Re: [racket-dev] Pre-Release Checklist for v5.1.2

2011-07-24 Thread Michael Sperber

Stephen Chang writes:

   - Stepper Tests

 Printing in the Stepper is broken yet again.  (I get backquote printing
 for the DMdA levels for lists.)  I'll try to fix it Monday or Tuesday.

 Mike, is the DMdA stepper the same as the HtDP stepper? 


 I'm only seeing 1 dmda test in collects/tests/stepper but it doesnt
 have any lists. Can you describe the failing test case?

Pick the DeinProgramm - Die Macht der Abstraktion language.

Type, say 

(list 1 2)

and Step.  You should get 

#list 1 2

printed as an evaluation result (which is how it's printed in the REPL),
instead you get `(1 2).

Help with this would be much appreciated!

Cheers =8-} Mike
Friede, Völkerverständigung und überhaupt blabla
  For list-related administrative tasks:

Re: [racket-dev] Pre-Release Checklist for v5.1.2

2011-07-24 Thread Kathy Gray
On 19 Jul 2011, at 10:16:01, Ryan Culpepper wrote:

 * Kathy Gray
  - Test Engine Tests
  For list-related administrative tasks:

Re: [racket-dev] Pre-Release Checklist for v5.1.2

2011-07-24 Thread Noel Welsh
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 10:16 PM, Ryan Culpepper wrote:
 * Noel Welsh
  - Rackunit Tests
  - SRFI Tests
  - Ensure that all claimed srfi's are in the installer and they all
    load into racket or drracket (as appropriate)


  For list-related administrative tasks:

Re: [racket-dev] [racket-bug] all/11586: Rackunit does not protect itself against errors that kill the thread

2011-07-24 Thread Jay McCarthy
FWIW, there's actually no problems in the server. There were just broken tests.


On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Jay McCarthy wrote:
 I'm replying-all to a thread about an old problem report:

 I've just discovered that the Web server test suite has been failing
 for a very long time.

 There was a test that killed the current thread.

 The text ui for Rackunit does not protect against this or show you it
 has happened, or even that there have been failing tests. Since I run
 my tests from the command line, I've never known, because it's a very
 late test and the suite runs for a long time.

 As an experiment, I tried in the GUI for Rackunit and it does protect itself.

 I found this problem in January just by thinking of funny test
 cases, without even realizing I had a test suite that actually
 exhibited this problem.

 I think this is very bad. I'm working on fixing the Web server now.


  For list-related administrative tasks: