[Bug 1834211] Re: [SRU] gconf FTBFS in Bionic

2019-07-02 Thread Simon Quigley
Before this is sponsored, I would like to see Brian's comment on the
other bug addressed; does this need to go to Eoan, any other releases,
or Debian?

Thanks, and please resubscribe sponsors when this is answered.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gconf in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1834211

Title:
  [SRU] gconf FTBFS in Bionic

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gconf/+bug/1834211/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1786881] Re: Languages always shown with English names

2019-04-20 Thread Simon Quigley
Unsubscribing the sponsors team because there is nothing to sponsor.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1786881

Title:
  Languages always shown with English names

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1786881/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1787325] Re: Update wayland-protocols to version 1.16

2018-08-16 Thread Simon Quigley
Unsubscribing ~ubuntu-sponsors because there's nothing to sponsor.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to wayland-protocols in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1787325

Title:
  Update wayland-protocols to version 1.16

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wayland-protocols/+bug/1787325/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1744941] Re: gnome-software crashes in as_app_parse_desktop_file

2018-08-16 Thread Simon Quigley
Unsubscribing sponsors as there's nothing left to sponsor.

Artful is also EOL.

Ping, Iain and Robie.

** Changed in: appstream-glib (Ubuntu Artful)
   Status: Confirmed => Won't Fix

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to appstream-glib in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1744941

Title:
  gnome-software crashes in as_app_parse_desktop_file

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/appstream-glib/+bug/1744941/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1714518] Re: GTK+3 doesn't show FUSE/GVFS, smb (SMB/CIFS), sftp (SFTP/SSH) network shares in file chooser

2018-08-16 Thread Simon Quigley
Artful is EOL.

** Changed in: gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu Artful)
   Status: Triaged => Won't Fix

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1714518

Title:
  GTK+3 doesn't show FUSE/GVFS, smb (SMB/CIFS), sftp (SFTP/SSH) network
  shares in file chooser

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/1714518/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1779526] Re: Please merge 2.24.32-2 from Debian Sid

2018-07-05 Thread Simon Quigley
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/2.24.32-2ubuntu1

** Changed in: gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu)
   Status: In Progress => Fix Committed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1779526

Title:
  Please merge 2.24.32-2 from Debian Sid

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/1779526/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1779526] [NEW] Please merge 2.24.32-2 from Debian Sid

2018-07-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Public bug reported:

2.24.32-2 has been uploaded to Debian Sid fixing a few bugs. Let's merge
it.

** Affects: gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu)
 Importance: Wishlist
 Assignee: Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)
 Status: In Progress

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1779526

Title:
  Please merge 2.24.32-2 from Debian Sid

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/1779526/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1772919] Re: pam-gnome-keyring.so reveals user’s password credential as a plaintext form

2018-06-30 Thread Simon Quigley
Setting to new because they submitted it upstream.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-keyring in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1772919

Title:
  pam-gnome-keyring.so reveals user’s password credential as a plaintext
  form

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-keyring/+bug/1772919/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1772919] Re: pam-gnome-keyring.so reveals user’s password credential as a plaintext form

2018-06-30 Thread Simon Quigley
Setting to new because he submitted it upstream.

** Changed in: gnome-keyring (Ubuntu)
   Status: Incomplete => New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-keyring in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1772919

Title:
  pam-gnome-keyring.so reveals user’s password credential as a plaintext
  form

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-keyring/+bug/1772919/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1574593] Re: gdm and lightdm stop afetr upgrade

2018-04-04 Thread Simon Quigley
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu 
better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to look at all 
reported bugs in a timely manner. There have been many changes in Ubuntu since 
that time you reported the bug and your problem may have been fixed with some 
of the updates. It would help us a lot if you could test it on a currently 
supported Ubuntu version. If you test it and it is still an issue, kindly 
upload the updated logs by running only once:
apport-collect 1574593

and any other logs that are relevant for this particular issue.

** Changed in: gdm (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gdm in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1574593

Title:
  gdm and lightdm stop afetr upgrade

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+bug/1574593/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1584793] Re: Rhythmbox fails to put an icon on the system tray in Lubuntu 14.04

2018-04-04 Thread Simon Quigley
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu 
better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to look at all 
reported bugs in a timely manner. There have been many changes in Ubuntu since 
that time you reported the bug and your problem may have been fixed with some 
of the updates. It would help us a lot if you could test it on a currently 
supported Ubuntu version. If you test it and it is still an issue, kindly 
upload the updated logs by running only once:
apport-collect 1584793

and any other logs that are relevant for this particular issue.

** Changed in: rhythmbox (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1584793

Title:
  Rhythmbox fails to put an icon on the system tray in Lubuntu 14.04

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/1584793/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1177267] Re: Inconsistency in passwords strength assessment

2018-04-04 Thread Simon Quigley
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu 
better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to look at all 
reported bugs in a timely manner. There have been many changes in Ubuntu since 
that time you reported the bug and your problem may have been fixed with some 
of the updates. It would help us a lot if you could test it on a currently 
supported Ubuntu version. If you test it and it is still an issue, kindly 
upload the updated logs by running only once:
apport-collect https://api.launchpad.net/1.0/bugs/1177267

and any other logs that are relevant for this particular issue.

** Changed in: ubuntu-gnome
   Status: New => Incomplete

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Incomplete

** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1177267

Title:
  Inconsistency in passwords strength assessment

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/+bug/1177267/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1187981] Re: symbol conflicts in libtimezonemap1

2018-04-04 Thread Simon Quigley
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu 
better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to look at all 
reported bugs in a timely manner. There have been many changes in Ubuntu since 
that time you reported the bug and your problem may have been fixed with some 
of the updates. It would help us a lot if you could test it on a currently 
supported Ubuntu version. If you test it and it is still an issue, kindly 
upload the updated logs by running only once:
apport-collect https://api.launchpad.net/1.0/bugs/1187981

and any other logs that are relevant for this particular issue.

