Re: Why are (UU)IDs limited to the headline level?

2021-01-18 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
aroz...@gmail.com writes: > I'm just getting into Emacs/Org-Mode. It's clearly an amazing system and > the linking via UUID is very useful. My question is: why is linking by UUID > (and, more generally, the creation of properties drawers) limited to > headlines, and not to sub-elements like list

Re: [PATCH] ob-java, a proposal on import improvement

2021-01-08 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
John Herrlin writes: > I would like to combine imports from header-args with imports from a > source block. > > Here is an example: > > * RxJava > :PROPERTIES: > :header-args: :dir src :results output code > :header-args:java: :cmdline -classpath ./rxjava-1.3.8.jar:src:. :cmpflag >

Bug: [patch] fix: ox-rss died when an entry had an empty date [ ( @ /home/arne/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/)]

2021-01-06 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
92 530 ... 534 535 ... ...) (:export-options nil :back-end ... :translate-alist ... :exported-data # :input-buffer "rss-feed.org" :input-file "/home/arne/Sch..." :description "" ...)) Maybe relevant: I have date enabled in options. #+OPTIONS: date:t Best wishes, Arne

Re: [PATCH] ox-publish.el: Speed up org-publish-cache-file-needs-publishing

2021-01-06 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Kyle Meyer writes: > Nothing jumps out to me. For large files that are already visited, I > suppose find-file-noselect returning an existing buffer can be faster, > so relevant factors would include how many Org files a project has, how > large they are, and how many of those are visited in

Re: proposal: ox-bb, Org exporter for BBCode

2021-01-06 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Christian Garbs via General discussions about Org-mode. writes: > I wrote a simple Org exporter[1] for the BBCode format[2] which is > used in many web forums. > > Is there any interest in including it in Org? From my side there definitely is interest! Thank you for stepping forward! Best

Re: accounting

2021-01-04 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Uwe Brauer writes: > https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-ledger.html > > Points out how to use ledger within org mode. > > Is there any simpler solution? Do you mean simpler accounting in org-mode, or do you mean simpler ledger-integration? You can always tangle your

Re: Is Org really so simple?

2020-11-26 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Ihor Radchenko writes: >> Only philosophy I know is that it is plain text. Is there any official >> philosophy? I have no idea, at least manual does not give me >> references. I cannot find "philosophy", send me references. > > You are right. There is no official "philosophy" in org. In my

Re: One vs many directories

2020-11-25 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Jean Louis writes: > * Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide [2020-11-24 21:48]: >> >> Jean Louis writes: >> >> > Some people maybe access multiple Org files through Agenda, me I >> > don't. Some items are "non existent" and I do not know how to ask &

Re: One vs many directories

2020-11-25 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Jean Louis writes: > * Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide [2020-11-24 21:51]: >> >> Jean Louis writes: >> >> The start of the local variables list should be no more than 3000 >> >> > characters from the end of the file >> >> >> >>

Re: One vs many directories

2020-11-24 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Jean Louis writes: >> The start of the local variables list should be no more than 3000 >> > characters from the end of the file >> >> >> Given the length of the email, I guess this is why Emacs saw the variables >> as being within the correct range. > > Yes thank you. I was thinking Emacs

Re: One vs many directories

2020-11-24 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Jean Louis writes: > Some people maybe access multiple Org files through Agenda, me I > don't. Some items are "non existent" and I do not know how to ask > agenda to refresh itself. Simply press the letter g. For my own setup I run code in a hook to update the agenda whenever I change a TODO

Re: One vs many directories

2020-11-21 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Jean Louis writes: > So in general I never need to use some general search through Org > files or any other files as my way of thinking begins with People or > Groups and that narrows what has to be searched. How do you deal with stuff that applies to several people? > it comfortable. My way

