Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-10-02 Thread burjui via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Wednesday, 30 September 2015 at 06:55:47 UTC, Grand_Axe wrote:
I am slightly behind schedule with the coding. The main logic 
is only getting completed today.


The system should be ready for first looks by the 9th of 
October.


Surprise, dlang hacker! :)
Let me guess: you'll spend all October and most likely much more 
time debugging your AI and the result will be far from what you 
promised, assuming you're just too naive and confident, and not 
trying to bullshit us. I'll be the first to apologize if you'll 
*ever* reach your declared goals, let alone 9th October.

Meh


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-30 Thread Grand_Axe via Digitalmars-d-announce
I am slightly behind schedule with the coding. The main logic is 
only getting completed today.


The system should be ready for first looks by the 9th of October.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-30 Thread ketmar via Digitalmars-d-announce
alot of "bla-bla", no scientific publications, a miserable "award 
from microsoft" (really, it's better to have nothing than to have 
*this*), constantly out of schedule...


this is attention whore, boys. nothing to see here, let's go home.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-09 Thread via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 14:47:40 UTC, burjui wrote:
And then GrandAxe pops up with this revolutionary software, 
claiming that Okeuvo company built an AI. However, that claim 
is not supported by anything and reminds me of the Unlimited 
Detail technology by Euclideon, which was announced in a 
similar manner, promising a revolution in graphics rendering. 
As you can see, it's far from it, despite the fact they were 
given $2 million by the Australian government. It seems like 
this revolution takes a little bit more effort, than was 
anticipated :)
And there's no reason to think Okeuvo's technology is different 
in that sense.


Oh well, I believe Manu is working for Euclideon and would like 
to use D for their renderer if it was possible. I like what their 
tech-demos display, but the storage requirements suggest that it 
is more useful for specialized application domains than 
entertainment for now.


Sometimes it can be important to announce something just in order 
to get yourself focused on it, like a start pistol. Maybe 
GrandAxe has some ideas that will lead to something useful for 
end users even if the mechanisms might be simpler than we expect 
them to be.


He only seems to have announced it here and on reddit, so it 
let's assume he is only excited to get started on his mission and 
isn't conducting search engine optimizations by having back links 
from the forums.




Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-09 Thread burjui via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Sunday, 6 September 2015 at 22:49:17 UTC, jqb wrote:

verging on racism with talk of "Nigerian software"


The term has nothing to do with racism. See 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/419_scams
AFAIK, in Russia, my home, this type of scam is commonly known as 
"Nigerian letters": 
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Нигерийские_письма
I assume you're an American, because Americans are obsessed with 
racism and overly sensitive in general, they like to bring such 
things up. Funny fact: in Russia, we call black people negros, 
and it's completely normal, just like calling Chinese or Georgian 
people asian. On the other hand, pointing out skin color _is_ 
racist here, no matter if it's black, yellow or white. All this 
stuff is completely culture-dependent, after all.


On the topic: I agree that being rude is not the way do discuss 
things, especially in an IT community (we strive to be smarter 
than the majority of people, don't we?). But I understand the 
skepticism in comments. Best scientists study inner workings of 
human brain and are working on theory of consciousness if you 
will, but current results are far from even understanding it 
completely, let alone building an AI.


And then GrandAxe pops up with this revolutionary software, 
claiming that Okeuvo company built an AI. However, that claim is 
not supported by anything and reminds me of the Unlimited Detail 
technology by Euclideon, which was announced in a similar manner, 
promising a revolution in graphics rendering. As you can see, 
it's far from it, despite the fact they were given $2 million by 
the Australian government. It seems like this revolution takes a 
little bit more effort, than was anticipated :)
And there's no reason to think Okeuvo's technology is different 
in that sense.