** Changed in: gnome-control-center
   Status: Confirmed => Incomplete

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Incomplete

** Changed in: libtimezonemap (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Incomplete

** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Incomplete

** Changed in: unity-control-center (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1187981

Title:
  symbol conflicts in libtimezonemap1

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-control-center/+bug/1187981/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1066284] Re: Add keyboard layout button disabled in default live session

2018-04-04 Thread Simon Quigley
Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu 
better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to look at all 
reported bugs in a timely manner. There have been many changes in Ubuntu since 
that time you reported the bug and your problem may have been fixed with some 
of the updates. It would help us a lot if you could test it on a currently 
supported Ubuntu version. If you test it and it is still an issue, kindly 
upload the updated logs by running only once:
apport-collect https://api.launchpad.net/1.0/bugs/1066284

and any other logs that are relevant for this particular issue.

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

** Changed in: ubiquity (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1066284

Title:
  Add keyboard layout button disabled in default live session

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1066284/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1761313] Re: installer crashed

2018-04-04 Thread Simon Quigley
** Package changed: ubiquity (Ubuntu) => appstream (Ubuntu)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to appstream in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1761313

Title:
  installer crashed

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/appstream/+bug/1761313/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1758306] Re: Cannot switch mouse primary button in GCC

2018-04-01 Thread Simon Quigley
This could be a regression from https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source
/gnome-control-center/1:3.28.0-0ubuntu2

Subscribed Iain Lane.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1758306

Title:
  Cannot switch mouse primary button in GCC

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1758306/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1754852] Re: Steam Installer cannot be found using GNOME Software anymore

2018-03-27 Thread Simon Quigley
> Personally, I'd like to just remove the steam .deb packages in Ubuntu
completely.

Do the installers work correctly in LTS releases? If they don't, then I
agree, it's a candidate for removal.

> 2. It breaks badly with the "Install Steam" .deb you can find on the
Steam website.

Could you elaborate?

> I'd like us to just offer the Steam Snap that Solus is working on
("Linux Steam Integration"). I hope that will be ready in time for
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

I'm personally hesitant to endorse removals "just because there's a
snap" but if it bitrots over time/is insecure then I think it certainly
needs to be removed.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1754852

Title:
  Steam Installer cannot be found using GNOME Software anymore

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/appstream-generator/+bug/1754852/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 608162] Re: GNOME Keyring Daemon stops panel's shutdown

2018-03-26 Thread Simon Quigley
This problem was long-solved in Ubuntu and we don't support Mint. Please
ask them why their packages are outdated (years old at this point) and
still contain this bug.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-keyring in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/608162

Title:
  GNOME Keyring Daemon stops panel's shutdown

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-keyring/+bug/608162/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1758706] Re: Session logs out after screen turns off

2018-03-25 Thread Simon Quigley
*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1721428 ***
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1721428

** This bug has been marked a duplicate of bug 1721428
   Artful (17.10) Session logout after screen turned off

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1758706

Title:
  Session logs out after screen turns off

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1758706/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 586480] Re: evolution - editing calendar events should require only a single click

2018-03-24 Thread Simon Quigley
** Changed in: evolution (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => In Progress

** Changed in: evolution (Ubuntu)
   Status: In Progress => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/586480

Title:
  evolution - editing calendar events should require only a single click

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evolution/+bug/586480/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1757634] Re: Please port your package away from Qt 4

2018-03-22 Thread Simon Quigley
** Bug watch added: Debian Bug tracker #874868
   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=874868

** Also affects: fcitx (Debian) via
   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=874868
   Importance: Unknown
   Status: Unknown

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to fcitx in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1757634

Title:
  Please port your package away from Qt 4

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fcitx/+bug/1757634/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1757634] [NEW] Please port your package away from Qt 4

2018-03-21 Thread Simon Quigley
Public bug reported:

Currently Qt 4 has been dead upstream and we are starting to have
problems maintaining it, like for example in the OpenSSL 1.1 support
case.

Following in the footsteps of Debian[1], all packages directly or
indirectly depending on qt4-x11 (like this one) must either get ported
to Qt 5 and uploaded to the development release or get removed (by means
of demotion to -proposed or removal of the package) before the 19.04
release. If it is possible to port your package by the 18.10 release,
please do so.

If you have any questions about porting or this transition, please ask
in #ubuntu-qt (preferred) or directly ping me

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Qt4Removal

** Affects: fcitx (Ubuntu)
 Importance: Undecided
 Status: New


** Tags: qt4-removal

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to fcitx in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1757634

Title:
  Please port your package away from Qt 4

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fcitx/+bug/1757634/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1757320] [NEW] Remove Qt 4 from the archive

2018-03-20 Thread Simon Quigley
Public bug reported:

Currently Qt 4 has been dead upstream and we are starting to have
problems maintaining it, like for example in the OpenSSL 1.1 support case.

Following in the footsteps of Debian[1], all packages directly or
indirectly depending on qt4-x11 must either get ported to Qt 5 and
uploaded to the development release or get removed (by means of demotion
to -proposed or the whole source package removal) before the 19.04
release. If it is possible to do this by the 18.10 release, please do so.