Re: One vs many directories

2020-11-21 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Hi Texas, > Grepping my 94 Mb 6562 files (excluding archive) Textmind for > "elephantine" takes a few seconds, which is fine. For the sake of ruining my argument ( :-) ), you might want to check ripgrep. Searching within 30k files of in total around 150 MiB for ProviderBuilderFactory (guess

Re: One vs many directories

2020-11-21 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Jean Louis writes: > When there are more than 2000 people related notes, tasks, > calculations, questions arise if such better be kept in one Org file > or multiple Org files in one directory or multiple directories for > multiple Org files?! This came up multiple times in discussions. I think

Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

2020-11-17 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Stefan Nobis writes: > "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" writes: > >> Sad story short:... > > I'm with you - last weekend I upgrade my OS and had quite some trouble > to get everything working again and still have some nasty hoops to > jump through. > >

Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

2020-11-16 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Tom Gillespie writes: > with upstream, but it is clear that upstream has done zero testing on > the impact of that change on org-mode (or any other mode for that matter). I think this statement is too hard. If you use org purely for the example usecase (headings with a single content-line) and

Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

2020-11-16 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Tim Cross writes: > There are only two mechanisms by which org-mode is upgraded and as far > as I know, both require that the user either initiates the update or > turns on automatic updates. Your argument would be more compelling for > me if we were talking about updates which occur without

Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

2020-11-16 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Tim Cross writes: > At the same time, us users also need to take on some of the > responsibility and recognise that major version upgrades may break or > change their workflow. If you have a situation where stability of your > environment is critical to your work and your strapped for time so

Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

2020-11-16 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Tom Gillespie writes: > Would it help if major releases maintained a mini-config that if added > to init.el would allow users to retain old behavior? That way they > wouldn't have to read the NEWS but could just add the relevant lines, > or maybe even just call the org-old-default-behavior-9.1

Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

2020-11-16 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Uwe Brauer writes: >> PS: I started to donate to org-mode a few weeks ago when I realized just >> how central it is to my workflows. If it’s the same for you, please >> join up: https://liberapay.com/bzg >> Creating reliable funding for development of essential Free Software >>

Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

2020-11-16 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Tim Cross writes: > I can completely understand your position. However, I wanted to point > out that this change was documented in the org NEWS file, where all > version changes are documented. When upgrading to a new version of org, > everyone should look there, ideally before the upgrade or

Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

2020-11-15 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Kévin Le Gouguec writes: > Before being applied, this change has been discussed on emacs-devel and > emacs-orgmode; it has then been documented in ORG-NEWS. Which other > places do you think we should have reached out to? I don’t think you really had a chance to reach enough people. I’m here

Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

2020-11-15 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Kyle Meyer writes: > So, it seems that changing Org to honor electric-indent-mode is now > making some users aware of org-adapt-indentation and that its default > value is not what they want. I’ve seen before that increasing the depth of a headline with M-→ indents all its content. That was

Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

2020-11-15 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
David Rogers writes: >> Common indenting in Org mode is: >> >> * Heading >> Text >> ** Heading >> Text >> *** Heading text >> Text >> Heading >> Text here >> * Heading >> Text >> ** Heading >> Text >> >> AND if somebody likes to indent differently electric indent mode >> would

Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org

2020-11-02 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Russell Adams writes: > On Sun, Nov 01, 2020 at 05:17:19PM -0800, Ken Mankoff wrote: >> >> To all who argue that Org is too tightly coupled to Emacs to >> consider working with it outside of Emacs, I point to GitHub. The >> fact that GitHub natively renders Org files "well enough" is a huge >>

Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org

2020-11-02 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Daniele Nicolodi writes: > On 02/11/2020 00:10, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote: >> >> Daniele Nicolodi writes: >>> Maybe the standardization should cover only the "static" parts of Org >>> (ie no table formulas, no babel, no agenda, no exporters, et

Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org

2020-11-01 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Daniele Nicolodi writes: > Maybe the standardization should cover only the "static" parts of Org > (ie no table formulas, no babel, no agenda, no exporters, etc). However, > in this case, what is left is little more of a markup language with an > editor that allows sections folding. You can have

Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org

2020-11-01 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Asa Zeren writes: > Also another note is that the worg syntax document does begin to specify > this. My point is to bring this out into a separate document. Why should this be in a separate document? The obvious place for a standard is worg, and the way forward is to improve what’s there. Best

Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org

2020-11-01 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
> see discussion on Mauro's thread about > the fact that it is probably just easier to use Emacs directly if you > need to export > to a certain format in a specific way. It is free software after all. I would like to add, that this is pretty easy to do, and also to make independent of the users

Re: Thoughts on the standardization of Org

2020-10-31 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Asa Zeren writes: > I would appreciate thoughts on these ideas about how to develop and > org specification. The most important point I see here is to avoid hindering the development of org-mode within Emacs. So the most important part of the standard would be areas it doesn’t standardize:

Re: best practices query: non-emacs packages based on tangled source

2020-10-27 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
TRS-80 writes: > Therefore, any stuff I plan on releasing publicly, I do not do in > literate style (JMHO). However if you are dead set on doing literate > paradigm, then maybe my experience is invalid for your use-case. My experience is that literate style works very well for tutorials, but

Re: buffer name of Org Src...

2020-10-13 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Eric S Fraga writes: > On Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020 at 09:27, Greg Minshall wrote: >> yes, but. the first time i 'C-c C-v t' in the base file onto a >> changed-but-uncommitted tangled file, even git will provide me no >> succor. > > True. :-( Don’t you get a "do you want to revert file" warning

Re: [matlab src is always exported to latex!!] (was: org mode with babel source: execute all source blocks, don't export them to latex)

2020-10-13 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Uwe Brauer writes: > That did not work: I tried > #+begin_src matlab :results output > > But when I exported the org file to latex, the matlab code was also > exported. Strange Do you use :exports results? :results output switches to show what is printed to stdout Best wishes, Arne --

Re: buffer name of Org Src...

2020-10-12 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Eric S Fraga writes: > On Monday, 12 Oct 2020 at 18:33, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote: >> That’s also when I tangle — but I often don’t move the code back into >> org afterwards, because once I needed this support once, I know I’ll >> need it again. > > Int

Re: buffer name of Org Src...

2020-10-12 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Eric S Fraga writes: > On Monday, 12 Oct 2020 at 15:39, Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide wrote: >> Did you find a way to make flycheck or flymake work in the src-buffers? > > This is an example of when I use tangling/detangling: when I need this > kind of support to develop my code.

Re: buffer name of Org Src...

2020-10-12 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Greg Minshall writes: > ps -- in case it's of interest: possibly i'm frustrated now, and wasn't > so much in the past, as i recently got annoyed by having to go back to > the base file to save and tangle (part of my work flow, to test whatever > i'm working on), and, so, wrote a few lines of

Re: org-mode time tracking setup integrating with SaaS (Harvest, Toggl, Bonsai etc)

2020-10-10 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Daryl Manning writes: > Has anyone run across a good integration for doing that or has a blog post > on their system particularly where they need to track hours/tasks across a > few clients and projects for consultancy purposes I don’t do consultancy, but we I need to book for multiple

Re: Re Org 9.4 is out. Can you help? // breaking apart Org Mode

2020-09-23 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Bastien writes: >> Rather than a huge refactoring or pushing code back into other Emacs >> modes, my thought was that Org should be trimmed into the "core" of >> Org functions and that other things should be implemented as modules >> available in MELPA outside of the official Org core. That way

Re: Bug: org-capture entry sometimes ends without newline, garbles next headline [9.3.6 (9.3.6-elpa @ /home/arne/Disy/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.3.6/)]

2020-08-29 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Kyle Meyer writes: > Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide writes: > >> Sometimes when I use org-capture to create a new headline, that headline >> ends with a non-empty partial line that isn’t terminated by a newline. >> >> This causes the next headline to be corrup

