GitHub user cestella opened a pull request:
METRON-1463: Adjust the groupings and shuffles in enrichment to be more
## Contributor Comments
Currently there are some deficiencies in our grouping approach in the
* We have field grouping by key in places where we need LOCAL_OR_SHUFFLE
* We have shuffle groupings in places where we need LOCAL_OR_SHUFFLE
* We have field groupings by key in places where we need field grouping by
message (specifically in the connections from the splitter to the enrichments).
* Field grouping by key, as we had before, ensured that we had fewer
cache hits as opposed to field grouping by message.
To test this, just run things up in full-dev and ensure that data continues
## Pull Request Checklist
Thank you for submitting a contribution to Apache Metron.
Please refer to our [Development
for the complete guide to follow for contributions.
Please refer also to our [Build Verification
for complete smoke testing guides.
In order to streamline the review of the contribution we ask you follow
these guidelines and ask you to double check the following:
### For all changes:
- [x] Is there a JIRA ticket associated with this PR? If not one needs to
be created at [Metron
- [x] Does your PR title start with METRON- where is the JIRA
number you are trying to resolve? Pay particular attention to the hyphen "-"
- [x] Has your PR been rebased against the latest commit within the target
branch (typically master)?
### For code changes:
- [x] Have you included steps to reproduce the behavior or problem that is
being changed or addressed?
- [x] Have you included steps or a guide to how the change may be verified
and tested manually?
- [x] Have you ensured that the full suite of tests and checks have been
executed in the root metron folder via:
mvn -q clean integration-test install &&
- [x] Have you written or updated unit tests and or integration tests to
verify your changes?
- [x] If adding new dependencies to the code, are these dependencies
licensed in a way that is compatible for inclusion under [ASF
- [x] Have you verified the basic functionality of the build by building
and running locally with Vagrant full-dev environment or the equivalent?
### For documentation related changes:
- [x] Have you ensured that format looks appropriate for the output in
which it is rendered by building and verifying the site-book? If not then run
the following commands and the verify changes via
Please ensure that once the PR is submitted, you check travis-ci for build
issues and submit an update to your PR as soon as possible.
It is also recommended that [travis-ci](https://travis-ci.org) is set up
for your personal repository such that your branches are built there before
submitting a pull request.
You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:
$ git pull https://github.com/cestella/incubator-metron
Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:
To close this pull request, make a commit to your master/trunk branch
with (at least) the following in the commit message:
This closes #944
Adjusted groupings to be local or shuffle