No new packages entering the Ubuntu archive should depend on qt4-x11 or
any package which directly or indirectly depends on it.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/Qt4Removal

 affects ubuntu/acoustid-fingerprinter
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/adwaita-qt
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/akonadi4
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/alsoft-conf
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/alt-key
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/amarok
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/amora-server
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/ams
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/analitza4
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/appmenu-qt
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/aseba
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/attal
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/attica
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/auralquiz
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/automoc
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/autopilot-qt
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/avogadro
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/bacula
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/ball
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/baloo
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/basket
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/boats
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/bodega-client
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/bppphyview
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/breeze
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/cagibi
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/cdcat
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/chinese-calendar
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/choreonoid
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/clementine
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/cmtk
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/codelite
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/codequery
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/collatinus
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/colord-kde
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/connectome-workbench
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/cortina
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/cppreference-doc
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/daemonfs
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/dc-qt
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/dee-qt
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/dgedit
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/dhcpcd-ui
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/doomsday
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/dssi
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/enki-aseba
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/eqonomize
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/esperanza
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/fbreader
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/fcitx
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/fcitx-kkc
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/felix-latin
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/flightcrew
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/fmit
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/fraqtive
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/freecad
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/freemat
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/freemedforms-project
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/freeplayer
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/gammaray
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/gebabbel
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/genpo
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/gle-graphics
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/gmic
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/gnash
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/gnudoq
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/grantlee
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/gr-fosphor
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/gr-radar
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/gwenrename
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/hamfax
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/hedgewars
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/heimdall-flash
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/holdingnuts
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/hydrogen
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/ibus-qt
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/ifpgui
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/ifrit
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/ike
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/imagevis3d
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/jovie
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/jreen
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kaccessible
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kactivities
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kalternatives
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kamerka
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/karlyriceditor
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kate4
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kchmviewer
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kcm-qt-graphicssystem
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kcollectd
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kdbg
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kde4libs
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kde4pimlibs
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kde-baseapps
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kdepim4
 importance medium
 affects ubuntu/kde-runtime
 

[Bug 1756372] Re: Merge 2.24.32-1 from Debian

2018-03-18 Thread Simon Quigley
** Changed in: gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu)
   Importance: Undecided => Medium

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1756372

Title:
  Merge 2.24.32-1 from Debian

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/1756372/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1756372] Re: Merge 2.24.32-1 from Debian

2018-03-16 Thread Simon Quigley
I can take this merge.

** Changed in: gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu)
 Assignee: (unassigned) => Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)

** Changed in: gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => In Progress

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1756372

Title:
  Merge 2.24.32-1 from Debian

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/1756372/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1754852] Re: Steam Installer cannot be found using GNOME Software anymore

2018-03-15 Thread Simon Quigley
Actually, Jeremy is the one who added the extra steam-installer package.
I'm not exactly sure how to get this to work all in one package without
regressing something. He should fix this.

** Changed in: steam (Ubuntu)
 Assignee: Simon Quigley (tsimonq2) => Jeremy Bicha (jbicha)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1754852

Title:
  Steam Installer cannot be found using GNOME Software anymore

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/appstream-generator/+bug/1754852/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1754852] Re: Steam Installer cannot be found using GNOME Software anymore

2018-03-15 Thread Simon Quigley
tsimonq2> Someone here might have a better idea about bug 1754852 than I.
seb128> tsimonq2, Laney, ximion, or robert_ancell are probably the persons who 
can help you with such issues
Laney> tsimonq2: The icon needs to be in the same package as the appdata.

** Changed in: appstream-generator (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Invalid

** Changed in: steam (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Confirmed

** Changed in: steam (Ubuntu)
   Importance: Undecided => Medium

** Changed in: steam (Ubuntu)
 Assignee: (unassigned) => Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to the bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1754852

Title:
  Steam Installer cannot be found using GNOME Software anymore

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/appstream-generator/+bug/1754852/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 774312] Re: making link from Nautilus doesn't use the correct working directory

2018-03-13 Thread Simon Quigley
** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)
   Status: Confirmed => Won't Fix

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to nautilus in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/774312

Title:
  making link from Nautilus doesn't use the correct working directory

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/774312/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1317752] Re: Right-clicking a file, choosing "Open With -> Other Application" provides no way to run an arbitrary command on the file

2018-03-13 Thread Simon Quigley
** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)
   Status: Confirmed => Won't Fix

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to nautilus in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1317752

Title:
  Right-clicking a file, choosing "Open With -> Other Application"
  provides no way to run an arbitrary command on the file

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1317752/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1740150] Re: Allow GTK theming for Ubuntu Budgie

2018-03-06 Thread Simon Quigley
Since Tim said the patch looks good, sponsoring.

Thanks!

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1740150

Title:
  Allow GTK theming for Ubuntu Budgie

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screensaver/+bug/1740150/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1629251] Re: Some app-indicators not showing menus

2018-03-02 Thread Simon Quigley
> Unity is dead; nobody will spend time about it.

You're wrong there, Unity is still maintained and will be for the rest
of the 16.04 cycle at minimum.

Also, about the "mixed install" part of this, that shouldn't matter, as
this is reported against appmenu-qt.

Please, stop marking the status to Invalid. Let's keep it at New where
it belongs.

** Changed in: appmenu-qt (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => New

** Changed in: gnome-session (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => New

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1629251

Title:
  Some app-indicators not showing menus

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/appmenu-qt/+bug/1629251/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1740150] Re: Allow GTK theming for Ubuntu Budgie

2018-03-02 Thread Simon Quigley
I'm subscribing Jeremy Bicha for a review because he is the last
uploader of this package.

Thanks, and sorry for the delay!

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1740150

Title:
  Allow GTK theming for Ubuntu Budgie

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-screensaver/+bug/1740150/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1663011] Re: package libpam-systemd:i386 231-9ubuntu3 failed to install/upgrade: subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 128

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to systemd in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1663011

Title:
  package libpam-systemd:i386 231-9ubuntu3 failed to install/upgrade:
  subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit
  status 128

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1663011/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1662281] Re: Firefox shows post-crash page after reboot or logoff

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

** Changed in: gnome-session (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1662281

Title:
  Firefox shows post-crash page after reboot or logoff

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-session/+bug/1662281/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1631725] Re: gedit crashed with SIGSEGV in g_menu_model_get_n_items()

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: gedit (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

** Changed in: gedit-latex-plugin (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

** Changed in: gedit-plugins (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gedit-plugins in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1631725

Title:
  gedit crashed with SIGSEGV in g_menu_model_get_n_items()

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gedit/+bug/1631725/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1665099] Re: package libnss-resolve:amd64 231-9ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: O pacote está num mau estado de inconsistência; deve reinstala-lo antes de tentar configura-lo.

