[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-30 Thread Daniel van Vugt
** Tags added: rls-bb-incoming

** Summary changed:

- [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first 
attempt. Usually works on the second attempt
+ [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first 
attempt (if starting with Shift key). Usually works on the second attempt

** Description changed:

  Upstream:
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/240
  
- Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt.
- Always works on the second attempt..
+ Workaround:
+ Hit a lower-case key, then backspace, then enter your password.
+ 
+ Original description:
+ Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Always 
works on the second attempt..
  
  This seems to be a new problem, just started today.
  
  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
  Package: gdm3 3.28.0-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-15.16-generic 4.15.15
  Uname: Linux 4.15.0-15-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu5
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Thu Apr 19 11:16:17 2018
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2017-12-12 (127 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Alpha amd64 (20171211)
  SourcePackage: gdm3
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt (if starting with Shift key). Usually works on the
  second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-28 Thread Daniel van Vugt
Oops. We have mutter 3.28.2 now, but not gnome-shell 3.28.2 yet.

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu Bionic)
   Importance: Undecided => High

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu Bionic)
   Status: Confirmed => Triaged

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu Bionic)
 Assignee: Jeremy Bicha (jbicha) => (unassigned)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-28 Thread Daniel van Vugt
mutter (3.28.2-2) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Team upload
  * d/p/frames-Handle-touch-events.patch,
d/p/frames-Make-1st-button-motion-handlers-take-generic-event.patch:
Drop cherry-picked patches that caused a regression (Closes: #899181)

 -- Simon McVittie   Sun, 20 May 2018 15:21:35 +0100

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
   Status: In Progress => Fix Released

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
 Assignee: Jeremy Bicha (jbicha) => (unassigned)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-28 Thread Daniel van Vugt
^^^
This means fix released in 18.10 only right now. Not 18.04.

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
   Status: Fix Released => Triaged

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-27 Thread Kabeer Vohra
Can also confirm bug, when logging in from a reboot, it works fine but
when I show text after locking and unlocking (using windows key + L to
lock) and I show text, it seems that the first 3 letters of my password
are lowercase even though I was holding shift. I can also confirm that
backspacing them all (using ctrl + backspace) and retyping the password
without attempting to log in with the incorrect password works fine.

I am using Gnome 3 on Ubuntu 18.04

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-24 Thread Iain Lane
** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu Bionic)
 Assignee: (unassigned) => Jeremy Bicha (jbicha)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-22 Thread Daniel van Vugt
It sounds like that's expected. The fix and upstream bug report mention
the problem is specific to the Shift key:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/merge_requests/91
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/240

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-22 Thread Neil Woolford
I've just noticed an interesting quirk to this bug; the Caps Lock
modifier key does work for the first character on the first attempt.

That is to say open login screen (by space bar if not already open),
press and release Caps Lock, Caps Lock light now on, very first
character to be typed is now modified to upper case. Caps Lock may then
be turned off.

I wondered why this one modifier does work, and thought that the
modifier key being released before typing the character to be modified
might be significant. So I tried pressing and releasing the normal shift
key before pressing and holding it to modify the first character of the
password. This also worked for me. (It is a little fiddly, so perhaps
others might like to try to confirm that I'm not mistaken?)

So, at the login screen, with the password box open but nothing typed
yet, press and release the (right in my test) shift key, then press and
hold that shift key while typing the first character of the password. I
believe that this will give correct modifier action for the shift key.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-20 Thread ytxmobile
Yes. If you choose "Show Text" in the right-click menu, it shows that
the first letter was entered as a lowercase letter.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-18 Thread Vadim Peretokin
Sorry but this bug report is not for discussion on the best flavour of
Ubuntu - please ask on the forums and don't spam everyone involved in
the discussion.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-18 Thread tsis
and what flavor of ubuntu do you recommend me with less bugs like this

thanks

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-18 Thread Daniel van Vugt
The bug is in gnome-shell, so anything other than that :)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-18 Thread tsis
hello all

Is there any flavor where this serious problem does not occur?

regards

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-17 Thread Daniel van Vugt
Vadim, you might be experiencing a different bug but best to wait and
see if that's true after a fix is released here.

I was hoping we would get the fix as part of Gnome 3.28.2 but I don't
see that coming yet.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-17 Thread Jordan Hollinger
This bug exists in all password prompts throughout the GUI for me:
login, VPN, and gpg (running gnome-session under Wayland). Sometimes
they work on the first attempt, sometimes it takes 10 tries.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-17 Thread Vadim Peretokin
Second time does not work for me - neither the third, nor the tenth.
Once I lock the screen, there is a chance the GNOME environment will
reject all password attempts to lock it and I have to lose all my work
by forcing a restart. This is a very serious problem.

Is there a workaround available?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-13 Thread compagnon
I confirm the bug on Ubuntu 18.04 + Gnome-Shell

It appears only after a locked screen, not at startup.
When I type my password to unlock, the first time always fails.
The second it OK.

If I type any character, then delete all with backspace and retype the 
password, it is OK at the first time.
It seems as it has an invisible character by default.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-11 Thread Launchpad Bug Tracker
Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu Bionic)
   Status: New => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-11 Thread David Oxland
Confirmed by me on 2018-05-11
18.04 Fresh install on 2018-05-05
INTEL NUC BOX7I7BNH
Symptoms the same; re signin.
After a couple of restarts and tries I out-waited it and home screen appeared.
Took 15 min.
Looks normal now

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-10 Thread Will Cooke
** Tags added: unlock

** Also affects: gnome-shell (Ubuntu Bionic)
   Importance: Undecided
   Status: New

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-05-01 Thread Bug Watch Updater
** Changed in: gnome-shell (Fedora)
   Status: Fix Committed => Fix Released

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-04-30 Thread Bug Watch Updater
Launchpad has imported 44 comments from the remote bug at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1569211.

If you reply to an imported comment from within Launchpad, your comment
will be sent to the remote bug automatically. Read more about
Launchpad's inter-bugtracker facilities at
https://help.launchpad.net/InterBugTracking.


On 2018-04-18T19:45:34+00:00 David wrote:

Created attachment 1423716
Journalctl log showing auth failure

Description of problem:
After every reboot the first login attempt fails. At first I assumed I was 
mistyping the password. Then I started slowly pressing one key at a time to 
confirm and it still failed. Same pass on all subsequent tries works, even 
after locking screen.


Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable):
gdm-3.28.1-1.fc28.x86_64


How reproducible:
Every time

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Reboot laptop
2. Select User
3. Enter Password
4. Hit Enter or Click button

Actual results:
Login fails on first try


Expected results:
Login succeeds when correct password is entered

Additional info:
This is an upgrade from Fedora 27

Reply at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
shell/+bug/1765261/comments/0


On 2018-04-21T00:38:09+00:00 David wrote:

Some extra info...

I have noticed that this does actually happen after I lock my screen as
well.

I noticed one more possibly important fact. If I type characters (any
number of characters) of the password in GDM login screen and then
backspace to delete them all... then type in the password and press
enter... it works.

So assume my password is 'MyPass!' (hypothetically), I type 'M' then
backspace to delete that character then proceed to type 'MyPass!' it
will then allow me to log in on the first attempt. Or... I type
'MyPass!' on first attempt (no backspace trick) and it fails... then
type 'MyPass!' on second attempt... it works then too.

This seems very much like the first character is somehow entered wrong,
but then just the act of deleting it and retyping it, or entering the
password a second time it is entered correctly. Maybe libinput issue or
similar?

Reply at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
shell/+bug/1765261/comments/6


On 2018-04-25T04:34:08+00:00 Thomas wrote:

Same here on two different F28 systems.

Reply at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
shell/+bug/1765261/comments/14


On 2018-04-26T02:29:05+00:00 Fedora wrote:

Proposed as a Blocker for 28-final by Fedora user ddreggors using the
blocker tracking app because:

 Fails basic functionality without user intervention. GDM cannot login
on first attempt without trying a second time.

Reply at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
shell/+bug/1765261/comments/15


On 2018-04-26T03:42:58+00:00 Adam wrote:

Haven't seen this in any of my F28 tests so far.

Reply at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
shell/+bug/1765261/comments/16


On 2018-04-26T03:43:45+00:00 Adam wrote:

When you say "Select User", how do you do that exactly?

Reply at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
shell/+bug/1765261/comments/17


On 2018-04-26T03:45:39+00:00 Adam wrote:

Also, what keyboard layout do you use?

Reply at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
shell/+bug/1765261/comments/18


On 2018-04-26T04:39:35+00:00 Thomas wrote:

After reboot there is a list of users. As I'm the only user I just press
"enter" after which I'm asked to enter my password.

However, as the same issue also arises after locking the session, I
don't think the user selection has anything to do with this.

I use a German keyboard layout.

Reply at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
shell/+bug/1765261/comments/19


On 2018-04-26T06:18:55+00:00 sumantro wrote:

I can't reproduce this. I tried regular en-US and upgraded from F27 to
F28 without any issues. I have also checked it for root/created user
across X and Wayland.