In general, I tend to not trust people, who claim that their 
technology _will_ do this and that, revolutionize something and 
so on. Show me a working technology first, sell it later. 
Otherwise it's nothing but promises, and I'm not interested in 
that, because everybody can create a website and make promises. 
This thread should be posted at the release date, with "will do 
something" replaced by "does something", supported by a working 
demo that anybody can download without giving up their social 
security number, sexual preferences and whatnot. And in this 
particular case, it should be also supported by scientific 
papers, since they claim to solve such a huge scientific problem 
of the 21th century.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-06 Thread anonymous via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Sunday, 6 September 2015 at 09:42:53 UTC, Grand_Axe wrote:

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 21:13:12 UTC, anonymous wrote:

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform 
for the standard implementation of OBI.


What hardware/OS (if any) will you use? Depending on the 
answer: do you plan to submit PR to extend plattform support 
of the compiler as necessary? Compared to your agenda full D 
support on Android/iOS/bare metal may be easy... Anyway a 
large codebase may be a good compiler test for ARM (or 
whatever you use).


A final target platform has not yet been settled, the main 
thrust right now is for a successful demo. However phone OS's 
such as Android (especially) and iOS have the potential to 
throw up nightmare security issues, therefore might not be 
candidates. Also the platform will need to be unnetworked which 
might knock out phone OS's.


The demo will be PC based, after which it will be optimised for 
a number of target processors.


Summary:
1. OBI uses big data
2. no network
3. portable

Conclusion:
OBI runs on a portable device with sufficient resources to 
process big data in realtime (I want OBI to answer immediately) - 
no laptop.


I am looking forward for such a device - I want it as least as 
fast as a XEON cpu, 32 GB+ RAM and a battery life of at least 
several hours.


I guess your demo will be some kind of console-based ELIZA.

"emacs -> M-x doctor" is quite good:)


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-06 Thread Grand_Axe via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 21:13:12 UTC, anonymous wrote:

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform 
for the standard implementation of OBI.


What hardware/OS (if any) will you use? Depending on the 
answer: do you plan to submit PR to extend plattform support of 
the compiler as necessary? Compared to your agenda full D 
support on Android/iOS/bare metal may be easy... Anyway a large 
codebase may be a good compiler test for ARM (or whatever you 
use).


A final target platform has not yet been settled, the main thrust 
right now is for a successful demo. However phone OS's such as 
Android (especially) and iOS have the potential to throw up 
nightmare security issues, therefore might not be candidates. 
Also the platform will need to be unnetworked which might knock 
out phone OS's.


The demo will be PC based, after which it will be optimised for a 
number of target processors.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-06 Thread Grand_Axe via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 20:48:54 UTC, Márcio Martins wrote:

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
at www.okeuvo.com.


Some of its capabilities are:

1. Ability to learn
2. Ability to analyse
3. Problem solving
4. Moral judgement
5. Ability to feel emotions
6. Free will
7. Consciousness
8. Self awareness

D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
with high level syntax and low capabilities, as well as 
excellent performance and being open source.


Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform 
for the standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration 
release is scheduled for the end of this month (September 
2015). The demonstration release will comprehend English prose 
only, later releases will be able to process input from other 
languages, as well as sensory input.

OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

To God be the Glory.

Asame Obiomah


It seems to me that at least 5, 6 are counter-productive, and 
go against the goals stated in your website. Nevermind how 
difficulty it would be to implement them, it seems like you 
haven't thought this through carefully enough.


On the other hand, I'm curious to know why you chose D to make 
this announcement?


Can you expand on why you say 5, 6 are counter-productive? Bear 
in mind that even in human society, free will itself is limited 
in a lot of ways; by laws, customs, traditions, emotions, 
patterns (eg form follows function) etc. It will be the same for 
machines.


I chose D because of its capabilities (previously stated) as well 
as something I did not mention in my initial post; D is an open 
source, community effort not controlled by any major corporation; 
as much as is possible, strong AI should be owned by all so that 
it does not become a menace (cannot be overemphasised).


On the shamelessly selfish side, the choice of D offers me the 
opportunity to finally learn D after skirting the prospect for a 
number of years. :)


There is also the possibility that certain plugins will be 
written in C# since it has a robust query language implementation 
(LINQ) and is now open source too.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-05 Thread H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-announce
On Sat, Sep 05, 2015 at 03:17:40PM +, Paul via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
> On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
> 
> >D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language with high
> >level syntax and low capabilities
> 
> 
> Er, low capabilities???

