Owner: Nicholas D Steeves
Package name: dephell
Version : 0.8.3
Upstream Author : Gram
URL : http://www.example.org/
License : MIT (declared, but probably Expat)
Programming Lang: Python
Description : project management for Python
DepHell Project management for Python
* Format agnostic: supports setup.py, requirements.txt, Pipfile, poetry.
DepHell converts between them at any time.
* All-in-one-solution: manage dependencies, virtual environments, tests,
CLI tools, packages; generate configs; show licenses for dependencies;
assist with security audits; get download statistics from PyPI; search
packages, and much more.
* Smart dependency resolution: manages dependencies, resolves, and enables
locking of dependencies that pip missed.
* Asyncio based: optimised network and filesystem requests.
* Multiple environments: facilitates the use of multiple environments per
* Release tools: provides build, test, version upgrade, and upload helpers.
When I imported the latest version of Fissix, I discovered that it had
migrated to pyproject.toml. I asked #debian-python about what the
status of Debian tooling is for this format, and had a good discussion
with ScottK. My immediate motivation for packaging DepHell is to
convert Fissix's pyproject.toml to setup.py to expedite the completion
of its ITP. I also wonder if it might be useful within a dh_python
It's highly likely this software will be useful to the general Python
developer community, and I plan to maintain it in either the DPMT or
PAPT, as appropriate. Please comment on this!
If anyone on the DPMT or PAPT would like to comaintain this package,
please let me know, and I'll add you to Uploaders without delay.
I will require a sponsor for the initial upload.