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to systemd in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1665099

Title:
  package libnss-resolve:amd64 231-9ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: O
  pacote está num mau estado de inconsistência; deve  reinstala-lo antes
  de tentar configura-lo.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1665099/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1664526] Re: Evolution crashes upon launch

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: evolution (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1664526

Title:
  Evolution crashes upon launch

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/1664526/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1665501] Re: file transfer in nautilus slows grossly over a couple of minutes

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to nautilus in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1665501

Title:
  file transfer in nautilus slows grossly over a couple of minutes

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1665501/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1667972] Re: package udev 231-9ubuntu3 failed to install/upgrade: sub-processo script post-installation instalado retornou estado de saída de erro 1

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to systemd in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1667972

Title:
  package udev 231-9ubuntu3 failed to install/upgrade: sub-processo
  script post-installation instalado retornou estado de saída de erro 1

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1667972/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1668016] Re: package libedataserver-1.2-22 (not installed) failed to install/upgrade: no se pudieron copiar los datos extraídos de './usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libedataserver-1.2.so.22.0.0' a '/us

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: evolution-data-server (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to evolution-data-server in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1668016

Title:
  package libedataserver-1.2-22 (not installed) failed to
  install/upgrade: no se pudieron copiar los datos extraídos de
  './usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libedataserver-1.2.so.22.0.0' a
  '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libedataserver-1.2.so.22.0.0.dpkg-new': fin
  de fichero o de flujo inesperado

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution-data-server/+bug/1668016/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1629251] Re: Some app-indicators not showing menus

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: appmenu-qt (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

** Changed in: gnome-session (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1629251

Title:
  Some app-indicators not showing menus

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/appmenu-qt/+bug/1629251/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1671280] Re: package desktop-file-utils 0.23-1ubuntu1.1 failed to install/upgrade: end of file on stdin at conffile prompt

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: desktop-file-utils (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to desktop-file-utils in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1671280

Title:
  package desktop-file-utils 0.23-1ubuntu1.1 failed to install/upgrade:
  end of file on stdin at conffile prompt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/desktop-file-utils/+bug/1671280/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1670003] Re: package iio-sensor-proxy 1.3-1ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: end of file on stdin at conffile prompt

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: iio-sensor-proxy (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to iio-sensor-proxy in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1670003

Title:
  package iio-sensor-proxy 1.3-1ubuntu2 failed to install/upgrade: end
  of file on stdin at conffile prompt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/iio-sensor-proxy/+bug/1670003/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1672321] Re: systemd renders its own debug console unusable

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to systemd in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1672321

Title:
  systemd renders its own debug console unusable

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1672321/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1681336] Re: terminal shows window contents video with lag and glitches

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: gnome-terminal (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1681336

Title:
  terminal shows window contents video with lag and glitches

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+bug/1681336/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1676977] Re: Login prompt never presented with ldap login and ldapi set with a name.

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
** Changed in: libpam-ldap (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

** Changed in: libpam-ldap (Ubuntu)
   Status: Incomplete => New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to accountsservice in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1676977

Title:
  Login prompt never presented with ldap login and ldapi set with a
  name.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/accountsservice/+bug/1676977/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1683207] Re: package gconf2 3.2.6-3ubuntu7 failed to install/upgrade: dependency problems - leaving triggers unprocessed

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: gconf (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gconf in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1683207

Title:
  package gconf2 3.2.6-3ubuntu7 failed to install/upgrade: dependency
  problems - leaving triggers unprocessed

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gconf/+bug/1683207/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1687864] Re: auto-login and "privacy -> auto screen lock -> disable" do not work

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10 or 16.04?

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1687864

Title:
  auto-login and "privacy -> auto screen lock -> disable" do not work

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1687864/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1698688] Re: DNS resolution stopped working suddenly

2018-03-01 Thread Simon Quigley
Marking as Invalid because the release is EOL is not correct. Marking as 
Incomplete. Also, 18.04 is (at the time of writing) still in development, and 
you should expect some breakage.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Release_has_reached_End_of_Life_.28EOL.29

Reporter, is this still present on 17.10?

** Changed in: systemd (Ubuntu)
   Status: Invalid => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to systemd in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1698688

Title:
  DNS resolution stopped working suddenly

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1698688/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1747556] Re: Can't install any program, either via terminal or software centre

2018-02-06 Thread Simon Quigley
** Also affects: gnome-software (Ubuntu)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** No longer affects: lubuntu-next

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1747556

Title:
  Can't install any program, either via terminal or software centre

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-software/+bug/1747556/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1747345] Re: Software Centre - initial dialogue box disappears by itself, and error message appears

2018-02-04 Thread Simon Quigley
** Also affects: gnome-software (Ubuntu)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** No longer affects: lubuntu-next

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1747345

Title:
  Software Centre - initial dialogue box disappears by itself, and error
  message appears

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-software/+bug/1747345/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1574278] Re: AbiWord text cursor starts to flicker after adding some text

2017-09-30 Thread Simon Quigley
** No longer affects: lubuntu-artwork (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu)

** No longer affects: gtk+3.0 (Ubuntu Xenial)

** No longer affects: lubuntu-artwork (Ubuntu Xenial)

** Also affects: abiword (Ubuntu Artful)
   Importance: High
   Status: Confirmed

** Also affects: abiword (Ubuntu Zesty)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** Changed in: abiword (Ubuntu Zesty)
   Importance: Undecided => High

** Changed in: abiword (Ubuntu Artful)
   Status: Confirmed => In Progress

** Changed in: abiword (Ubuntu Zesty)
   Status: New => Confirmed

** Changed in: abiword (Ubuntu Xenial)
   Status: In Progress => Confirmed

** Changed in: abiword (Ubuntu Artful)
 Assignee: (unassigned) => Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)

** Changed in: abiword (Ubuntu Zesty)
 Assignee: (unassigned) => Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1574278

Title:
  AbiWord text cursor starts to flicker after adding some text

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/abiword/+bug/1574278/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1699216] Re: Encrypted home support

2017-09-05 Thread Simon Quigley
@Jeremy:

If you get a Feature Freeze Exception as defined here[1] or an ack from
a member of the release team, I'll be happy to get it uploaded for you.

