

2020-04-09 Thread Laura Arjona Reina
Hi all


El 6 de abril de 2020 13:16:05 CEST, "Adam D. Barratt" 
 escribió:
>Hi folks,
>
>I realise things are a little unusual right now, but it's about time
>that we started looking at dates for 10.4.
>
>I guess the biggest impact of current circumstances on the process is
>likely to be around image testing, as there won't be a bunch of people
>with local access to Steve's mirror.
>
>I've listed some potential dates below; as usual, please indicate which
>you would be available for.
>
>- April 25th
>- May 2nd
>- May 9th
>

Any of those works for us (press/publicity/website).
Take care, stay safe,

-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona
Sent with K-9 mail



Re: stretch EOL point release (9.13) and 10.5 planning

2020-06-25 Thread Laura Arjona Reina
Hi

El 15/6/20 a las 18:44, Adam D. Barratt escribió:
> Hi,
> 
> stretch transitions from oldstable-with-security-support to LTS support
> on Saturday July 4th. As usual, we should aim for the final point
> release to be soon after that, most likely pulling in any remaining
> updates from security.d.o that are still in oldstable-new.
> 
> I think Saturday July 11th makes most sense (so freezing opu during the
> transition weekend), but we could potentially stretch (no pun intended)
> slightly further if need be.
> 
> We also need to look at the next buster point release in a similar
> timeframe. Can anyone see a reason not to do the two at the same time,
> as usual?
> 
> To get the ball rolling, please could you confirm your availability
> for:
> 
> - July 11/12
> - July 18/19
> 
Sorry for the late reply.
We had talk about this but forgot to send the mail.
Any of the proposed dates is workable for press/website.

Apologies again for the delay.
Kind regards,
-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona



Re: 10.6 planning

2020-09-10 Thread Laura Arjona Reina
Hi all

El 9 de septiembre de 2020 20:24:06 CEST, "Adam D. Barratt" 
 escribió:
>Hi all,
>
>We're slightly off our previous schedule because of delaying 10.5, but
>we should really get on with arranging 10.6.
>
>Please could you confirm your availability, and any preferences, for
>the following:
>
>- September 26/27
>- October 3/4
>

Both weekends work for publicity/website.
Cheers

>Thanks,
>
>Adam
>

-- 
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona
Sent with K-9 mail