He probably meant *low-level* capabilities.


T

-- 
What is Matter, what is Mind? Never Mind, it doesn't Matter.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-05 Thread Paul via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:

D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
with high level syntax and low capabilities



Er, low capabilities???


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-04 Thread Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce
On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 09:15:16 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad 
wrote:
On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 15:20:27 UTC, Nick Sabalausky 
wrote:
based on one hell of a gigantic assumption: That consciousness 
is a natural consequence of a sufficiently large neural net. 
It's a fine and interesting idea, but PURELY speculative, with 
zero evidence and not even any way of testing for evidence 
since, like you say, we can't even figure out the first thing 
about consciousness as it relates to ourselves and each other, 
let alone to machines.


Given a large enough table one could encode perceived human 
behaviour with a lookup-table... So all we need is a computer 
program that itself claims to possess consciousness. Would that 
be a scam? Maybe Asame Obiomah is a computer program claiming 
to be a man writing a computer program. Would that make it 
intelligent? Hm.


Maybe he'll come up with something that is more intelligent than 
your average tabloid reader :)))


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-04 Thread via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 10:11:18 UTC, Chris wrote:
Maybe he'll come up with something that is more intelligent 
than your average tabloid reader :)))


You should file a business-patent! That would be goldmine.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-04 Thread Chris via Digitalmars-d-announce
On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 10:43:32 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad 
wrote:

On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 10:11:18 UTC, Chris wrote:
Maybe he'll come up with something that is more intelligent 
than your average tabloid reader :)))


You should file a business-patent! That would be goldmine.


Not really. A tabloid reader can be modeled like this:

immutable TabloidReader tr =
[
  hate:fear,
  fear:hate
];

immutable Opinion ifYouAskMe(gibberish statement) @safe
{
  in
  {
assert(statement == bullsh*t);
  }
  out(result)
  {
assert(result == AbsoluteBullsh*t);
  }
  body
  {
return "I'm not racist, but " ~ statement;
  }
}

So you just need something that is a bit more sophisticated ;)


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-04 Thread via Digitalmars-d-announce
On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 15:20:27 UTC, Nick Sabalausky 
wrote:
based on one hell of a gigantic assumption: That consciousness 
is a natural consequence of a sufficiently large neural net. 
It's a fine and interesting idea, but PURELY speculative, with 
zero evidence and not even any way of testing for evidence 
since, like you say, we can't even figure out the first thing 
about consciousness as it relates to ourselves and each other, 
let alone to machines.


Given a large enough table one could encode perceived human 
behaviour with a lookup-table... So all we need is a computer 
program that itself claims to possess consciousness. Would that 
be a scam? Maybe Asame Obiomah is a computer program claiming to 
be a man writing a computer program. Would that make it 
intelligent? Hm.




Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-04 Thread Guy Gervais via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
at www.okeuvo.com.


Some of its capabilities are:

1. Ability to learn
2. Ability to analyse
3. Problem solving
4. Moral judgement
5. Ability to feel emotions
6. Free will
7. Consciousness
8. Self awareness

D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
with high level syntax and low capabilities, as well as 
excellent performance and being open source.


Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for 
the standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is 
scheduled for the end of this month (September 2015). The 
demonstration release will comprehend English prose only, later 
releases will be able to process input from other languages, as 
well as sensory input.

OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

To God be the Glory.

Asame Obiomah


It's about time TempleOS got a bit of competition. The 
"consciously self-aware, morally judging OBI" VS. "the OS that 
talks with God". One of them might even cry (using the Emotions 
0.91d module and the optional lawn sprinkler attachment).





Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-04 Thread tired_eyes via Digitalmars-d-announce

Not really. A tabloid reader can be modeled like this:



Sounds like a plan. Going to make a website about it. Is this 
code patent-protected btw?


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-04 Thread torhu via Digitalmars-d-announce

On 02.09.2015 16:41, GrandAxe wrote:

This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable
general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called
Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is at
www.okeuvo.com.

Some of its capabilities are:

1. Ability to learn
2. Ability to analyse
3. Problem solving
4. Moral judgement
5. Ability to feel emotions
6. Free will
7. Consciousness
8. Self awareness


Looks like the perfect controller software for my cold fusion powered 
housekeeper/cook android.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-04 Thread via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
at www.okeuvo.com.


Some of its capabilities are:

1. Ability to learn
2. Ability to analyse
3. Problem solving
4. Moral judgement
5. Ability to feel emotions
6. Free will
7. Consciousness
8. Self awareness

D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
with high level syntax and low capabilities, as well as 
excellent performance and being open source.


Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for 
the standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is 
scheduled for the end of this month (September 2015). The 
demonstration release will comprehend English prose only, later 
releases will be able to process input from other languages, as 
well as sensory input.

OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

To God be the Glory.

Asame Obiomah


It seems to me that at least 5, 6 are counter-productive, and go 
against the goals stated in your website. Nevermind how 
difficulty it would be to implement them, it seems like you 
haven't thought this through carefully enough.


On the other hand, I'm curious to know why you chose D to make 
this announcement?


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-03 Thread Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d-announce

On 09/02/2015 11:27 AM, Enamex wrote:


Free will and consciousness?

... Not to be a jerk, but I thought we hadn't settled these problems yet
as they apply to already existing sapient beings, which just happen to
be us. I'm more amused than skeptical, to be honest, given the release
date for a 'demonstration' if it's supposed to have even half of that
list even 1/10th implemented.


My thoughts exactly.

Reminds me of a (print) article I came across one time. It was about the 
idea of AI consciousness, but the whole article was based on one hell of 
a gigantic assumption: That consciousness is a natural consequence of a 
sufficiently large neural net. It's a fine and interesting idea, but 
PURELY speculative, with zero evidence and not even any way of testing 
for evidence since, like you say, we can't even figure out the first 
thing about consciousness as it relates to ourselves and each other, let 
alone to machines.




Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-03 Thread Namal via Digitalmars-d-announce
On my website there is a picture I claim to be of myself at a 
ceremony to receive an award from Microsoft. Surely, it isn't 
that much of a stretch to ask Microsoft if they ever gave a 
certain Asame Obiomah an award, is it?


If there were any doubts left that this is a poor scam attempt 
then this should lift them completely.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-03 Thread Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce

On 9/2/2015 8:20 AM, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

Humpth maybe my evil bytecode dreams for D may be a good use case for it.


I'll be careful not to jeopardize the mission.



Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-03 Thread Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d-announce
On 9/2/15, GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce
 wrote:
> This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable
> general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called
> Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is at
> www.okeuvo.com.

I rate this troll 8 / 10. Many keks were had. Much wow.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-03 Thread The Old One via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
at www.okeuvo.com.


Some of its capabilities are:

1. Ability to learn
2. Ability to analyse
3. Problem solving
4. Moral judgement
5. Ability to feel emotions
6. Free will
7. Consciousness
8. Self awareness


Maybe we should create a new concept: Software from Nigeria.

You only need a fashionable looking website with lofty promises, 
some googlable discussion on a forum for some obscure programming 
language, a mention of patents pending, and maybe an interview on 
some 2nd rate tech site.


What else would you need for credibility to whet the appetite of 
amateur investors, lottery winners, or heirs.




I am certain this is not the last time we will see this kind of 
"entrepreneurship". But it makes me sad to see D dragged into it.




Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-03 Thread Mike James via Digitalmars-d-announce
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 15:20:13 UTC, Rikki Cattermole 
wrote:

On 03/09/15 2:41 AM, GrandAxe wrote:

[...]


To save time maybe I should send my bank details right now... 
Western Union anyone?


--

[...]


That's quite a large set of features, considering the site 
still says 2014 for copyright I am sure it is worthy of being 
doubted.