Reply at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
shell/+bug/1765261/comments/21


On 2018-04-26T08:00:23+00:00 J. wrote:

Can't reproduce with installation updated from F27 and German keyboard
layout.

Reply at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
shell/+bug/1765261/comments/22


[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-04-30 Thread Daniel van Vugt
** Bug watch added: Red Hat Bugzilla #1569211
   https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1569211

** Also affects: gnome-shell (Fedora) via
   https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1569211
   Importance: Unknown
   Status: Unknown

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-04-29 Thread Daniel van Vugt
Excellent news. Thanks!

Upstream: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/240

** Changed in: gdm3 (Ubuntu)
   Status: Confirmed => Triaged

** Description changed:

+ Upstream:
+ https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/issues/240
+ 
  Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt.
  Always works on the second attempt..
  
  This seems to be a new problem, just started today.
  
  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
  Package: gdm3 3.28.0-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-15.16-generic 4.15.15
  Uname: Linux 4.15.0-15-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu5
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Thu Apr 19 11:16:17 2018
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2017-12-12 (127 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Alpha amd64 (20171211)
  SourcePackage: gdm3
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

** Tags added: fixed-in-3.28.2 fixed-in-3.29.2

** Changed in: gdm3 (Ubuntu)
 Assignee: (unassigned) => Jeremy Bicha (jbicha)

** Package changed: gdm3 (Ubuntu) => gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
   Status: Triaged => In Progress

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-04-29 Thread Michael Catanzaro
This is fixed by https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-
shell/commit/642107a28f9616b5836d6da3b57d9bfc33acc8d0

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm3/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-04-28 Thread Marc Fouquet
After the first (failed) login, I get a purple screen with only the
mouse pointer. In Syslog I found this:

Apr 28 10:28:05  systemd[1]: Started User Manager for UID 1000.
Apr 28 10:28:06  gnome-shell[987]: 
g_dbus_connection_call_sync_internal: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION 
(connection)' failed
Apr 28 10:28:16  pulseaudio[15339]: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: 
GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive 
a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, 
the message bus security policy blocked the re
ply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Apr 28 10:28:28  gnome-shell[987]: g_object_unref: assertion 
'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
Apr 28 10:28:30  gdm3: GdmSession: conversation gdm-password started 
more than once
Apr 28 10:28:30  gnome-shell[987]: JS ERROR: Failed to start 
verification for user: Gio.DBusError: 
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.Failed: Hilfsprozess zur 
Legitimierung konnte nicht erstellt 
werden#012_startService/<@resource:///org/gnome/shell/gdm/util.j
s:436:20
Apr 28 10:28:33  gnome-shell[987]: 
g_dbus_connection_signal_unsubscribe: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION 
(connection)' failed
Apr 28 10:28:33  gnome-shell[987]: 
g_dbus_connection_signal_unsubscribe: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION 
(connection)' failed
Apr 28 10:28:33  gnome-shell[987]: g_object_unref: assertion 
'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
Apr 28 10:28:46  systemd[1]: Started Session 27 of user .
Apr 28 10:28:46  gnome-shell[987]: 
g_dbus_connection_signal_unsubscribe: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION 
(connection)' failed
Apr 28 10:28:46  gnome-shell[987]: 
g_dbus_connection_signal_unsubscribe: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION 
(connection)' failed
Apr 28 10:28:46  gnome-shell[987]: g_object_unref: assertion 
'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm3/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-04-26 Thread Daniel van Vugt
** Changed in: gdm3 (Ubuntu)
   Status: Incomplete => Confirmed

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm3/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-04-26 Thread Xavier Guillot
I have the same problem with Gnome-packagekit : first password attempt
doesn't work (Authentification failure, try again), second is always
successful.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm3/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-04-24 Thread Daniel van Vugt
The bug stopped happening today. Here's what changed:

Start-Date: 2018-04-24  09:15:49
Commandline: apt full-upgrade
Requested-By: dan (1000)
Install: linux-modules-extra-4.15.0-19-generic:amd64 (4.15.0-19.20, automatic), 
linux-modules-4.15.0-19-generic:amd64 (4.15.0-19.20, automatic), 
linux-headers-4.15.0-19-generic:amd64 (4.15.0-19.20, automatic), 
libfastjson4:amd64 (0.99.8-2, automatic), linux-headers-4.15.0-19:amd64 
(4.15.0-19.20, automatic), linux-image-4.15.0-19-generic:amd64 (4.15.0-19.20, 
automatic)
Upgrade: speech-dispatcher-espeak-ng:amd64 (0.8.8-1, 0.8.8-1ubuntu1), 
speech-dispatcher-audio-plugins:amd64 (0.8.8-1, 0.8.8-1ubuntu1), 
netplan.io:amd64 (0.35, 0.36.1), language-pack-gnome-en:amd64 
(1:18.04+20180419, 1:18.04+20180423), linux-headers-generic:amd64 
(4.15.0.15.16, 4.15.0.19.20), linux-libc-dev:amd64 (4.15.0-15.16, 
4.15.0-19.20), liblensfun1:amd64 (0.3.2-3, 0.3.2-4), libspeechd2:amd64 
(0.8.8-1, 0.8.8-1ubuntu1), speech-dispatcher:amd64 (0.8.8-1, 0.8.8-1ubuntu1), 
libsystemd0:amd64 (237-3ubuntu8, 237-3ubuntu10), linux-image-generic:amd64 
(4.15.0.15.16, 4.15.0.19.20), libsystemd-dev:amd64 (237-3ubuntu8, 
237-3ubuntu10), linux-signed-image-generic:amd64 (4.15.0.15.16, 4.15.0.19.20), 
udev:amd64 (237-3ubuntu8, 237-3ubuntu10), language-pack-en:amd64 
(1:18.04+20180419, 1:18.04+20180423), libmpdec2:amd64 (2.4.2-1, 
2.4.2-1ubuntu1), linux-signed-generic:amd64 (4.15.0.15.16, 4.15.0.19.20), 
libudev1:amd64 (237-3ubuntu8, 237-3ubuntu10), rsyslog:amd64 (8.16.0-1ubuntu10, 
8.32.0-1ubuntu3), libxshmfence1:amd64 (1.2-1, 1.3-1), nplan:amd64 (0.35, 
0.36.1), python3-speechd:amd64 (0.8.8-1, 0.8.8-1ubuntu1), libudev-dev:amd64 
(237-3ubuntu8, 237-3ubuntu10), libnss-myhostname:amd64 (237-3ubuntu8, 
237-3ubuntu10), libxshmfence-dev:amd64 (1.2-1, 1.3-1), 
language-pack-gnome-en-base:amd64 (1:18.04+20180419, 1:18.04+20180423), 
systemd-sysv:amd64 (237-3ubuntu8, 237-3ubuntu10), liblensfun-data-v1:amd64 
(0.3.2-3, 0.3.2-4), libpam-systemd:amd64 (237-3ubuntu8, 237-3ubuntu10), 
systemd:amd64 (237-3ubuntu8, 237-3ubuntu10), shim-signed:amd64 
(1.33.1+13-0ubuntu2, 1.34.5+13-0ubuntu2), libnss-systemd:amd64 (237-3ubuntu8, 
237-3ubuntu10), language-pack-en-base:amd64 (1:18.04+20180419, 
1:18.04+20180423), linux-generic:amd64 (4.15.0.15.16, 4.15.0.19.20), 
libabw-0.1-1:amd64 (0.1.1-4ubuntu1, 0.1.2-1ubuntu1)
End-Date: 2018-04-24  09:18:31

Start-Date: 2018-04-24  11:18:57
Commandline: apt full-upgrade
Requested-By: dan (1000)
Upgrade: command-not-found-data:amd64 (18.04.3, 18.04.4), 
python3-commandnotfound:amd64 (18.04.3, 18.04.4), shim-signed:amd64 
(1.34.5+13-0ubuntu2, 1.34.6+13-0ubuntu2), command-not-found:amd64 (18.04.3, 
18.04.4)
End-Date: 2018-04-24  11:19:03

But also I switched monitors. I'm assuming that's not a factor...?

** Changed in: gdm3 (Ubuntu)
   Status: New => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm3/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-04-23 Thread Daniel van Vugt
The good news is that I'm not seeing this bug on most bionic machines.
Only one desktop.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm3/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs

[Bug 1765261] Re: [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

2018-04-23 Thread Daniel van Vugt
** Summary changed:

- Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first attempt. Usually 
works on the second attempt
+ [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on first 
attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

** Tags added: regression

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Desktop Bugs, which is subscribed to gdm3 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1765261

Title:
  [regression] Ubuntu 18.04 login screen rejects a valid password on
  first attempt. Usually works on the second attempt

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm3/+bug/1765261/+subscriptions

-- 
desktop-bugs mailing list
desktop-bugs@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/desktop-bugs