I want to upload your patches, I just don't want to break freeze and
have to apologize to the release team... sorry. :/

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1699216

Title:
  Encrypted home support

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/accountsservice/+bug/1699216/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1673258] Re: Remove aptdaemon and drop or port its reverse-dependencies

2017-09-01 Thread Simon Quigley
The Lubuntu Software Center has not been updated for several cycles and
we don't even ship with it by default any more.

On behalf of the Lubuntu Team, I'd like to request that src:lubuntu-
software-center be removed from Artful. Subscribing the Archive
Administrators Team.

Reverse depends:
$ reverse-depends src:lubuntu-software-center
No reverse dependencies found

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1673258

Title:
  Remove aptdaemon and drop or port its reverse-dependencies

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/aptdaemon/+bug/1673258/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1714596] Re: PDF images are blank

2017-09-01 Thread Simon Quigley
It doesn't seem like Fedora Rawhide has any (new) patches modifying
poppler at all: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/poppler/tree/f27

There also doesn't seem to be any relevant patches in the Ubuntu
packaging...

Otherwise, I can reproduce.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to poppler in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1714596

Title:
  PDF images are blank

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/poppler/+bug/1714596/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1699216] Re: Encrypted home support

2017-08-30 Thread Simon Quigley
Unfortunately it doesn't look like it made it in in time for Feature
Freeze... a Feature Freeze Exception can be written, otherwise this will
have to wait until next cycle.

Thanks!

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1699216

Title:
  Encrypted home support

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/accountsservice/+bug/1699216/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1297849] Re: [SRU] Virtual private network connection fails after distribution upgrade due to outdated Network Manager configuration files

2017-08-30 Thread Simon Quigley
** Also affects: network-manager-openvpn (Ubuntu Utopic)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** Also affects: network-manager-vpnc (Ubuntu Utopic)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** Also affects: network-manager-applet (Ubuntu Utopic)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** Also affects: network-manager-openconnect (Ubuntu Utopic)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** No longer affects: network-manager-applet (Ubuntu Utopic)

** No longer affects: network-manager-openconnect (Ubuntu Utopic)

** No longer affects: network-manager-openvpn (Ubuntu Utopic)

** No longer affects: network-manager-vpnc (Ubuntu Utopic)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to network-manager-openvpn in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1297849

Title:
  [SRU] Virtual private network connection fails after distribution
  upgrade due to outdated Network Manager configuration files

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/+bug/1297849/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1652466] Re: Totem can't play videos on Gallium graphics without mesa-va-drivers

2017-08-30 Thread Simon Quigley
Uploaded to Xenial, it's in the Unapproved queue now.

Unsubscribing ~ubuntu-sponsors as there's nothing left to do. Feel free
to resubscribe ~ubuntu-sponsors if this was done in error.

Thank you for your contribution to Ubuntu!

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1652466

Title:
  Totem can't play videos on Gallium graphics without mesa-va-drivers

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/+bug/1652466/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1652466] Re: Totem can't play videos on Gallium graphics without mesa-va-drivers

2017-08-30 Thread Simon Quigley
** Also affects: totem (Ubuntu Xenial)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** Also affects: libva (Ubuntu Xenial)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1652466

Title:
  Totem can't play videos on Gallium graphics without mesa-va-drivers

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/+bug/1652466/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1680008] Re: Desktop name order in XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP for Unity

2017-08-30 Thread Simon Quigley
This fix might not be needed due to the switch to GNOME in Ubuntu 17.10.
Also, the patch provided is not in debdiff format. If this fix is
relevant for Ubuntu 17.10, please attach a debdiff and resubscribe
~ubuntu-sponsors.

Unsubscribing ~ubuntu-sponsors as there's nothing left to do.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-session in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1680008

Title:
  Desktop name order in XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP for Unity

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-session/+bug/1680008/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1133477] Re: [SRU] cut-n-paste move files got stuck forever

2017-08-20 Thread Simon Quigley
This has been verification-done since Comment #61, ignore this. :)

** Tags removed: verification-needed
** Tags added: verification-done

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1133477

Title:
  [SRU] cut-n-paste move files got stuck forever

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/caja/+bug/1133477/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1680045] Re: AbiWord opens 2 transparent windows on top

2017-08-17 Thread Simon Quigley
Hello,

Is this still a problem you have today? I am unable to reproduce this on
a Lubuntu 17.04 install.

If you are still having this problem, please feel free to re-open this
bug.

Thank you!

** Changed in: abiword (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Invalid

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+3.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1680045

Title:
  AbiWord opens 2 transparent windows on top

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1680045/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1133477] Re: [SRU] cut-n-paste move files got stuck forever

2017-08-09 Thread Simon Quigley
** Description changed:

  [Impact]
  Without these fixes, copying any more than a few files in several file 
managers including but not limited to Nautilus and Caja either completely 
freezes up the file manager (if this happens with a Cut and Paste, it destroys 
user data by leaving files half moved) or slows it down to a crawl. These bugs 
are not found when using the mv command in the terminal, which will copy the 
files in a couple of seconds at maximum. This is a nightmare for people who 
want to Cut and Paste a lot of files and who need to do it quickly.
  