Bug: org-capture entry sometimes ends without newline, garbles next headline [9.3.6 (9.3.6-elpa @ /home/arne/Disy/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.3.6/)]

2020-08-28 Thread Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide
Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

Re: Bug: Images with link break LaTeX export with centered images [9.3.6 (9.3.6-elpa @ /home/arne/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/)]

2020-05-10 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Nicolas Goaziou writes: >> When I use the syntax for images with link, exporting to LaTeX fails, >> because it uses \begin{center} inside the href: … >> To reproduce: use linked image syntax like this: >> >> >>

Bug: Images with link break LaTeX export with centered images [9.3.6 (9.3.6-elpa @ /home/arne/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/)]

2020-05-10 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

Re: Bug: :completion-function no longer takes a lambda [9.3.6 (9.3.6-elpa @ /home/arne/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/)]

2020-03-30 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Hi Marco, Marco Wahl writes: > Arne Babenhauserheide writes: >> (setq org-publish-project-alist >> '(("guile-basics" >> :base-directory "~/eigenes/py2guile" >> :publishing-directory (concat private-publish-ftp-proj >&

Bug: :completion-function no longer takes a lambda [9.3.6 (9.3.6-elpa @ /home/arne/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/)]

2020-03-30 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Hi, I set up my publishing workflow with org-project using lambdas in the :completion-function, but I now receive errors when I try to publish. Example Setup: (setq org-publish-project-alist '(("guile-basics" :base-directory "~/eigenes/py2guile" :publishing-directory

[no subject]

2020-03-15 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: [PATCH] ox-html: escape & in license magnets In-Reply-To: <87d09dz92a@yandex.com> Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 23:36:37 +0100 References: <87eett7bql@yandex.com> <871rpt9zc4@kyleam.com> <87d09dz92a@yandex.com> References: <87d09dz92a@yandex.com> User-agent: mu4e 1.2.0;

Re: ox.html causes w3c xhtml validation

2020-03-15 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Dear Kyle, Dear Colin, Colin Baxter writes: > >> ./lisp/ox-html.el:235:// @license > >> > magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1f739d935676111cfff4b4693e3816e664797050=gpl-3.0.txt > >> GPL-v3-or-Later > > [...] > >> I think the culprit is commit > >>

Re: Bug: javascript license not recognized by librejs [9.2.6 (9.2.6-elpa @ /home/arne/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d/org-9.2.6/)]

2020-02-11 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Hi Bastien, Thank you very much! Best wishes, Arne Bastien writes: > Hi Arne, > > this is fixed in the master branch -- not in maint, as this is just > a (welcome) enhancement. > > Thanks for suggesting this. -- Unpolitisch sein heißt politisch sein ohne es zu merken

Bug: javascript license not recognized by librejs [9.2.6 (9.2.6-elpa @ /home/arne/.guix-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d/org-9.2.6/)]

2019-11-02 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org mailing list.

Re: [O] Bug: C-u M-x org-footnote-action sort deletes footnotes used in #+include:’d files [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /usr/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/)]

2019-01-03 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
> Arne Babenhauserheide writes: > > > In my setup, it deletes footnote [fn:2]. > > > > Damn, I missed one important part in the ECM: Set > > > > org-footnote-section > > > > to nil. Does it still leave them untouched? > > I still ca

Re: [O] Bug: C-u M-x org-footnote-action sort deletes footnotes used in #+include:’d files [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /usr/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/)]

2019-01-02 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Nicolas Goaziou writes: >> here’s a minimal release. Add it into an org-file, then create main.org >> and sub.org with M-x org-babel-tangle. Finally run the code-block in >> main.org. >> >> #+BEGIN_SRC org :tangle main.org >> ,#+include: sub.org >> >> Here is a footnote[fn:1] >> >> run the

Re: [O] Bug: C-u M-x org-footnote-action sort deletes footnotes used in #+include:’d files [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /usr/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/)]