I on the other hand hope it is indeed real and will succeed!
Would love to have my own digital personal assistant. Not that 
Cortana / Google Now really works for me.


Humpth maybe my evil bytecode dreams for D may be a good use 
case for it. After all, I'm sure being able to evaluate code 
could be quite useful.




Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 15:20:13 UTC, Rikki Cattermole 
wrote:

On 03/09/15 2:41 AM, GrandAxe wrote:
This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
viable general
artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called 
Organic Big

data intelligence (OBI); the website is at www.okeuvo.com.

Some of its capabilities are:

1. Ability to learn
2. Ability to analyse
3. Problem solving
4. Moral judgement
5. Ability to feel emotions
6. Free will
7. Consciousness
8. Self awareness

D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
with high
level syntax and low capabilities, as well as excellent 
performance and

being open source.

Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform 
for the
standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is 
scheduled for
the end of this month (September 2015). The demonstration 
release will
comprehend English prose only, later releases will be able to 
process

input from other languages, as well as sensory input.
OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

To God be the Glory.

Asame Obiomah


That's quite a large set of features, considering the site 
still says 2014 for copyright I am sure it is worthy of being 
doubted.


I on the other hand hope it is indeed real and will succeed!
Would love to have my own digital personal assistant. Not that 
Cortana / Google Now really works for me.


Humpth maybe my evil bytecode dreams for D may be a good use 
case for it. After all, I'm sure being able to evaluate code 
could be quite useful.


Thank you. Right now I am between countries, so my replies might 
be late some of the time.


What I posted is real. No exaggeration.

As for your "evil code", heheh, thats why the emphasis is on 
unnetworked personal devices, we don't need the Matrix. However, 
humanity now has a task to change its predatory ways, but that's 
another long involved discussion.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread Enamex via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
at www.okeuvo.com.


Free will and consciousness?

... Not to be a jerk, but I thought we hadn't settled these 
problems yet as they apply to already existing sapient beings, 
which just happen to be us. I'm more amused than skeptical, to be 
honest, given the release date for a 'demonstration' if it's 
supposed to have even half of that list even 1/10th implemented.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread Andrei Amatuni via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
at www.okeuvo.com.


Some of its capabilities are:

1. Ability to learn
2. Ability to analyse
3. Problem solving
4. Moral judgement
5. Ability to feel emotions
6. Free will
7. Consciousness
8. Self awareness



lmao



Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-announce

On 03/09/15 2:41 AM, GrandAxe wrote:

This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable general
artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called Organic Big
data intelligence (OBI); the website is at www.okeuvo.com.

Some of its capabilities are:

1. Ability to learn
2. Ability to analyse
3. Problem solving
4. Moral judgement
5. Ability to feel emotions
6. Free will
7. Consciousness
8. Self awareness

D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language with high
level syntax and low capabilities, as well as excellent performance and
being open source.

Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for the
standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is scheduled for
the end of this month (September 2015). The demonstration release will
comprehend English prose only, later releases will be able to process
input from other languages, as well as sensory input.
OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

To God be the Glory.

Asame Obiomah


That's quite a large set of features, considering the site still says 
2014 for copyright I am sure it is worthy of being doubted.


I on the other hand hope it is indeed real and will succeed!
Would love to have my own digital personal assistant. Not that Cortana / 
Google Now really works for me.