  [Test Case]
  Either find some files that you would be OK losing (or have a backup for) or 
create the files yourself. You can run the following command to generate 1024 
empty 1 MB files (do this in an empty directory, where you have at least 1 GB 
of free space), which is a valid way to reproduce this bug:
  
  i=1 && while [ $i -lt 1025 ]; do dd if=/dev/zero of=$i bs=4k
  iflag=fullblock,count_bytes count=1M; i=$[$i+1]; done
  
  (Credit to https://stackoverflow.com/a/11779492/4123313 and
  http://tldp.org/LDP/Bash-Beginners-Guide/html/sect_09_02.html - also,
  neither truncate or fallocate are used because the bug cannot be
  reproduced when using those tools, my theory is that with dd it actually
  writes the zeroes, with those tools, they say they wrote the zeroes to
  the filesystems but it seems they actually didn't (something along the
  lines of that), although I could be wrong)
  
  If you open Nautilus or Caja, and Cut and Paste these 1024 files
  somewhere else, the transfer will slow to a crawl, and in one instance
  where I tried this with 1024 empty 512 MB files, Nautilus actually
  crashed. This is very different to using mv in the terminal before doing
  it in the file manager, which transfers these files flawlessly.
  
  Once this fix is applied and I recreate these files, the transfer in
  Nautilus and Caja is almost as fast as using mv (I'd say within a
  second), which is what should happen.
  
  [Breakdown of the patches and the regression potential for each]
- First, I'd like to thank levien for providing the bug report and the patch 
links to fix this. Without that, it would have been a bit more work to hunt 
down which patches are applicable.
+ First, I'd like to thank levien for providing the patch links to fix this. 
Without that, it would have been a bit more work to hunt down which patches are 
applicable.
  
  lp1133477-metadata-use-sequences-instead-of-lists.patch:
  Patch Description: The metabuilder stores files and data in sorted lists. An 
insertion into a sorted list is done in linear time, which highly affects 
efficiency. In order to fix this, use GSequence instead which does insertion 
and deletion in logarithmic time.
  
  This patch is in here because it helps with a large amount of files.
  Regardless if the files are 1 MB or 10 GB, the sorting of the files to
  be moved/copied is inefficient. This addresses part of the problem by
  making sure large amount of files can be dealt with efficiently. The
  regression potential for this is low, and the only case that I can see
  where a package would regress is a file manager that depends on (not
  100% on this theory but it's a possibility) monitoring the status of the
  list at a given time, and is incompatible with using GSequence. In this
  case, the package would have something peculiar hardcoded, and would
  most likely have an upstream fix that could be backported because this
  fix is in the gvfs release that is already in 17.04 and later (so they
  should have fixed it already). I can't think of a package that does this
  (from what I can tell, it's not sane code if it isn't compatible with
  this change) but if something does regress, it should be trivial to fix.
  
  lp1133477-metadata-use-queues-instead-of-lists.patch:
  Patch Description: Some of the lists used by the metabuilder have items 
appended to them. Appending to a list is done in linear time and this highly 
affects efficiency. In order to fix this, use GQueue which supports appending 
in constant time.
  
  This patch is extremely similar in function to the last one, but this
  one addresses items appended to a list instead of files and data in
  sorted lists. As such, the regression potential is similar (low) because
  it would involve a package hardcoding some things that are incompatible
  with GQueue, and would most likely have an upstream fix that could be
  backported because this fix is in the gvfs release that is already in
  17.04 and later (so they should have fixed it already). I can't think of
  a package that does this (from what I can tell, it's not sane code if it
  isn't compatible with this change) but if something does regress, it
  should be trivial to fix.
  
  lp1133477-metadata-fix-bogus-condition.patch:
  Patch Description: The file->children condition is always true at this point, 
child->children should be there instead in order to speed up processing. This 

[Bug 1133477] Re: [SRU] cut-n-paste move files got stuck forever

2017-08-04 Thread Simon Quigley
> 1.28.4 includes the fixing commit.

I have just checked, and the new upstream release only contains
lp1133477-client-use-sync-methods-instead-of-flushing-dbus.patch, which
fixes the Nautilus crash, but doesn't fix the entire bug, which is that
file moving is extremely slow with more than a couple of files.

So yes, while it would be helpful to make sure people don't lose data, I
still think *all* of these patches are still needed.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1133477

Title:
  [SRU] cut-n-paste move files got stuck forever

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/caja/+bug/1133477/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1133477] Re: [SRU] cut-n-paste move files got stuck forever

2017-08-04 Thread Simon Quigley
** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)
   Status: Incomplete => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1133477

Title:
  [SRU] cut-n-paste move files got stuck forever

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/caja/+bug/1133477/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1133477] Re: [SRU] cut-n-paste move files got stuck forever

2017-08-04 Thread Simon Quigley
I have also uploaded my patch to ppa:tsimonq2/universe-upload-testing
and have tested it myself, it works 100% as intended from my testing.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1133477

Title:
  [SRU] cut-n-paste move files got stuck forever

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/caja/+bug/1133477/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1133477] Re: cut-n-paste move files got stuck forever

2017-08-04 Thread Simon Quigley
Attached is a debdiff for Xenial applicable to 1.28.2-1ubuntu1~16.04.1.