2018-12-28 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Hi Nicolas, Thank you for your answer! Nicolas Goaziou writes: >> When a file uses #+include: X.org to structure an org-file and the >> included files use footnotes defined in the master file, export works >> without problems, but sorting the footnotes by reference with >> : C-u M-x

[O] Bug: C-u M-x org-footnote-action sort deletes footnotes used in #+include:’d files [8.2.10 (release_8.2.10 @ /usr/share/emacs/25.3/lisp/org/)]

2018-12-27 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

Re: [O] (no subject)

2018-05-03 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Dear Bastien, Thank you for your answer! I’ll check whether the update resolves this. (and I’m sorry for the empty subject, I copied the email from Emacs, since I do not have mail sending from emacs configured at work, and I forgot to copy the subject). Best wishes, Arne Bastien

[O] (no subject)

2018-05-03 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
-03 Do 15:24] => 1:19 :END: https://some.url/foo* Bar Best wishes, Arne Babenhauserheide Emacs : GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.21) of 2017-09-22, modified by Debian Package: Org mode version 9.1.7 (9.1.7-12-g74f6ed-elpa @ /home/babenhauserheide/.emacs.d/e

[O] Bug: s5-export: Improved title template default. [8.2.1 (8.2.1-dist @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/)]

2014-01-10 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

[O] Bug: ox-publish: opaque error message when giving a nonexisting file [8.2.1 (8.2.1-dist @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org-mode/)]

2013-11-25 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

[O] Can I export a file into another target directory by setting one variable?

2013-10-25 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK)
Hi, For my autotools setup, I need a way to export org-mode files into a different directory (for make distcheck). Currently I do that by copying all dependencies into the output directory, building the result and then killing the dependencies again - which is a horrible clutch (but works).¹ Is

[O] Clocktable time Information without days (8.0) [7.9.2 (7.9.2-dist @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)]

2013-05-17 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

[O] Bug: In list with checkboxes, meta-RET should add a checkbox for the next entry. [7.9.2 (7.9.2-dist @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)]

2012-12-30 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

Re: [O] Bug: In list with checkboxes, meta-RET should add a checkbox for the next entry. [7.9.2 (7.9.2-dist @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)]

2012-12-30 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Am Sonntag, 30. Dezember 2012, 14:30:11 schrieb Bastien: Hi Arne, Arne Babenhauserheide arne_...@web.de writes: So I would love to see org-mode adding the checkbox by default, when I am on a list entry which has a checkbox. Try S-M-RET. Oh, nice! Thank you for your answer! Best wishes

Re: [O] Bug: startup: hidestars does not use the real window background color [7.8.11]

2012-09-18 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK)
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE- Hash: SHA1 Hi Bastien, That’s great, thanks! Best wishes, Arne Am 18.09.2012 12:25, schrieb Bastien: Hi Arne, Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK) arne.babenhauserhe...@kit.edu writes: Dear org Hackers, I use a custom color scheme in KDE with brown window

Re: [O] babel for ditaa-eps

2012-09-13 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK)
., sql) already have an :engine header argument which may be used to change the back-end tool which executes the block. Thanks for sharing! Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK) arne.babenhauserhe...@kit.edu writes: Dear org hackers, I don’t know if there’s already a babel-ditaa-option for using

[O] Bug: org-preview-latex-fragment does not work with pygmentize (-shell-escape missing) [with patch] [7.8.11]

2012-09-12 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK)
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE- Hash: SHA1 Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode

[O] babel for ditaa-eps

2012-09-12 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK)
Software Foundation, Inc. ;; Author: Eric Schulte und Arne Babenhauserheide ;; Keywords: literate programming, reproducible research ;; Homepage: http://orgmode.org ;; This file is part of GNU Emacs. ;; GNU Emacs is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify ;; it under the terms

[O] Bug: startup: hidestars does not use the real window background color [7.8.11]

2012-09-04 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK)
-BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE- Hash: SHA1 Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode

[O] Bug: latex-export: More than 5 levels of headings [7.8.03]

2012-05-24 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

[O] Bug: org-latex-to-pdf-process with bibtex fails to produce bibtex (workaround included) [7.8.03]

2012-04-26 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

[O] Bug: table formula editor: readable elisp [7.8.03]

2012-04-11 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

Re: [O] Export as HTML does not preserve nonstandard entities as TODO signs

2011-10-16 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Hi Cristian, Am Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2011, 08:39:08 schrieb Christian Moe: On 10/14/11 5:47 PM, Arne Babenhauserheide wrote: I started using ✔ and ❢ as replacement for DONE und TODO and I realized that they get replaced by an underscore (_) in HTML output. Since I really like using symbols

Re: [O] Export as HTML does not preserve nonstandard entities as TODO signs

2011-10-16 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Am Sonntag, 16. Oktober 2011, 16:33:52 schrieb Christian Moe: First, sorry about the noise: I had failed to activate your symbols as TODO keywords. Now I do reproduce your results. No problem and many thanks for checking - and fixing! As soon as it’s in the emacs 24 repo, I can test it. Best

[O] Wish: babel for python3

2011-10-15 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Hi, I’d love to have babel for python3. My first shot at it would just be ob-python.el with each mention of python replaced by python3, but I hope that there is a more elegant way… Is there a way to get python3 support for Babel into org-mode cleanly? Best wishes, Arne

[O] Export as HTML does not preserve nonstandard entities as TODO signs

2011-10-15 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Hi, I started using ✔ and ❢ as replacement for DONE und TODO and I realized that they get replaced by an underscore (_) in HTML output. Since I really like using symbols for TODO and DONE¹, I wanted to ask, if this is a bug. Best wishes, Arne ¹: Just compare: * ✔ Sent bug question * ❢

Re: [O] Wish: babel for python3

2011-10-15 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
python executable. (setq org-babel-python-command python3) Best -- Eric Arne Babenhauserheide arne_...@web.de writes: Hi, I’d love to have babel for python3. My first shot at it would just be ob-python.el with each mention of python replaced by python3, but I hope

Re: [O] Wish: babel for python3

2011-10-15 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Hi Tom, Am Samstag, 15. Oktober 2011, 10:09:24 schrieb Thomas S. Dye: Arne Babenhauserheide arne_...@web.de writes: Is there a way to get python3 support for Babel into org-mode cleanly? If your projects are in different files, then you should be able to use file variables: http

Re: [Orgmode] Bug: startup hidestars also hides the point (square at point) [6.33x]

2011-02-11 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
On Thursday 10 February 2011 16:50:43 Bastien wrote: Arne Babenhauserheide arne_...@yahoo.de writes: Is it possible to disable the blinking statically and set the point to visible? Sorry I don't know... No problem. Thank you for caring! Best wishes, Arne

Re: [Orgmode] Bug: startup hidestars also hides the point (square at point) [6.33x]

2011-02-07 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Hi Bastien, On Friday 04 February 2011 20:10:44 Bastien wrote: Arne Babenhauserheide arne_...@yahoo.de writes: Thanks for doublechecking. I now tested it again, and this only happens when used in a shell (i.e. in a KDE Konsole) where the point does not blink. Well, I had this problem

Re: [Orgmode] Bug: startup hidestars also hides the point (square at point) [6.33x]

2011-02-04 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Hi Bastien, On Wednesday 02 February 2011 23:54:40 Bastien wrote: Arne Babenhauserheide arne_...@yahoo.de writes: Situation: A file with #+STARTUP: hidestars Expected: The first stars are hidden, but the marker which shows the point is visible (since the variable only says hide *stars

[Orgmode] Bug: startup hidestars also hides the point (square at point) [6.33x]

2011-01-27 Thread Arne Babenhauserheide
Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and what in fact did happen. You don't know how to make a good report? See http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.