Humpth maybe my evil bytecode dreams for D may be a good use case for 
it. After all, I'm sure being able to evaluate code could be quite useful.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread Bill Baxter via Digitalmars-d-announce
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 10:10 AM, GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce <
digitalmars-d-announce@puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 15:14:12 UTC, Martin Drašar wrote:
>
>> Dne 2.9.2015 v 16:41 GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce napsal(a):
>>
>>> This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable general
>>> artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called Organic Big data
>>> intelligence (OBI); the website is at www.okeuvo.com.
>>>
>>> Some of its capabilities are:
>>>
>>> 1. Ability to learn
>>> 2. Ability to analyse
>>> 3. Problem solving
>>> 4. Moral judgement
>>> 5. Ability to feel emotions
>>> 6. Free will
>>> 7. Consciousness
>>> 8. Self awareness
>>>
>>> D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language with high
>>> level syntax and low capabilities, as well as excellent performance and
>>> being open source.
>>>
>>> Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for the
>>> standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is scheduled for
>>> the end of this month (September 2015). The demonstration release will
>>> comprehend English prose only, later releases will be able to process
>>> input from other languages, as well as sensory input.
>>> OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.
>>>
>>> To God be the Glory.
>>>
>>> Asame Obiomah
>>>
>>
>> Umm... not that I would not like an AI like this written in D, but this
>> is probably the most extraordinary claim I have seen in some time. And no
>> extraordinary evidence seems to be available.
>>
>> Also, points 4 - 8 scream SCAM! all around. Especially when there is no
>> credible research linked to the name of Asame Obiomah.
>>
>> So, let's just hope that the linked page was not an attack vector and
>> this is not jsut an elaborate social engineering :-)
>>
>> Martin
>>
>
> Scam?! I haven't asked you for a farthing, so what nonsense are you
> talking about?
>

FYI most scams start without asking for money.  That usually comes later.

You build up a reputation and buzz around your mechanical turk or perpetual
motion machine or free energy device or whatever, then eventually make a
pitch to investors to back you.

--bb


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread Martin Drašar via Digitalmars-d-announce
Dne 2.9.2015 v 16:41 GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce napsal(a):
> This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable general
> artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called Organic Big
> data intelligence (OBI); the website is at www.okeuvo.com.
> 
> Some of its capabilities are:
> 
> 1. Ability to learn
> 2. Ability to analyse
> 3. Problem solving
> 4. Moral judgement
> 5. Ability to feel emotions
> 6. Free will
> 7. Consciousness
> 8. Self awareness
> 
> D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language with high
> level syntax and low capabilities, as well as excellent performance and
> being open source.
> 
> Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for the
> standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is scheduled for
> the end of this month (September 2015). The demonstration release will
> comprehend English prose only, later releases will be able to process
> input from other languages, as well as sensory input.
> OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.
> 
> To God be the Glory.
> 
> Asame Obiomah

Umm... not that I would not like an AI like this written in D, but this
is probably the most extraordinary claim I have seen in some time. And
no extraordinary evidence seems to be available.

Also, points 4 - 8 scream SCAM! all around. Especially when there is no
credible research linked to the name of Asame Obiomah.

So, let's just hope that the linked page was not an attack vector and
this is not jsut an elaborate social engineering :-)

Martin



smime.p7s
Description: Elektronicky podpis S/MIME


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce
On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 15:14:12 UTC, Martin Drašar 
wrote:
Dne 2.9.2015 v 16:41 GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce 
napsal(a):
This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
at www.okeuvo.com.


Some of its capabilities are:

1. Ability to learn
2. Ability to analyse
3. Problem solving
4. Moral judgement
5. Ability to feel emotions
6. Free will
7. Consciousness
8. Self awareness

D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
with high level syntax and low capabilities, as well as 
excellent performance and being open source.


Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform 
for the
standard implementation of OBI. A demonstration release is 
scheduled for
the end of this month (September 2015). The demonstration 
release will
comprehend English prose only, later releases will be able to 
process

input from other languages, as well as sensory input.
OBI will be a mixture of open and closed source modules.

To God be the Glory.

Asame Obiomah


Umm... not that I would not like an AI like this written in D, 
but this is probably the most extraordinary claim I have seen 
in some time. And no extraordinary evidence seems to be 
available.


Also, points 4 - 8 scream SCAM! all around. Especially when 
there is no credible research linked to the name of Asame 
Obiomah.


So, let's just hope that the linked page was not an attack 
vector and this is not jsut an elaborate social engineering :-)


Martin


Scam?! I haven't asked you for a farthing, so what nonsense are 
you talking about?


Why not just wait until the end of September before you explore 
the limits of rudeness?
On my website there is a picture I claim to be of myself at a 
ceremony to receive an award from Microsoft. Surely, it isn't 
that much of a stretch to ask Microsoft if they ever gave a 
certain Asame Obiomah an award, is it?


After you have verified that, you can go a step further; no, go 
the whole hog; tell the police that someone is scamming the world 
with the term "patent pending" with which I refer to OBI at 
www.okeuvo.com. Surely, a "clever" sod like you would know that 
it is a crime to abuse the term "patent pending."


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce

On 9/2/15 10:41 AM, GrandAxe wrote:

This is to inform the D Language community that the first viable general
artificial algorithm is being written in D. It is called Organic Big
data intelligence (OBI); the website is at www.okeuvo.com.

Some of its capabilities are:

1. Ability to learn
2. Ability to analyse
3. Problem solving
4. Moral judgement
5. Ability to feel emotions
6. Free will
7. Consciousness
8. Self awareness


Yeah, but can it experience *lack* of self awareness, like most humans?

-Steve


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread tired_eyes via Digitalmars-d-announce

Asame Obiomah


It's a bit difficult to take serious SO huge plan, right now 
there is nothing except almost empty website. "Talk is cheap, 
show me the code!"





Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread BBasile via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
at www.okeuvo.com.


Some of its capabilities are:

1. Ability to learn
2. Ability to analyse
3. Problem solving
4. Moral judgement
5. Ability to feel emotions
6. Free will
7. Consciousness
8. Self awareness

D Language was chosen for its versatility. It is a language 
with high level syntax and low capabilities, as well as 
excellent performance and being open source. God be the Glory.


Asame Obiomah


It's you, you've made it:

http://i.imgur.com/3Z10Dip.png

I've always trusted you. always.


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread Martin Drašar via Digitalmars-d-announce
Dne 2.9.2015 v 19:10 GrandAxe via Digitalmars-d-announce napsal(a):
> Scam?! I haven't asked you for a farthing, so what nonsense are you
> talking about?
> 
> Why not just wait until the end of September before you explore the
> limits of rudeness?

That's just an observation based on experience with projects that
promised the world, yet had not delivered. If your project turns out to
be different, I'll be the first to apologize.

> On my website there is a picture I claim to be of myself at a ceremony
> to receive an award from Microsoft. Surely, it isn't that much of a
> stretch to ask Microsoft if they ever gave a certain Asame Obiomah an
> award, is it?

I have never doubted that you are who you say you are. I am not even
doubting your award. Why would I? I am just saying that there is no
credible research with your name on it.

> After you have verified that, you can go a step further; no, go the
> whole hog; tell the police that someone is scamming the world with the
> term "patent pending" with which I refer to OBI at www.okeuvo.com.
> Surely, a "clever" sod like you would know that it is a crime to abuse
> the term "patent pending."

I do not know that. Then again, I most likely live in a different
country with different take on patents. Here it would probably be a
civil issue, not a criminal one. Also, in a world of software, patents
were awarded for a bunch of stupid things (see 1-click patent), so
having a pending patent does not say that much.

Martin



smime.p7s
Description: Elektronicky podpis S/MIME


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread Martins Avots via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
This is to inform the D Language community that the first 
viable general artificial algorithm is being written in D. It 
is called Organic Big data intelligence (OBI); the website is 
at www.okeuvo.com.


Which practical problems can it solve?
Can it understand a CSP?
Can it solve CSP instances?
Which input format would be used?
Which CSP instances can it solve?


Re: 1st Ever Artificial Consciousness to be Written in D Language

2015-09-02 Thread anonymous via Digitalmars-d-announce

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 at 14:41:20 UTC, GrandAxe wrote:
Unnetworked personal mobile devices are the target platform for 
the standard implementation of OBI.


What hardware/OS (if any) will you use? Depending on the answer: 
do you plan to submit PR to extend plattform support of the 
compiler as necessary? Compared to your agenda full D support on 
Android/iOS/bare metal may be easy... Anyway a large codebase may 
be a good compiler test for ARM (or whatever you use).