** Description changed:

+ [Impact]
+ Without these fixes, copying any more than a few files in several file 
managers including but not limited to Nautilus and Caja either completely 
freezes up the file manager (if this happens with a Cut and Paste, it destroys 
user data by leaving files half moved) or slows it down to a crawl. These bugs 
are not found when using the mv command in the terminal, which will copy the 
files in a couple of seconds at maximum. This is a nightmare for people who 
want to Cut and Paste a lot of files and who need to do it quickly.
+ 
+ [Test Case]
+ Either find some files that you would be OK losing (or have a backup for) or 
create the files yourself. You can run the following command to generate 1024 
empty 1 MB files (do this in an empty directory, where you have at least 1 GB 
of free space), which is a valid way to reproduce this bug:
+ 
+ i=1 && while [ $i -lt 1025 ]; do dd if=/dev/zero of=$i bs=4k
+ iflag=fullblock,count_bytes count=1M; i=$[$i+1]; done
+ 
+ (Credit to https://stackoverflow.com/a/11779492/4123313 and
+ http://tldp.org/LDP/Bash-Beginners-Guide/html/sect_09_02.html - also,
+ neither truncate or fallocate are used because the bug cannot be
+ reproduced when using those tools, my theory is that with dd it actually
+ writes the zeroes, with those tools, they say they wrote the zeroes to
+ the filesystems but it seems they actually didn't (something along the
+ lines of that), although I could be wrong)
+ 
+ If you open Nautilus or Caja, and Cut and Paste these 1024 files
+ somewhere else, the transfer will slow to a crawl, and in one instance
+ where I tried this with 1024 empty 512 MB files, Nautilus actually
+ crashed. This is very different to using mv in the terminal before doing
+ it in the file manager, which transfers these files flawlessly.
+ 
+ Once this fix is applied and I recreate these files, the transfer in
+ Nautilus and Caja is almost as fast as using mv (I'd say within a
+ second), which is what should happen.
+ 
+ [Breakdown of the patches and the regression potential for each]
+ First, I'd like to thank levien for providing the bug report and the patch 
links to fix this. Without that, it would have been a bit more work to hunt 
down which patches are applicable.
+ 
+ lp1133477-metadata-use-sequences-instead-of-lists.patch:
+ Patch Description: The metabuilder stores files and data in sorted lists. An 
insertion into a sorted list is done in linear time, which highly affects 
efficiency. In order to fix this, use GSequence instead which does insertion 
and deletion in logarithmic time.
+ 
+ This patch is in here because it helps with a large amount of files.
+ Regardless if the files are 1 MB or 10 GB, the sorting of the files to
+ be moved/copied is inefficient. This addresses part of the problem by
+ making sure large amount of files can be dealt with efficiently. The
+ regression potential for this is low, and the only case that I can see
+ where a package would regress is a file manager that depends on (not
+ 100% on this theory but it's a possibility) monitoring the status of the
+ list at a given time, and is incompatible with using GSequence. In this
+ case, the package would have something peculiar hardcoded, and would
+ most likely have an upstream fix that could be backported because this
+ fix is in the gvfs release that is already in 17.04 and later (so they
+ should have fixed it already). I can't think of a package that does this
+ (from what I can tell, it's not sane code if it isn't compatible with
+ this change) but if something does regress, it should be trivial to fix.
+ 
+ lp1133477-metadata-use-queues-instead-of-lists.patch:
+ Patch Description: Some of the lists used by the metabuilder have items 
appended to them. Appending to a list is done in linear time and this highly 
affects efficiency. In order to fix this, use GQueue which supports appending 
in constant time.
+ 
+ This patch is extremely similar in function to the last one, but this
+ one addresses items appended to a list instead of files and data in
+ sorted lists. As such, the regression potential is similar (low) because
+ it would involve a package hardcoding some things that are incompatible
+ with GQueue, and would most likely have an upstream fix that could be
+ backported because this fix is in the gvfs release that is already in
+ 17.04 and later (so they should have fixed it already). I can't think of
+ a package that does this (from what I can tell, it's not sane code if it
+ isn't compatible with this change) but if something does regress, it
+ should be trivial to fix.
+ 
+ lp1133477-metadata-fix-bogus-condition.patch:
+ Patch Description: The file->children condition is always true at this point, 
child->children should be there instead in order to speed up processing. This 
fix doesn't affect the functionality, it just slightly improves processing.
+ 
+ This is a 

[Bug 1133477] Re: cut-n-paste move files got stuck forever

2017-08-03 Thread Simon Quigley
This honestly is an awful bug that I really really want to see fixed.

I'll play with some fixes.

** Also affects: gvfs (Ubuntu)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

** Changed in: gvfs (Ubuntu)
 Assignee: (unassigned) => Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)

** Changed in: gvfs (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => In Progress

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1133477

Title:
  cut-n-paste move files got stuck forever

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/caja/+bug/1133477/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1641912] Re: Please backport two recent-manager patches

2017-08-02 Thread Simon Quigley
** Tags removed: verification-needed yakkety
** Tags added: artful

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1641912

Title:
  Please backport two recent-manager patches

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/1641912/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1641912] Re: Please backport two recent-manager patches

2017-08-02 Thread Simon Quigley
Hello Łukasz!

I have updated the bug report to follow the SRU documentation
(apologies, I spaced filling out the bug report).

** Description changed:

+ [Impact]
+ 
+ Without these fixes, a specially crafted GTK program can cause a Denial
+ of Service attack on any machine with open GTK programs.
+ 
+ [Test Case]
+ 
+ In the GitHub issue against mate-panel, an individual with the GitHub
+ username clbr wrote a Proof of Concept that can be used to demonstrate
+ that this bug is affecting the system, and this is found here:
+ http://pastebin.ca/3733209
+ 
+ The commenter reports that the Proof of Concept can be built with the 
following command:
+ gcc -o killer killer.c `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`
+ 
+ [Regression Potential]
+ 
+ This fix has been uploaded to Artful and has passed to artful-release,
+ causing no installability problems or autopkgtest regressions.
+ 
+ As for the fix itself, there was already a regression spotted, but the
+ patch fixing that regression has been spotted and also fixed in this
+ upload. Since it is putting a limit on the list's size, although this is
+ highly unlikely at this point in time, epgfm on the GitHub issue points
+ out the following:
+ 
+ "...
+ 
+ However, the incoming fix set a large number of items (1000) as a hard
+ limit.
+ 
+ ...
+ 
+ Does an application really needs to store 1K recent files? I think even
+ the badassest screen you can possibly buy now wouldn't have enough
+ vertical space to display them all."
+ 
+ Should there be the unlikely event that a program needs to use that many
+ recent files, the program will have some issues, but that is a bug in
+ the program that needs to use that many recent files, not GTK itself.
+ 
+ tl;dr low regression potential, where there will be regressions is
+ excessively large GTK programs, but that is a bug in the program itself
+ for taking up that much space, not GTK.
+ 
+ [Original Description]
+ 
  
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?h=gtk-2-24=a3b2d6a65be9f592de9570c227df00f910167e9e
  
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+/commit/?h=gtk-2-24=35871edb318083b2d7e4758cbdaad6109eed60ca
  
  Please apply/backport these two patches from the 2.24 branch. They fix a 
memory DOS, originally reported against mate-panel here:
  https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-panel/issues/479
  
  For the GTK3 version of this bug, see bug 1641914
  Note that MATE is GTK2 only for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1641912

Title:
  Please backport two recent-manager patches

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/1641912/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1707078] Re: Add build dependency on gnome-common to fix FTBFS

2017-07-28 Thread Simon Quigley
Good point, I didn't happen to check if it needed a merge before getting
a debdiff for it (made a note for the future).

I think the best action is just simply to do a merge, so attached is a
debdiff for Artful applicable to 2.30.7-5.1.

Thanks for your time Sebastian!

** Patch added: "1-2.30.7-5.1ubuntu1.debdiff"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libwnck/+bug/1707078/+attachment/4922887/+files/1-2.30.7-5.1ubuntu1.debdiff

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to libwnck in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1707078

Title:
  Add build dependency on gnome-common to fix FTBFS

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libwnck/+bug/1707078/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1707078] Re: Add build dependency on gnome-common to fix FTBFS

2017-07-27 Thread Simon Quigley
Attached is a debdiff for Artful applicable to 2.30.7-5.

** Patch added: "1-2.30.7-5ubuntu3.debdiff"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libwnck/+bug/1707078/+attachment/4922694/+files/1-2.30.7-5ubuntu3.debdiff

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to libwnck in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1707078

Title:
  Add build dependency on gnome-common to fix FTBFS

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libwnck/+bug/1707078/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1707078] [NEW] Add build dependency on gnome-common to fix FTBFS

2017-07-27 Thread Simon Quigley
Public bug reported:

When building this package, I have gotten the following build errors:

/<>/./configure: line 3052: GNOME_COMMON_INIT: command not found
/<>/./configure: line 3053: GNOME_MAINTAINER_MODE_DEFINES: command 
not found

This is solved by adding a build dependency on gnome-common.

** Affects: libwnck (Ubuntu)
 Importance: Undecided
     Assignee: Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)
 Status: In Progress

** Changed in: libwnck (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => In Progress

** Changed in: libwnck (Ubuntu)
 Assignee: (unassigned) => Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to libwnck in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1707078

Title:
  Add build dependency on gnome-common to fix FTBFS

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libwnck/+bug/1707078/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1641912] Re: Please backport two recent-manager patches

2017-07-27 Thread Simon Quigley
** Changed in: gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu Zesty)
 Assignee: (unassigned) => Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1641912

Title:
  Please backport two recent-manager patches

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/1641912/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1641912] Re: Please backport two recent-manager patches

2017-07-20 Thread Simon Quigley
Attached is a debdiff for Zesty applicable to 2.24.31-1ubuntu1.

** Patch added: "1-2.24.31-1ubuntu1.1.debdiff"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/1641912/+attachment/4918516/+files/1-2.24.31-1ubuntu1.1.debdiff

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1641912

Title:
  Please backport two recent-manager patches

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/1641912/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1641912] Re: Please backport two recent-manager patches

2017-07-20 Thread Simon Quigley
Attached is a debdiff for Artful applicable to 2.24.31-1ubuntu1.

** Patch added: "1-2.24.31-1ubuntu2.debdiff"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/1641912/+attachment/4918517/+files/1-2.24.31-1ubuntu2.debdiff

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1641912

Title:
  Please backport two recent-manager patches

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/1641912/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1641912] Re: Please backport two recent-manager patches

2017-07-20 Thread Simon Quigley
Attached is a debdiff for Xenial applicable to 2.24.30-1ubuntu1.16.04.1.

** Patch added: "1-2.24.30-1ubuntu1.16.04.2.debdiff"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gtk+2.0/+bug/1641912/+attachment/4918508/+files/1-2.24.30-1ubuntu1.16.04.2.debdiff

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1641912

Title:
  Please backport two recent-manager patches

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/1641912/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1641912] Re: Please backport two recent-manager patches

2017-07-20 Thread Simon Quigley
** Changed in: gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu Xenial)
 Assignee: (unassigned) => Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)

** Changed in: gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu Xenial)
   Status: Confirmed => In Progress

** Changed in: gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu)
 Assignee: (unassigned) => Simon Quigley (tsimonq2)

** Changed in: gtk+2.0 (Ubuntu)
   Status: Confirmed => In Progress

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1641912

Title:
  Please backport two recent-manager patches

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtk/+bug/1641912/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs


[Bug 1228841] Re: gnome-disks crashed with SIGSEGV in g_dbus_object_get_interface()

2015-10-11 Thread Simon Quigley
Also on wily

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-disk-utility in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1228841

Title:
  gnome-disks crashed with SIGSEGV in g_dbus_object_get_interface()

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-disk-utility/+bug/1228841/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs